Meals on Wheels

Christmas or non-Christmas charities and organisations - local or world-wide.

Meals on Wheels

Postby Jodie » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:19 am

I have great news, I still have to meet with one more person but it looks like I will be volunteering at our local Meals on Wheels in the near future.

It is such a great charity, they make and deliver meals to the aged and ill that cannot prepare their own meals.

Not sure how much I will be volunteering but hopefully at least a half day a week to start.

Jodie
Toy Maker

Re: Meals on Wheels

Postby Noel+ » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:52 pm

That's wonderful Jodie! You'll be serving some of the lonliest and neediest people who will never forget your thoughtfulness! :dinner:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jodie » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:46 am

I know, I picked up my paperwork for the police check and once I have that completed and they check me out, I can start in the food hall.

Looking forward to helping those less fortunate.

It will be on Wednesdays for a few hours from what I was told last week.

Jodie
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:49 am

Wishing you from the service to others, Jodie, and a heart touched by the chain of souls you encounter each Wednesday!

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jodie » Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:44 am

I feel terrible, I have not had a chance to get my completed paperwork back to them.

I will make time to do it this week.

Jodie
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:54 pm

But you WILL do it Jodie and that is what matters! Your heart is in the right place -- its just priorities are complex and at times we need to rearranger our goals to fit them. I believe in you! :singing:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jodie » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:37 am

When I went down to offer some help, business was slow and as soon as I promised time to others, I was inundated with work.

I just need to get my diary worked out, so that I can help others. There is much more pleasure in these activities than working at the moment.

Jodie
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Thu May 01, 2008 9:32 pm

And there always will be Jodie, God the giver planted seeds of joy in our hearts that bloom as we give to others! :singing:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Return to Charities & Helps