"CHRISTMAS" Thread - 1500

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: "CHRISTMAS" Thread - 1500

Postby CandyKane » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:22 am

I had fun crafting with my friend last night. I'm going shopping today and I'm going to look for some more supplies for the kids Christmas crafts. :elf:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:23 am

Hope all my Christmas friends have a great weekend!! :scene:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby mistletoe misfit » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:08 pm

Hi all my Christmas friends.

I went for minor surgery Wednesday. Nothing serious. Just something that was bothersome and on going for almost ten years. It will be a wonderful Christmas gift if it is as successful as we hope. Spent yesterday in bed, today feeling a little more like my old self though. Dear Hubby, the children and I watched Elf and Christmas Vacation last night. Laughter and Christmas together are always a bit healing in nature.
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:35 pm

I survived my first week of registration and Anders survived his first week of actual teaching. We bought christmas pudding ( rice pudding, a swedish thing sold all year round) to celebrate with on Sunday since we missed Christmas in August.

Merry Christmas in August! :peekleaves2:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:55 am

mistletoe misfit wrote:Hi all my Christmas friends.

I went for minor surgery Wednesday. Nothing serious. Just something that was bothersome and on going for almost ten years. It will be a wonderful Christmas gift if it is as successful as we hope. Spent yesterday in bed, today feeling a little more like my old self though. Dear Hubby, the children and I watched Elf and Christmas Vacation last night. Laughter and Christmas together are always a bit healing in nature.

Oh, our sweet MM, we're keeping you in our thoughts, hearts and prayers! And Christmas flicks are a sure fire healer!! :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:56 am

jwlundgren wrote:I survived my first week of registration and Anders survived his first week of actual teaching. We bought christmas pudding ( rice pudding, a swedish thing sold all year round) to celebrate with on Sunday since we missed Christmas in August.

Merry Christmas in August! :peekleaves2:

Rice pudding sounds like a great celebration to me! Congrats! on your first successful week!

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby mistletoe misfit » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:58 am

Thanks Noel for the kind thoughts and prayers. Doing well other than the nausea that doesn't want to subside. Oh, well I will keep watching funny Christmas movies and I am sure the laughter will cure it eventually. LOL
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby Noel+ » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:28 pm

Good for you MM. Studies actually prove laughter is a healer! And what could be best other than Christmas cheer?!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Stephanie » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:34 pm

I'm in a really good mood today...not only is it my birthday (woohoo), but I've started my new schedule at work and I no longer have to work Saturdays!! So, I'm off today!! Thank God! I really disliked working Saturday. So, I'm going to spend some time outside today b/c it's beautiful out and I'm going to go to Michael's to see if they have any new Christmas items out. I doubt they have anything new out, but I will still enjoy browsing the craft items they had out and the Christmas ribbon.
Stephanie
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:52 pm

Congrats! Stephanie on your schedule change! Most of us who work weekends long for them off!

Enjoy your new day off!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Stephanie » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:25 am

Thanks Noel. I'd been working Saturdays for the past 7 years. I thought I'd never get them off!! I didn't make it to Michael's yesterday, but we did go to the Dollar Tree and they had a few Christmas items...things like ribbons and some floral items. When I see Christmas items out this early, they're almost always crafting items. Makes sense.
Stephanie
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:59 am

I worked Saturdays for.........MANY years as a bank teller, and then 7 more in retail. I did not work for my first two years in Sweden, but am still amazed at what a 'weekend' feels like.

Watched the Aftermash christmas special on Youtube. I was trying to find the Mash Christmas specials, but no luck.

Merry Christmas in August! :peekleaves2: :scene: :snowwow:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:11 pm

Stephanie wrote:Thanks Noel. I'd been working Saturdays for the past 7 years. I thought I'd never get them off!! I didn't make it to Michael's yesterday, but we did go to the Dollar Tree and they had a few Christmas items...things like ribbons and some floral items. When I see Christmas items out this early, they're almost always crafting items. Makes sense.

Glad you had some Christmas shopping time.........and rest on your special day and 1st Saturday without working!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:59 pm

I am so tired. After church, I helped out with a dinner fundraiser for the kids. And after a couple hours at home cleaning, it's back to church. I told my hubby I should have just found me a nice quiet spot at church and took a nap then when him and dd came back they could just wake me up. He didn't think it was a good idea. lol Hoping for a very lively sermon to keep me awake. Found a couple more Christmas crafts for the kids. :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:00 pm

MistletoeMisfit----Hope your Christmas therapy is working and you're feeling much better today! :D

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:57 pm

Finally home!! I think I'll relax and look through a few of my Christmas catalogs. :elfgrin:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:59 pm

Yay!! Disney's Beauty and the Beast is coming out of the vault. I got an email today about preording it. This will definitely be under our Christmas tree this year. :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:17 am

CandyKane wrote:I am so tired. After church, I helped out with a dinner fundraiser for the kids. And after a couple hours at home cleaning, it's back to church. I told my hubby I should have just found me a nice quiet spot at church and took a nap then when him and dd came back they could just wake me up. He didn't think it was a good idea. :smilecc:

I grew up Southern Baptist (church three times a week), and I often felt that way. That was actually the origin of the Sunday Houses in the German sections of Texas. The farmers would come into town for business on Saturday and stay over for church on Sunday. They are cute houses with a living room/kitchen on the bottom floor and sleeping loft 'upstairs'. Very popular as B & B's today. Usually beautifully decorated during the Christmas season

http://www.countryliving.com/homes/hous ... house-0306

This is a recently built modern adaptation, but you get the idea. Only thing I could find quickly.

Froehliche Weihnachten
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:21 am

Interesting. I especially like the beautifully decorated for Christmas part! :scene:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:23 am

We woke up to a little rain this morning. Since we haven't seen it in so long we almost forgot what it looked like. But it's really put me in a good mood. I'm going shopping today. Hopefully I'll be able to find some Christmas stuff. :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter