"CHRISTMAS" Thread - 1500

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: "CHRISTMAS" Thread - 1500

Postby Mrs.Claus » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:32 pm

The Christmas All Year Blog is officially up and running again! Still need to find a suitable calendar though, but with the HGP started it was time to start posting. :D
~ Mrs. Claus ~

Mrs.Claus
The Mrs.

Postby CandyKane » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:56 pm

Mrs. C----Just checked out the Christmas blog and it looks great. That snow gently falling is amazing. I love it! :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:57 pm

I stopped by the flea market and found a vintage Avon Chistmas plate. It's really nice. Then I came home to a wonderful suprise. The JCPenney toy catalog was in the mail. Dd has already made her Christmas list. :elfgrin:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Mrs.Claus » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:10 am

CandyKane wrote:Mrs. C----Just checked out the Christmas blog and it looks great. That snow gently falling is amazing. I love it! :smilecc:

Thanks! My oldest said that she liked it with snow falling too - It was a little difficult to find a template with snow falling and that worked for Christmas All Year, but I was so glad when I did.

:snowwow:
~ Mrs. Claus ~

Mrs.Claus
The Mrs.

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:59 pm

Introducing my Christmas in September avatar. In memory of the victims and heroes of 9/11 and inspired by Home Alone: Lost in New York-my favorite Christmas in September movie.

Happy Christmas in September! Happy Labor Day USA!

:peekleaves2: :scene: :snowwow:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Stephanie » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:52 pm

The Blog looks really good!

I was surfing the Pier1 Imports site and I saw that they have a Christmas preview.

Click here
Stephanie
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby mistletoe misfit » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:57 am

We took the children to Ontario Place yesterday. They had a blast! I was so excited to take them to the Cinesphere to see a short film called "North of Superior" I saw this there as a young child. It was so humid and hot we spent quite awhile at the water area. Then over to the C.N.E.(Canadian National Exhibition) to try the deep fried butter and deep fried mars bars. Glad we tested them out , definitely wont be trying them again though. I may try the chocolate covered bacon if we go back another year. :D
Labour Day weekend is almost here, then the kids go back to school and Christmas is right around the corner. :smilecc:
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby Mrs.Claus » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:08 pm

MM - my hubby wants to try the chocolate covered bacon. Not sure if I would dare - I'm okay with syrup on my bacon but not too sure about chocolate. Didn't know they had that at the Ex - might have to go this year just to get it.

I mentioned this in the FAQ section but thought I'd say it here too - I've got the "view more smilies" area working now - we got the extra Christmas smilies back and the Autumn and Thanksgiving ones too. Enjoy!

:treehat: :leafjump: :carolbells: :ornwave:
~ Mrs. Claus ~

Mrs.Claus
The Mrs.

Postby CandyKane » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:21 pm

The chocolate covered bacon sounds delicious. One of my favorite meals is biscuits, chocolate gravy, and bacon. Yum!! It's a southern US thing. lol :dinner: It's my most requested breakfast and what I usually make Christmas morning.

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:24 pm

Yay!! The Christmas smilies are back. I've missed you guys. :snowjump: :santadance: :rudolph: :treegifts: joyelf

Thanks Mrs. C. :ornwave:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:26 pm

This weekend we're having a yard sale to benefit our church. I really hope someone brings some Christmas stuff! :toychase:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:35 pm

Mrs.Claus wrote:The Christmas All Year Blog is officially up and running again! Still need to find a suitable calendar though, but with the HGP started it was time to start posting. :D

The blog does look especially bright & cheery............its Christmastime! :snowwow:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:36 pm

jwlundgren wrote:Introducing my Christmas in September avatar. In memory of the victims and heroes of 9/11 and inspired by Home Alone: Lost in New York-my favorite Christmas in September movie.

Happy Christmas in September! Happy Labor Day USA!

:peekleaves2: :scene: :snowwow:

Merry Christmas in September to you!

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:37 pm

mistletoe misfit wrote:We took the children to Ontario Place yesterday. They had a blast! I was so excited to take them to the Cinesphere to see a short film called "North of Superior" I saw this there as a young child. It was so humid and hot we spent quite awhile at the water area. Then over to the C.N.E.(Canadian National Exhibition) to try the deep fried butter and deep fried mars bars. Glad we tested them out , definitely wont be trying them again though. I may try the chocolate covered bacon if we go back another year. :D
Labour Day weekend is almost here, then the kids go back to school and Christmas is right around the corner. :smilecc:

Oh, chocolate-covered bacon sounds like breakfast heaven to me! Your family time sounded wonderful - congrats! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby mistletoe misfit » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:03 pm

Mrs.Claus wrote:MM - my hubby wants to try the chocolate covered bacon. Not sure if I would dare - I'm okay with syrup on my bacon but not too sure about chocolate. Didn't know they had that at the Ex - might have to go this year just to get it.

I mentioned this in the FAQ section but thought I'd say it here too - I've got the "view more smilies" area working now - we got the extra Christmas smilies back and the Autumn and Thanksgiving ones too. Enjoy!

Thanks Mrs. Claus for fixing the Christmas smilies!
I love them :leafjump:

We only stayed at the Ex. for a very brief time it was just too hot there. A huge difference in temperature just between there and Ontario Place. I loved going to the Ex. as a child and teenager. Our kids enjoyed it for the short time we were there.
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby mistletoe misfit » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:19 pm

Yes. Noel I think chocolate covered bacon might be a little more along something I would like.
CandyKane what exactly is chocolate gravy and could I have the recipe? :D
It is chocolate and can only be yummy!! :dinner:

Just listened to Bing singing White Christmas. Needed something to help me feel a little cooler in this crazy heat. :treehat:
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:17 am

CandyKane wrote:The chocolate covered bacon sounds delicious. One of my favorite meals is biscuits, chocolate gravy, and bacon. Yum!! It's a southern US thing. lol :dinner: It's my most requested breakfast and what I usually make Christmas morning.

I'm from Texas and I have never heard of that. I guess Texas isn't 'southern' enough. :laugh:

Finally finished watching You've Got Mail on the mp4 (something I use in bed and night when I can't sleep and the hubby is snoring). The scene where Meg Ryan is decorating the Christmas tree and remembering her mother gets me every time. I always wonder how it will end even though I've seen it a million times.

My mother asked me if we had a holiday Monday, bless her heart. :cheer:

Have my interview today at the Swedish migration board. :smilecc:

Happy Labor Day USA! :peekleaves2:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby mistletoe misfit » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:40 am

Good Luck with your migration interview today jwlundgren!

Anyone else listening to Christmas songs this week?
I am listening to Feliz Navidad, very low so as to not wake up my family. :lol: :santadance:
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby Stephanie » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:19 am

Mrs.Claus wrote:MM - my hubby wants to try the chocolate covered bacon. Not sure if I would dare - I'm okay with syrup on my bacon but not too sure about chocolate. Didn't know they had that at the Ex - might have to go this year just to get it.

I've been wanting try chocolate covered bacon. I'm a sucker for the salty/sweet combination.

Thanks for getting the Christmas smilies fixed! :santadance:
Stephanie
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:56 pm

Chocolate Gravy

2 tablespoons flour
3/4 cup sugar
3 tablespoons powdered cocoa
2 cups milk

Mix first 3 ingredients, gradually add milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thickened. Add 1 teaspoon vanilla. (optional) Pour over biscuits our serve on the side. Add butter as desired. Delicious! :dinner:

Perfect for a cold winter morning, especially Christmas. :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter