"CHRISTMAS" Thread - 1500

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: "CHRISTMAS" Thread - 1500

Postby CandyKane » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:25 pm

Woohoo!! This is post number 800. Only 700 posts to go to reach our goal before Christmas. :scene:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:55 am

Got some good rest last night so I'm up and going good this morning. Have a long to-do list. I've been going through dd's toys. I'm taking out the one I know she doesn't play with to make room for all the Christmas toys that Santa's going to bring. :hohat:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:56 am

I've been getting alot of e-mails offering free shipping and Christmas pre-order specials. I am going to order the kids at church some VeggieTales Christmas dvd's and cd's while they are on sale.

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:58 am

:peekleaves2: Time is flying so quickly now. Can't believe how close we are to Halloween. :pumpkin: And Thanksgiving. :thanks: Then it'll be Christmas! Yay!! :merrytree:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:57 am

I started a thanksgiving thread somewhere but can't find it now. Swedish thanksgiving is the second sunday in oktober. We will be having 'almost thanksgiving chicken' if I can get the right veggies, would also like to have brussel sprouts, but it might be too early, not sure what else. The 'flavors of the season' are goose (we do chicken), apple, and blackberry. We will probably buy a refrigerator to oven blackberry pie. They are good and not expensive. Then only two months until Christmas!

American thanksgiving comes when we will be out of town this year, so I'm glad for the break. We will have turkey sausage with the traditional Swedish smörgåsbord for Christmas.

http://www.food.com/recipe/just-like-th ... ump-241654 :thanks: :leafjump: :rake: :cheer:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:05 pm

I can't believe I am just now hearing about this great new Rudolph themed game for Nintendo Wii and DS. http://www.amazon.com/Rudolph-Red-Nosed ... B003IY47Z4 This would make a great Christmas gift! :rudolph1: :shop:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:06 pm

I am so tired tonight. I can't wait to get to bed. I'm hoping for sweet Christmas dreams. :sleephat:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby mistletoe misfit » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:11 pm

WOW! I am NO gamer. But I love Christmas and boy would I like that game. Thanks for sharing this info with us. Maybe I could find the game here and I am sure my children would let me borrow their DS. LOL :smilecc:
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby mistletoe misfit » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:31 pm

I am feeling extra Christmassy right now!!! DH the kids and I are going to visit family on Saturday afternoon and what did I just find out, they are making us TURKEY!!! We are so thrilled and surprised. Currently I am listening to Here We Come a Caroling. Just couldn't help myself. :singing:
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby mistletoe misfit » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:40 pm

I must say there certainly are many fellow Christmas lovers/crazies out there. :whistle:
I was just visiting a buy/sell site and this evening someone put up a request for a Christmas sweater. Sorry, not just any ordinary Christmas sweater, must be an UGLY Christmas sweater. I have been a chuckling over that one. :smilecc:
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:20 am

mistletoe misfit wrote:WOW! I am NO gamer. But I love Christmas and boy would I like that game. Thanks for sharing this info with us. Maybe I could find the game here and I am sure my children would let me borrow their DS. LOL :smilecc:

I'm no gamer either, but that sounds like a reason to get one! I've been looking for The Grinch PC Game in Sweden from a few years back, but no luck so far.
Happy Christmas in September!

:leafjump:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:49 am

CandyKane wrote:I am so tired tonight. I can't wait to get to bed. I'm hoping for sweet Christmas dreams. :sleephat:

[color=#FF0000]I'm right there with you CandyKane! :smilecc: How about candy cane Christmas dreams? :D /color]

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:26 am

Here's another Christmas themed game for Wii. http://www.amazon.com/Wish-You-Merry-Ch ... rities_t_3 Who knew? :snowwow:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:33 am

CandyKane wrote:Here's another Christmas themed game for Wii. http://www.amazon.com/Wish-You-Merry-Ch ... rities_t_3 Who knew? :snowwow:

Oh man that looks fun! I've never understood the fascination with these little gaming devices, but I might have to get one now. The Titanic Game looks fascinating too even though it's not Chrismtas.

:snowwow: :scene: :peekleaves2:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:49 am

Awww Thursday. I can finally see the weekend and it looks wonderful. :D

We finally got the new dvr hooked up last night. It's really sad to see nothing when I had such great Christmas shows recorded on the old one. But if it had to break, I'm glad it did it before Christmas. :holly1:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:53 am

CandyKane wrote:Awww Thursday. I can finally see the weekend and it looks wonderful. :D

We finally got the new dvr hooked up last night. It's really sad to see nothing when I had such great Christmas shows recorded on the old one. But if it had to break, I'm glad it did it before Christmas. :holly1:

And Halloween! My second favorite tv month of the year. I miss all the great Disney movies! Especially Nightmare before Christmas and Casper's Haunted Christmas. Two of my favorite Christmas in October (Jul i Oktober?) movies. We debated a Wii vs DVR and I think we're going to go for the DVR first.

:leafjump: :rake: :cheer: :pumpkin: :snowkiss:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:54 am

Today is our last really warm day before a cold front moves in. Then it's really going to feel like Fall here. It's time to start changing the summer clothes out of the closets to make room for the Fall and Winter clothes. And yesterday my Mother-in-law gave me a beautiful handmade quilt. It is really thick and has such a beautiful pattern. I kept expecting her to say that since she gave me the quilt she wouldn't have to buy me anything for Christmas. :laugh:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:28 pm

There's nothing more cherished in my family than an heirloom quilt passed down the generations. What a Christmas blessing in September for you CandyKane!

Sat is QVC's Joy of Christmas program and I plan to watch as much of it as possible. I love the music, decorations and fun ideas!

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby lilnoelelf » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:46 am

Hello everyone! I'm so glad to be back! I have so missed all of you! I should be posting more as when all the kids go to bed I will have time. We have already got of our Christmas gifts hidden and a few new things picked up from sales and such here this summer. Oh I can't wait for cooler weather! it's still in the high 90's! Our Local Video store went out of Buiness and I bought 14 different Christmas DVD'S! My DH just smiled and helped me pick them out LOL. everyone is fine here, and the Youngest is now Running and talking. Time sure does fly! Hope everyone is doing fine and so very Blessed! Well, Ill be back later on, I have to scoot and get some things done! Hugs to all :wink:

P.S. Does anyone know if we are doing a Christmas Card Exchange this year? If so please let me know!Thanks so much!
Remember the TRUE reason for the season!!!!Image!
lilnoelelf
Bulb Tester

Postby mistletoe misfit » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:24 am

A big hello lilnoelelf! Welcome back~~ :smilecc:
Sounds like your all ready for Christmas!!
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter