"CHRISTMAS" Thread - 1500

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: "CHRISTMAS" Thread - 1500

Postby CandyKane » Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:20 pm

Glad you're back lilnoelelf. You're a Christmas friend who has been missed! :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:23 pm

Stopped by the dollar store this morning and this week they have put out all there Christmas stuff. They also have a ton of new toys for Christmas. I bought dd her first Uno game( a winnie the pooh version) and a really neat Barbie glitter sticker set. :elfgrin:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:24 pm

I am so excited about seeing all the Christmas stuff in the stores today. I'll be buying something every week until the big day! :shop: :shop: :shop:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:37 pm

I have a lot of Disney Movie Reward points accumulated. Im going to check out their website and see if they have anything I want to redeem points for and use as Christmas gifts. Yay!! :santa: :rudolph1: :snowman1:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:37 am

lilnoelelf wrote:Hello everyone! I'm so glad to be back! I have so missed all of you! I should be posting more as when all the kids go to bed I will have time. We have already got of our Christmas gifts hidden and a few new things picked up from sales and such here this summer. Oh I can't wait for cooler weather! it's still in the high 90's! Our Local Video store went out of Buiness and I bought 14 different Christmas DVD'S! My DH just smiled and helped me pick them out LOL. everyone is fine here, and the Youngest is now Running and talking. Time sure does fly! Hope everyone is doing fine and so very Blessed! Well, Ill be back later on, I have to scoot and get some things done! Hugs to all :wink:

P.S. Does anyone know if we are doing a Christmas Card Exchange this year? If so please let me know!Thanks so much!

WELCOME HOME@ lilnoelelf!!!!!!!

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby mistletoe misfit » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:16 am

CandyKane wrote:Stopped by the dollar store this morning and this week they have put out all there Christmas stuff. They also have a ton of new toys for Christmas. I bought dd her first Uno game( a winnie the pooh version) and a really neat Barbie glitter sticker set. :elfgrin:

Uno I loved that game as a kid. :smilecc: We played it at my Grandparents cottage. Great idea CandyKane!! :treehat: I am going to try to find one for our children for Christmas. :shop:
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby Stephanie » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:50 am

Byron and I have moved back to Louisiana as of this past Monday, so I'm getting caught up now. We didn't have a Hobby Lobby in our town in Ohio, and I knew they had Christmas out. So, one of the first places we went to after getting unpacked was Hobby Lobby. I was in Heaven browsing all of the Christmas items.

I watched a little Christmas on QVC this morning too. :holly1:

I also noticed that the 100 days of Holidays emails have started too. :peekleaves2:
Stephanie
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:05 am

So you'll be having Christmas at 'home' Stephanie? I am glad you had fun shopping Hobby Lobby! The only one in our town closed down 2 years ago and I miss it so much.

QVC was a fun watch today and I ordered a Christmas surprise for somone I love!

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby lilnoelelf » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:54 am

Hello everyone!
And thanks for such the warm welcomes back! I sure have missed everyone! been looking around on the web and found a couple of Christmas cookies I wanna try to make this year. I also got my Thanksgiving and Christmas Dinner lists done today. :dinner: I always do it around this time every year. and I cook enough food for an army but I have so much fun! LOL and this Christmas is going to be so speical, for the first time in 20 years Me and my sibalings will be together! I have 4 brothers and a sister and only me and Our oldest Brother has kept in touch. It's kinda sad but we all drifted apart after the death of our parents, but this year it will be so different and they are all coming to mine and my DH home. this place will be filled with laughter and so much love! there will be 17 kids here all under 18 and the youngest will be 2 LOL this is going to be a blast!!! I just can't wait!!!!!! :smilecc:
Remember the TRUE reason for the season!!!!Image!
lilnoelelf
Bulb Tester

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:47 am

Noel+ wrote:So you'll be having Christmas at 'home' Stephanie? I am glad you had fun shopping Hobby Lobby! The only one in our town closed down 2 years ago and I miss it so much.

I LOVE the Piglet avatar!
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Stephanie » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:47 am

Noel+ wrote:So you'll be having Christmas at 'home' Stephanie? I am glad you had fun shopping Hobby Lobby! The only one in our town closed down 2 years ago and I miss it so much.

Yep! I will be having Christmas at home! I'm really excited about that! :scene:

Byron and I stopped by the Christmas store today. It's one of those stores that's a pool and spa store through half the year and a Christmas store the other half. They were just getting Christmas set up when we went yesterday...there were boxes and boxes of Christmas items everywhere!! We didn't stay long b/c we didn't want to impede the process. :lol: We decided to give them another week and then stop by for a visit.

That's awesome that you'll get to spend Christmas with your siblings lilnoelelf. Family make the holidays special. :scene:
Stephanie
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:44 pm

lilnoelelf wrote:Hello everyone!
And thanks for such the warm welcomes back! I sure have missed everyone! been looking around on the web and found a couple of Christmas cookies I wanna try to make this year. I also got my Thanksgiving and Christmas Dinner lists done today. :dinner: I always do it around this time every year. and I cook enough food for an army but I have so much fun! LOL and this Christmas is going to be so speical, for the first time in 20 years Me and my sibalings will be together! I have 4 brothers and a sister and only me and Our oldest Brother has kept in touch. It's kinda sad but we all drifted apart after the death of our parents, but this year it will be so different and they are all coming to mine and my DH home. this place will be filled with laughter and so much love! there will be 17 kids here all under 18 and the youngest will be 2 LOL this is going to be a blast!!! I just can't wait!!!!!! :smilecc:

Oh, lilnoelelf how wonderful to you to be with your siblings for Christmas in your home! Wishing you a joyous celebration!

And its great to know you have your holiday dinner lists completed. Me too!
Just 3 months to go! :scene:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:46 pm

Stephanie wrote:

Yep! I will be having Christmas at home! I'm really excited about that! :scene:

Byron and I stopped by the Christmas store today. It's one of those stores that's a pool and spa store through half the year and a Christmas store the other half. They were just getting Christmas set up when we went yesterday...there were boxes and boxes of Christmas items everywhere!! We didn't stay long b/c we didn't want to impede the process. :lol: We decided to give them another week and then stop by for a visit.

That's awesome that you'll get to spend Christmas with your siblings lilnoelelf. Family make the holidays special. :scene:

How wonderful Stephanie! :smilecc:

I hope you have fun exploring the newly decorated Christmas store next week! :shop:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby mistletoe misfit » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:11 pm

Rep tryouts for hockey are officially over. DD 8 scored a goal today. She will be playing local league again this year. She was very close to making the rep team. We were so impressed with how well she did especially since she only started playing hockey last year. She had fun and it was a great experience.
DS made it on the Rep. team and couldn't be more thrilled. His best bud plays on the rep team. So all is well in the world of kids hockey here. :smilecc:
DS hockey officially starts next Saturday and DD8 starts the week following Thanksgiving. Once the hockey season begins it truly feels like the winter and Christmas season is also in full swing. :scene:
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby Noel+ » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:21 pm

MM, congrats! on your DC's performance in hockey! It must signal Christmas is not far away for ya'll! I know you have to be in great shape to play a good round of hockey! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:59 am

Yesterday after church we took all the kids to a pumpkin farm. :pumpkin: There was a hay ride, corn maze, petting zoo, and of course a patch to pick out the perfect pumpkin. It was a blast! And a perfect way to spend a chilly Fall afternoon. Can't wait to plan something great for Christmas. :merrygift:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:03 am

I set my new dvr to record my favorite Andy Griffith Christmas episode. I watched it this morning. What a great way to start the day. :santadance:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:05 am

I cannot believe that October is almost here. Time will really fly by now. Christmas will be here before we know it. :rockettes:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:32 am

CandyKane wrote:Yesterday after church we took all the kids to a pumpkin farm. :pumpkin: There was a hay ride, corn maze, petting zoo, and of course a patch to pick out the perfect pumpkin. It was a blast! And a perfect way to spend a chilly Fall afternoon. Can't wait to plan something great for Christmas. :merrygift:

Ah, one of the things I miss most about Fall [in the southwest] is the autumn leaves and pumpkin patches! We would always buy atleast 6 pumpkins to take home and carve. And a hay ride with caramel apples and apple cider was a treat at the end of the day. So glad you had a great time CandyKane.

Definitely time to plan for a Christmas event! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:25 am

Last year was my first time trying to make a pumpkin pie from 'scratch', as in FROM THE PUMPKIN and not a can. A friend gave us a can of pumpkin my first year here, we haven't seen it in the stores since. The pumpkins come from somewhere else and look really odd, but by the time I followed my cousin's recipe (she lives in Belgium and has to do the same thing), it came out remarkably good. Unfortunately, 'gourd' season here is more like December so I might make one for Christmas. I have a little leftover in the freezer, maybe just enough for a pumpkin shake. :-) :leafjump: :rake: :cheer: :pumpkin:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter