What did you do today?

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: What did you do today?

Postby Merry Sage » Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:45 am

Kevan was off yesterday so we dropped into St Peter's Church for a Eucharist service, then did a bit of shopping and home again. I love St. Pete's. Its a lovely old church with a fascinating history.

Church History

I got a decent night's sleep last night and boy, it sure makes a difference. Despite the weather service's optimistic pronouncements for the weekend, its staying decidely cold and overcast here so I think today I'll just be puttering. Kev's working from home for the next two days so that means making interminable cups of tea and snacks. :flake:
Merry Sage
Head Baker

Postby Jodie » Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:23 am

I watched Jingle all the Way and Miracle on 34th Street while OH played his Xbox on line.

A quiet day - but I love quiet weekends, probably because my weekdays are so busy.

Jodie
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:28 pm

I slept and slept and slept!! :oops: The children awoke me in time to fix dinner! We had southern-fried Chicken! And now, they're all watching a movie and Im catching up with friends at CAY! :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jodie » Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:39 am

Apart from tidying the house, washing and drying the clothes we need next week - I just relaxed most of the day with OH. I have been doing a lot of that lately - relaxing.

I feel as though I am coming down with a cold this afternoon - hopefully it is just because of the wet and cold weather.

Jodie
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:59 pm

My mother awoke me early -- her alzheimer's is worse and she no longer knows day from night most of the time. I took time to be with her most of the day. Then we had a shower contest to spur the kids to get ready for bed before dinner! I won! That way my sweet DH and I have some time alone later,

I love my job -- here comes the BUT -- I do enjoy time with my family so much! I am looking forward to Memorial Day weekend, as so far I am not on the schedule! :jump:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jodie » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:54 am

I worked all day. When I came inside it was cold tonight and OH had run me a nice hot bath - it was so lovely to relax while the boys prepared dinner.

Jodie
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:56 am

WORKED. And time for some sleep! :shock:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jodie » Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:49 am

I am back in my insomnia routine. I don't know why I do it but every now and then, I just don't seem to need the sleep or I get by on like two hours a night.

Today I worked out of the office. Then when I came back, I had so much to catch up on, that I did not finish until nearly 6pm tonight.

Then I came in, had a shower, made dinner for the pooch. There was only myself and number two son home, so we just had some toasted sandwiches for dinner.

Tonight I caught up on some reading for work.

It is now 12.50am on May 1

Jodie
Toy Maker

Postby Merry Sage » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:10 am

I've been getting us ready to go away to Dorset for a week on Saturday. At the moment I'm trying to get appointments set up to look at possible apartments for rent while we're down there. I get the Thursday edition of the Dorset Echo, the local paper, delivered by mail to check the rental listings. And there's some online too. Not much progress at the moment. I need people to call me back!

Got some paperwork done, phone calls made and just generally trying not to stress too much about the whole business. It won't be the end of the World if we don't find a suitable rental on this trip down. We aren't moving until we find exactly what we want, so if we need to make another house hunting trip down, so be it. Besides, its so gorgeous down there, the 200 mile journey to isn't a burden at all. :flake:
Merry Sage
Head Baker

Postby Jodie » Mon May 05, 2008 7:03 am

Worked and had to catch up on quite a bit - that is what you get for taking Friday off.

Oh well, it was worth it.

Jodie
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Wed May 07, 2008 11:05 pm

WORK :|

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jodie » Fri May 09, 2008 4:30 am

I did the same thing today as I did yesterday - tax seminar! Oh my it was a long day.

It is so nice to come home, have a hot shower, make a cup of hot tea and sit down to catch up with CAY.

Jodie
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Sat May 10, 2008 1:40 am

WORK :hide:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Mrs.Claus » Sat May 10, 2008 12:47 pm

Poor Noel :cry:

Today I'm still in bed. The kids and hubby said I could stay up in my room for as long as I want. So I'm here and am loving it. :jump:
~ Mrs. Claus ~

Mrs.Claus
The Mrs.

Postby Noel+ » Sat May 10, 2008 9:04 pm

Most of the day I decorated for Mothers Day tomorrow and then fixed dinner. The family is watching a skating event on tv and I am here with my CAY friends! :snowwow:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Mrs.Claus » Sat May 10, 2008 9:32 pm

Came down at 1 this afternoon - hubby made a brunch and then the girls and I spent 3 hours cleaning their room. While we were doing that hubby attacked the kitchen. Then he barbecued steak and I did up noodle side dish and salad. It's been a great day - not sure how Mother's Day will top it.
~ Mrs. Claus ~

Mrs.Claus
The Mrs.

Postby Merry Sage » Sun May 11, 2008 8:30 am

We had a very long drive back from the coast yesterday. This morning I zipped through my emails, got yet another load of laundry done (we were only away a week...you should see the amount of dirty clothes!) and caught up with my favourite forums. I still need to put in a grocery order for delivery. :flake:
Merry Sage
Head Baker

Postby Jodie » Mon May 12, 2008 2:31 am

Being a Monday I worked most of the day.

I did go out and have a long lunch with my youngest step sister - it was so nice to see her, we really don't get a lot of time together.

I am starting my photography course tonight - I can't wait.

Jodie
Toy Maker

Postby Mrs.Claus » Mon May 12, 2008 11:28 am

Not doing much today, except working on the CAY site and sorting through my clip art. And I will have to do a load or two of laundry, cook dinner, organise my Avon, pick up the girls from school, tidy the living and dining rooms. My it does look like I'm doing more than I thought. :lol:
~ Mrs. Claus ~

Mrs.Claus
The Mrs.

Postby Jodie » Tue May 13, 2008 4:26 am

Worked but I got to leave the office and meet with a client at their office for a change

Jodie
Toy Maker

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter