"CHRISTMAS" Thread - 1500

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: "CHRISTMAS" Thread - 1500

Postby ksrjreed » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:16 pm

Hello to all my fellow CAYer's,,,,had to be away for a while, having some ruff times the ksrjreed house hold, the littlest one's health hasn't been all that good, but I am back now and am so happy to be here. I have started going back to school to take a different career path. I also have seen all the Christmas decor in stores and I love it, seeing all the Christmas stuff takes the bad out of any day. :smilecc:

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby CandyKane » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:32 pm

Glad to see you back ksrjreed. Sorry to hear your family has been having a rough time. Hope the worst is behind you. :holly1:

And Christmas stuff always takes the bad out of my days too! :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:36 pm

Sunday's paper had some toy coupons in it. While looking online today I noticed that k-mart.com adjusted the price of their Hasbro toys to match the coupons. I didn't know they did that. DD is into remote controled toys right now so I ordered her a Strawberry Shortcake and My Little Pony RC vehicle. And I didn't even have to drive to the store with a coupon. :elfgrin:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:39 pm

With 3 months still to go, I am already feeling a little anxious about Christmas. I do this every year. I know that as time goes by it'll ease. Just always nervous that I won't accomplish every thing that I want to. Then I have to keep reminding myself of the real meaning of Christmas and that I get to enjoy it with my family and friends. That always makes me feel better. :D :scene:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:20 am

ksrjreed wrote:Hello to all my fellow CAYer's,,,,had to be away for a while, having some ruff times the ksrjreed house hold, the littlest one's health hasn't been all that good, but I am back now and am so happy to be here. I have started going back to school to take a different career path. I also have seen all the Christmas decor in stores and I love it, seeing all the Christmas stuff takes the bad out of any day. :smilecc:

We're delighted to have you back with us ksrjreed! Being the parent of a child ailing is always difficult - your family is in our prayers. And good for you being proactive to start a new career path in this economy.

Seeing Christmas catalogs or displays always bring joy, doesn't it! :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:23 am

CandyKane wrote:With 3 months still to go, I am already feeling a little anxious about Christmas. I do this every year. I know that as time goes by it'll ease. Just always nervous that I won't accomplish every thing that I want to. Then I have to keep reminding myself of the real meaning of Christmas and that I get to enjoy it with my family and friends. That always makes me feel better. :D :scene:

As women our 'to do' and 'grand plan' lists can very long and it can be intimidating! Two years ago I decided to change that........and this year we may not even get our decorations up.........but Christmas arrives December 25! Ive never heard anyone regret omitting an item on a to do list when they were elderly.......but they did regret time with family. You're not alone CandyKane........we'll help keep each focused on the "real meaning of Christmas" here at CAY. :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Stephanie » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:32 am

WooHoo! I'm an aunt again! Well, it wasn't my biological sister that had the baby, but my very best friend who is like my sister had her baby yesterday and I am SOOOOO EXCITED!!!! This baby is a real blessing b/c the doctors told her that she wouldn't be able to have kids. She lives in Georgia and I'm planning to go see them next month. I can't wait!!! I'm already planning what Christmas gifts to get the baby and the new mom. Baby's really make the holidays special. :gbhouse:
Stephanie
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:21 pm

Stephanie wrote:WooHoo! I'm an aunt again! Well, it wasn't my biological sister that had the baby, but my very best friend who is like my sister had her baby yesterday and I am SOOOOO EXCITED!!!! This baby is a real blessing b/c the doctors told her that she wouldn't be able to have kids. She lives in Georgia and I'm planning to go see them next month. I can't wait!!! I'm already planning what Christmas gifts to get the baby and the new mom. Baby's really make the holidays special. :gbhouse:

Congrats! A baby is always a blessing, but celebrating their birth the first Christmas is a true joy!

Enjoy Auntie! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Pretjah » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:32 am

on eo f my neighbors had a yardsale on saturday.

i picked up some nice "antique looking" ornaments - the ones cut out of metal in different shapes with a rustic patena to them. and some metal snow flakes that have that antique white wash paint style on them.

also some lenox christmas candy dish
Pretjah
Toy Maker

Postby Pretjah » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:43 am

also time for some more christmas movie/cartoon images to lift the christmas spirits

Pretjah
Toy Maker

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:46 am

I LOVE Home Alone and Home Alone 2 though I was an adult when they came out, but I just don't get the fascination with A Christmas Story. Am I just of the wrong generation or gender? :snowkiss: :treeswave: :snowtree:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:51 am

I LOVE A Christmas Story!! I watch it all year round. And thanks for the movie images Pretjah. They really brightened my day. :D

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:52 am

I got the next Avon book. It is loaded with Christmas items. :santa:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:31 pm

Thanks Pretjah for posting the Christmas snapshots. I love everyone of those movies!!!!!!

And, CandyKane, my Avon book is chocked full of Christmas items too.

Heres to Christmas thoughts! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby mistletoe misfit » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:42 pm

Thanks for sharing the Christmas movie pics! They are great! I must admit I have only seen A Christmas Story once and that was many years ago.
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby Noel+ » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:25 am

Oh, MM, you have to rent A Christmas story again. It is so hilarioius! :lol:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:34 am

Introducing my 'Christmas in October' avatar from one of my favorite Chrismtas in October movies. The other is of course The Nightmare Before Christmas. It has been freezing the last two mornings in Stockholm, so in my south Texas opinion 'winter' is here. My Swedish husband, however, has a differenct opinion. Last year we got know on Christmas Eve and it stayed for 3 months. Winter, the eternal darkness, and Christmas are on their way!

Merry Christmas in October!
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:04 pm

Glad to know someone is having nice Autumn weather! We're still having records temperatures. Today at 11:30am it was 106F!!!!

This weekend we're watching a family dvd of the last 3 Christmases to lift our spirits! :holly1:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:10 am

Christmas must be getting close because I just got my Swiss Colony catalog. My Mom loves fruitcake and she swears that theirs is the best. Time to order her one for Christmas. :shop: :dinner:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:12 am

One of our neighbors has decorated their front porch for Halloween and last night they turned on their orange lights. I can't wait until I see Christmas lights. :scene:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter