"CHRISTMAS" Thread - 1500

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: "CHRISTMAS" Thread - 1500

Postby CandyKane » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:14 am

I went shopping yesterday and bought dd a shrinky-dink jewelery making kit. I also got my package from k-mart. My Christmas closet is really getting full. :santa: :elf:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:15 am

I've got some good coupons for Glade candles and air freshener. They are buy one get one free. I'm going to use them to get the new Winter and Christmas scents. :gbhouse:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:00 pm

I was just telling my Swedish husband that people in the US decorate their yards for Halloween. I have to try to find pics on the web for him. :snowtree: :leafjump: :rake: :pumpkin:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:36 pm

CandyKane wrote:I went shopping yesterday and bought dd a shrinky-dink jewelery making kit. I also got my package from k-mart. My Christmas closet is really getting full. :santa: :elf:

That kit is so much fun -- your DD will love it at Christmas! :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:37 pm

Okay, why are tv shows starting Halloween so early? Just a tad early!

The stores are full of Halloween items...........not a glimpse at Christmas yet.

Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader comes out the week before Christmas! I'm so excited.........the book was wonderful! :scene:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby mistletoe misfit » Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:05 pm

Eight days until our Canadian Thanksgiving. I bought the turkey Friday. They were on sale for 88 cents a pound. Great deal! It is so close to Christmas now.

:thanks:
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby Noel+ » Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:16 pm

Wishing MM, Mrs. C and all our Canadian CAY friends a very Happy Thanksgiving in 8 days!!! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:08 pm

Today at church we worked on some crafts for the Christmas bazaar. I'll be doing alot of my shopping at the bazaar to help the kids and pick up some really cute handmade items. :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:13 pm

It definetly feels like Fall here. Low temp of 45 last night, sunny but chilly all day, and even colder temps tonight. :muffs: I have been putting my Fall and Halloween decorations outside. I love my hay bales, pumpkins, and mums. I can't wait to start putting up the Christmas lights. :scene:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:32 pm

Just posted the October Christmas Ornament challenge in the Homemade Holidays section. :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:31 am

CandyKane wrote:Just posted the October Christmas Ornament challenge in the Homemade Holidays section. :smilecc:

Yes, its a favorite of mine and a good reminder to stock up on Christmas craft supplies! Thanks! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:31 am

mistletoe misfit wrote:Eight days until our Canadian Thanksgiving. I bought the turkey Friday. They were on sale for 88 cents a pound. Great deal! It is so close to Christmas now.

Swedish Thanksgiving is Sunday, October 10. If American Christmas starts the day after (my cousin says the evening of) Thanksgiving, then does Swedish Christmas start the day after Swedish Thanksgiving?? Trying to convince my husband of this. Swedish Christmas is from December 13-Janaury 13, though the merchandise should show up at Ikea anytime now. Not even halloween in the stores yet, it is very low key here. We bought chicken for football soup this weekend, but did not get it made, so now the chicken is frozen to become Thanksgiving chicken next weekend. Brussel sprouts not so good yet. Turkey is hard to come by and expensive when you do find it, but we do now have turkey sausage and it is rather tasty! We will have that with our Christmas smörgåsbord this year!
:thanks: :leafjump: :rake: :cheer: :pumpkin:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:34 am

The really chilly temps have really put me in a Christmas mood. I have an overwhelming desire to put up my Christmas tree. :elfgrin:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:36 am

I have several errands to run today and I'm going to try to sneak in a little shopping too. The stores here are putting out more and more Christmas stuff every week. :shop:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:39 am

I think I'm gonna try out Netflix. I've been resisting it but I have a free trial and I'm in the mood to watch some new movies(and some old favorites). I know my first movie will be a Christmas movie. :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby mistletoe misfit » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:46 pm

jwlundgren wrote:
mistletoe misfit wrote:Eight days until our Canadian Thanksgiving. I bought the turkey Friday. They were on sale for 88 cents a pound. Great deal! It is so close to Christmas now.

Swedish Thanksgiving is Sunday, October 10. If American Christmas starts the day after (my cousin says the evening of) Thanksgiving, then does Swedish Christmas start the day after Swedish Thanksgiving?? Trying to convince my husband of this. Swedish Christmas is from December 13-Janaury 13, though the merchandise should show up at Ikea anytime now. Not even halloween in the stores yet, it is very low key here. We bought chicken for football soup this weekend, but did not get it made, so now the chicken is frozen to become Thanksgiving chicken next weekend. Brussel sprouts not so good yet. Turkey is hard to come by and expensive when you do find it, but we do now have turkey sausage and it is rather tasty! We will have that with our Christmas smörgåsbord this year!
:thanks: :leafjump: :rake: :cheer: :pumpkin:

HEE!HEE! Hey it's worth a try. My hubby wont go for Christmas starting next Tuesday. He barely tolerates me starting the beginning of November. He thinks it should start December first and end New Years Day. lol Oh though I have worn him down a little over the years, he now tells us on the 25th of each month how many more months til Christmas. :smilecc:
That is terrible how expensive turkey is there. We are lucky because they almost always put them on sale right before Thanksgiving and Christmas,
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby CandyKane » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:58 am

I got 3 Christmas catalogs in the mail yesterday. I finally got a chance this morning to sit with my coffee and browse through them. :D

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:01 am

We've had kind of a rough week. We've been dealing with the break-up of a family members relationship. Although they are still young and I know in my heart that they will get back together soon. And also found out that hubby's nephew has had to declare bankruptcy. It's really sad because him and his wife have a young child and another on the way. I'm just praying that everyone has their problems worked out by Christmas. :holly1:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:03 am

Only 80 days left until Christmas. Time is really flying by now. Just hope that the closer it gets, things will slow down so we can enjoy it more. :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:06 am

Last night I worked on some of the things for the children's Christmas craft bazaar. I'm getting a little nervous about it because I'm not getting alot of help, and I want to have a good variety of items so if we want to do it again next year people will really want to come. I know that things will all come together. :scene:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter