"CHRISTMAS" Thread - 1500

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: "CHRISTMAS" Thread - 1500

Postby Noel+ » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:02 pm

Stephanie wrote:We had a nice Christmassy day today. We went to Hollydays in Baton Rouge today. It's a Christmas bazaar type thing with lots of vendors. We had a lot of fun, ate a lot of free samples, and got to eat some gingerbread cookies. Yum! :gbhouse: Also, a friend gave us a gift certificate to Cracker Barrel a while ago and I forgot that I had it. So, we went to Cracker Barrel to eat and they had their Christmas items out in the store, so we had a nice time browsing the store before we ate.

We're going to give the Christmas Store another try today. I REALLY hope they're done setting up! I'm going in either way this time though. :lol:

What fun Stephanie! So glad the weather is feeling holidayish and the stores were decked out for Christmas. And what a perfect time to find a gift certificate for lunch! :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:03 pm

CandyKane wrote:"I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year."-Charles Dickens-

.Thanks for posting a favorite quote of mine from Dickens for Christmas! :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby mistletoe misfit » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:57 pm

Feeling like Christmas more and more around here. Two hours north of here they are expecting a few flurries overnight. :snowwow: We wont get that cool so it will be rain for us, but it is getting closer. The children had a PD day today and DD8 had me in stitches. I found her pretending to do snow angels on the living room floor. LOL She takes after me just a little I guess. HEE!HEE! :smilecc:
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby ksrjreed » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:17 pm

My daughter came up to my wife and myself the other day and said she knew what she wanted to be for Halloween, I said "OK, tell me what you want to be for Halloween", she said she wanted to be Shirley Temple. I don't know who's jaw dropped farthest, mine or my wifes. We both had that you got what for Christmas look, but it was about a Halloween costume. Thank you Shirley Temple DVD collection that has been on TV. :smilecc:

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:03 am

We had our first frost on the ground yesterday. I got surprised as I had walked out in Reebox and not ice boots. Ice boots are now the norm until Easter. It's starting to feel alot like christmas! Trying to figure out how I can turn our 2 ft by 4 ft Balcony into a 'haunted house' with benefit of Walmart. Any ideas?

Happy Christmas in October! :snowkiss: :leafjump: :rake: :cheer: :pumpkin:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Pretjah » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:57 am

man really was in the christmas mind set yesterday...had to watch polar express!!!

i think today is a santa clause day

last night had to run to big lot...man alot of christmas stuff up looking good!!!
Pretjah
Toy Maker

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:05 am

[quote="jwlundgren"]It's starting to feel alot like christmas! Trying to figure out how I can turn our 2 ft by 4 ft Balcony into a 'haunted house' with benefit of Walmart. Any ideas?

Meant to say withOUT benefit of Wal-mart. How did people do it when you had to make your own decorations?

:snowkiss:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:47 am

A Shirley Temple Halloween costume! What a great idea. Wonder how many kids (and grown ups) will have to ask 'Who are you suppossed to be'. Dd's going to be a cupcake. lol Our church is not having the usual Fall Fesival this year. They are just passing out candy. I'm kinda happy about it because instead of helping I can just take dd trick-or-treating. I'm looking forward to Halloween. I love it almost as much as I love Christmas! :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:49 am

I love the Polar Express movie. I know alot of people that say they don't care for it. I guess because it is visually different than anything else. But to me it's a perfect Christmas movie! :scene:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:51 am

I'm taking dd to a preschool play group tonight. We're having dinner and then they'll be playing games and doing crafts. Can't wait to see what they come up with for Christmas crafts. :elfgrin:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:43 pm

It must be getting close to Christmas cause today I got a mailbox full of Christmas catalogs and credit card offers. lol :laugh:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby ksrjreed » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:02 pm

My daughter told us a few days ago that she wants a pogo stick for Christmas, my wife and I went to Toys R Us and sure enough they still make pogo sticks, well one gift down. :smilecc:

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby mistletoe misfit » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:40 am

I saw my first Christmas commercial this morning. :smilecc: The Holiday Rice Crispy commercial. They have palyed this one for the last few Christmas seasons. It is filmed mostly in black and white, with a boy and his mom making red and green rice crispy squares. :smilecc:
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby CandyKane » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:37 am

We have decided to hold our Christmas bazaar along with a another church so this has moved our timeframe up about 3 weeks. We have a lot of stuff made so I think it will be fine. I'm really excited and I'll be buying several things to help the kids out. :D

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:40 am

:shop: :shop: The only thing better than Christmas shopping is Christmas shopping that supports a good cause. :shop: :shop:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:55 am

I have one Operation Christmas Child box ready. It's for a 2-4 year old boy. I just need to wrap it and find a shipping box. I noticed that they had to increase the cost to $7 this year. It's the first price increase they have had and it amazes me that they can do so much with so little! :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby mistletoe misfit » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:52 pm

First few flakes of snow spotted here this afternoon. Very brief about 25 seconds. :smilecc: Puts me in the mood to watch White Christmas. :lol:
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby CandyKane » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:02 pm

:snowwow: SNOW!! Yay! :flake: :flake: :flake: We have had a high temperature of 85 degrees F here today. 8-) It really doesn't feel like Christmas to me until the temps drop.

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:03 pm

CandyKane wrote:I love the Polar Express movie. I know alot of people that say they don't care for it. I guess because it is visually different than anything else. But to me it's a perfect Christmas movie! :scene:

Me too! I took my children because we'd read the short little book and they were excited. I loved the old-time Christmas feel and sentiment and bought the dvd the day it came out! I watch it alteast twice before Christmas! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:04 pm

When I woke up at 6am there was rain! Slow steady sprinkles that made me think of Christmas here! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter