"CHRISTMAS" Thread - 1500

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: "CHRISTMAS" Thread - 1500

Postby CandyKane » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:59 am

I woke up really early this morning so while the house was quiet I sat down with my coffee and read the Guideposts 2010 Joys of Christmas book from cover to cover. What a great way to start my day! :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:01 am

My Mom loaned me some of her Christmas movies. I'm going through them today to see if there are any I haven't seen before. :D

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:03 am

I bought some wooden craft stick yesterday. I thought I'd glue them together and take them to church tomorrow for the kids to decorate. They make the cutest reindeer Christmas ornaments. :rudolph1:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:05 am

I usually buy several new Christmas ornaments every year. This year I'm helping the kids make ornaments then I'm going to buy some from them. I'll might just have to put up a special Christmas tree just for all the new homemade ornaments. :smilecc: :scene:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby mistletoe misfit » Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:25 pm

CandyKane wrote:I usually buy several new Christmas ornaments every year. This year I'm helping the kids make ornaments then I'm going to buy some from them. I'll might just have to put up a special Christmas tree just for all the new homemade ornaments. :smilecc: :scene:

CandyKane that is what our family room tree is for "handmade only decorations" Friends have made us some, but many the children have made. I think it will be great when the children are grown we will still have all these decorations they have made over the years. Maybe we will be blessed and have grand children one day and then I will also ask them to make decorations for "Grandma's handmade only Christmas tree" Probably sounds pretty silly, that is so far in the future! Our kids are only 6, 8, and 10 after all. :laugh:
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby Noel+ » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:49 am

CandyKane wrote:I usually buy several new Christmas ornaments every year. This year I'm helping the kids make ornaments then I'm going to buy some from them. I'll might just have to put up a special Christmas tree just for all the new homemade ornaments. :smilecc: :scene:

We have a "family" tree filled with ornaments handmade by family/friends and those ornaments given to us. I add a few odds and ends and we just love it. I think you're family will love your new handcrafted tree! :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:50 am

CandyKane wrote:I woke up really early this morning so while the house was quiet I sat down with my coffee and read the Guideposts 2010 Joys of Christmas book from cover to cover. What a great way to start my day! :smilecc:

I laid out this Guideposts for November 1st to start my holidays with joy. Thanks for leading the way CandyKane! :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Stephanie » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:47 pm

Get out your checkbooks everyone! :shop: The Neiman Marcus Christmas Book is out!! I'm sure someone special in your life is just DYING to have the lifesized edible gingerbread house for $15,000!!! LOL Thanks, but no thanks. :lol:

Here's the link: Neiman Marcus Christmas Book
Stephanie
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:03 pm

In this economy??? What a Christmas catalog! Thanks!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:01 am

We had our first snow on Friday, October 22, while I was away at a work conference. We were on an island retreat. I took 'fall' pics when we arrived, the next day it was 'winter' and I was able to get the same exact shot with snow. You know you have been in Sweden too long when the world looks normal again and covered with snow. I am from San Antonio, Texas, and this is my third winter here. I guess I'm finally getting acclimated.

I'm dreaming of a White Christmas............ :snowkiss: :snowhouse: :snowtree:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:38 am

I love those photos where you capture the same image in different seasons. Of course any picture with snow in it makes me think about Christmas. :flake: :D

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:40 am

Another busy Monday for me. I have lots of errands to run this morning. I have all my own stuff then some church business to take care of. Might sneak in a little Christmas shopping. :shop:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Stephanie » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:15 pm

Starting Monday, November 1, the rest of the world will start to realize that Christmas is approaching. That's always exciting for me b/c you start seeing the Christmas commercials and more decorations and such.

I have a Christmas garland that I started last year and I haven't finished it. I tihnk I'm going to try and wrap that project up so it can bee added to our tree this year. :scene:
Stephanie
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:44 pm

One of our favorite animated Christmas specials is Shrek the Halls. Thursday night is their new Halloween special Scared Shrekless. I've already set the dvr and can't wait to watch it. :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:47 pm

I love Netflix. Already watched 2 Christmas movies and I'm getting another one this week.

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:46 am

CandyKane wrote:I love Netflix. Already watched 2 Christmas movies and I'm getting another one this week.

Yes, it is great for Christmas time! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:47 am

QVC had 3 days of "Joy of Toys & Trim" and just finished the last show a couple of hours ago. I loved the music, decorations and Christmas themed items!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:14 am

Noel+ wrote:
CandyKane wrote:I love Netflix. Already watched 2 Christmas movies and I'm getting another one this week.

Yes, it is great for Christmas time! :D

I am glad Netflix is still going strong. It had just started up in my area when I left. I probably would have 'cut the cable' when the digital price went sky high and opted for that. Then you can have Christmas all year round!

:snowkiss: :snowhouse: :snowball:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:17 am

I posted this on the recipe forum, but I'll post again here. I am looking for a 'christmas soup' recipe to make on December 23, which is 'tree trimming' day in Sweden when Swedes across the land gather in households to put up the tree. It is not technically part of the Christmas holidays (Dec. 24-26), but most Swedes try to contrive to be off on that day. I was thinking it would be nice to have something brewing on the stove that would smell heavenly while we were trimming the tree and then we could sit down and enjoy the lights (I think, Swedish trees are sparse by American standards). Any ideas? :snowkiss: :snowhouse: :peek:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:16 pm

Bass Pro Shops is having the Santa's Wonderland event again this year. This has become a tradition for us. They have a free picture with Santa plus a wonderful family progam of crafts and fun. If you live anywhere close to a Bass Pro Shop check this out! :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter