"CHRISTMAS" Thread - 1500

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: "CHRISTMAS" Thread - 1500

Postby CandyKane » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:37 pm

Just made dd's Christmas portrait appointment. :angelmerry:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:40 pm

I also printed the Christian letters from Santa for dd and the other kids in my Sunday School class. I'm going to send them all together and get the North Pole Christmas postage cancellation. :pole:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby ksrjreed » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:37 pm

My oldest son asked me yesterday when we were going to put up the Christmas lights outside, which made me smile. Right now we are getting ready to get hit with a bad storm, winds are already up to 50 miles per hour, so I guess I will stay inside the rest of the day and watch movies and probably do some online window shopping, just to get ready to finish up shopping for this Christmas, hope everyone has a great day. :smilecc:

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby CandyKane » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:53 pm

I saw that storm on the weather channel this morning. It looks really nasty. We got a half inch of rain from the bottom part of it last night. Woke me up about 3 am and from the horrible sound of it, all the rain fell at once. Stay safe ksrjreed. A day inside with Christmas movies and 'shopping' is never a bad thing. :treewiggle: :merrysanta:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:24 pm

Yes, I watched the weather channel coverage of that storm too -- so glad you're safe!

Christmas..........it cheers the heart no matter what the weather!

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Stephanie » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:32 pm

We went to TWO Christmas stores today. One of the stores was the Christmas/pool and spa store that I told you guys about a while ago. I found the second one by accident. It's been a fun day. :scene:
Stephanie
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:52 pm

Have a holly jolly Christmas
It's the best time of the year
Well I don't know if there'll be snow
But have a cup of cheer

And when you walk down the street
Say hello to friends you know
And everyone you meet

Ho ho the mistletoe
Hung where you can see
Somebody waits for you
Kiss her once for me

And in case you didn't hear
Oh bygolly have a holly jolly Christmas
This year

And when you walk down the street
Say hello to friends you know
And everyone you meet

And in case you didn't hear
Oh bygolly have a holly jolly Christmas
This year

:whistle:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:54 pm

The "Urn of Fate" is part of the Christmas celebrations in many Italian households. The Urn of Fate is brought out on Christmas Eve. It holds a wrapped present for everyone. The mother tries her luck first, then the others in turn. If you get a present with your name on it, you keep it; otherwise, you put it back and try again.

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:56 pm

jwlundgren---Ever heard of this?

In Sweden, a common Christmas decoration is the Julbukk, a small figurine of a goat. It is usually made of straw. Scandinavian Christmas festivities feature a variety of straw decorations in the form of stars, angels, hearts and other shapes, as well as the Julbukk.

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:58 pm

7.The poinsettia is a traditional Christmas flower. In Mexico (its original birthplace), the poinsettia is known as the "Flower of the Holy Night".

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:18 pm

Thanks for posting the lyrics to Holly Jolly Christmas. Just sat down from work - and it put a smile on my face as I sang the song to myself. Good ole Burl Ives! :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby ksrjreed » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:18 am

The storms have now passed and they were pretty fierce, but we survived and now we are on to bigger and better things, tonight is trick or treat in our town so the little ones will go get candy tonight and then my thoughts can go completely 100 percent on Christmas(like they are not that way the whole year :D ) Anyway, hope everyone has a great day and stays safe. :smilecc:

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby CandyKane » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:10 pm

Our town will be celebrating Halloween Saturday. I can't wait to take dd trick-or-treating. Several churches are having Fall Festivals and this year dd is big enough to really enjoy herself. I love Halloween...almost as much as I love Christmas. :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:15 pm

Today has been our coldest day so far. At noon it was only 50 degrees F. :muffs: And the wind has howled for the last 2 days. It's definitely Fall now.
Today brought doctors checkups and flu shots. Glad to have that over with for another year. I'm taking my Mom shopping tomorrow. We need to get candy for Halloween and going to get in some early Christmas shopping. :shop:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:16 pm

I got 2 packages from UPS today. Both were Christmas presents.....toys for dd. :elfgrin:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:47 am

The weather here has turned up the heat and it was 93F today. So hard to feel like the holidays are coming! We watched The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown tonight.........our Halloween ritual. I love Peanuts!

Now we're pining for A Charlie Brown Christmas again!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:34 pm

I had a great time shopping with my Mom. I bought dd a Christmas present....a little tool set. She keeps telling me that she has lost all her tools and HoHo is going to bring her a new set so she can work on stuff with her daddy. :lol: She's such a tomboy. :D

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:38 pm

Planning a relaxing night at home tonight. Going to carve the pumpkins and watch some Halloween shows. Of course Charlie Brown is at the top of our list. Last year I roasted all the pumpkin seeds and thought they were great so I'm going to try it again. Pumpkins make me think pumpkin pie......which leads to Thanksgiving.......which leads to Christmas. :scene:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:40 pm

The stores are really getting full of Christmas stuff. Alot of folks are buying early and that's great. Everything is so expensive you have to spread the shopping out. I'm glad I've always been a year round Christmas shopper. :shop:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:42 pm

Post #999. And since I'm in an especially Christmas mood, I just have to make another post. :elfgrin:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter