"CHRISTMAS" Thread - 1500

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: "CHRISTMAS" Thread - 1500

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:09 am

Introducing my Christmas in November avatar which is dedicated to the Star Wars Holiday Special. I found a Swedish source for the Star Wars Cookbook so I might just order it as a pre-Christmas gift to myself.

Happy Life Day! Merry Christmas in November!

:snowkiss: :snowhouse: :angelmerry:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Stephanie » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:39 am

It's November 1st! Let the holiday season begin!!!!! :scene: From now until Christmas is my favorite time of year. :snowjump:
Stephanie
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby mistletoe misfit » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:10 pm

Mine to Stephanie! :smilecc:

We had flurries yesterday afternoon. It lasted about 10- 15 minutes. The bottom of the trampoline was covered. It was melted away a short time later. But it was a pleasant surprise for the children and I. No snow for trick or treating but it was chilly!!!
Christmas full steam ahead now! :smilecc:
I bought 3 small glittery snow flake decorations for the window yesterday.I hung them this morning, one is red the other two are green. :lol:
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby ksrjreed » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:50 pm

I will be doing my last yard cut tomorrow and getting ready to put out my yard displays for this year. I can't wait to get my outdoor Christmas lights out and decorate my house. :smilecc:

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby ksrjreed » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:01 am

Good morning CAY'ers, getting ready to go vote then off to run some errands and then the best thing of all, I will get my outdoor Christmas lights out and start checking them to get them ready to be put out this year. :smilecc:

ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Postby ksrjreed » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:39 pm

Had to put a halt to the outdoor Christmas lights yesterday, pulled a muscle in my lower back, bad enough that my wife says she can see where it is knotted up. Still hurts today but is getting better, hopefully will feel better tomorrow, the mrs. and myself are going shopping for the kiddies again and I need to be in best condition to handle all the people that are out and about in our area. :smilecc:

ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Postby CandyKane » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:01 pm

Super busy week for me. I haven't had any time to check in with my friends here on my favorite Christmas forum. I've missed you guys! :elfgrin:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:03 pm

Christmas is really getting into full swing. Only 3 weeks left until Thanksgiving now. The Christmas commercials have started here and there are several bazaars and craft shows planned. It's getting so close and I am so excited! :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:05 pm

One of my friends had a new baby girl last Friday and another friend goes to the hospital to have her baby boy Monday. Christmas will be extra special with all the new little ones this year. :D

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:08 pm

Dd is so excited about all the toy catalogs that are coming in the mail. She walks with me to get the mail everyday and she screams 'that's mine, that's mine'. Everything she wants she tells me HoHo is going to bring it for her. She 'writes' him a new letter everyday. She loves Christmas as much as her Momma does. :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby ksrjreed » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:15 pm

Took my wife out ot breakfast this morning then did some Chrismtas shopping, picked up some wrapping paper as well as some more gifts for the kids, almost have one child done, three more to go. Hoping to put my outdoor lights up on Saturday, back is still sore and have been told it will probably stay sore for about three weeks or so, but thats okay as long as I have my Christmas spirit to keep me going. :smilecc:

ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Postby ksrjreed » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:05 pm

I am a proud daddy right now!!! As some of you know we put our tree up really early, well my 6 year old autistic son looked at my wife and me and said Christmas Tree, Santa bring Aaron present. We are so excited that he understands what the tree is and what it means. :smilecc:

ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Postby Noel+ » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:13 pm

Life gets so hectic this time of year that I'm looking forward to Veteran's Day to honor our heroes. AND take some time to contemplate how thankful I am for Thanksgiving & Christmas! :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:36 am

Noel+ wrote:Life gets so hectic this time of year that I'm looking forward to Veteran's Day to honor our heroes. AND take some time to contemplate how thankful I am for Thanksgiving & Christmas! :D

I absolutely LOVE your computer graphics. Do you do them yourself? We are off on an SCA (Society for Creative Anachronism-medieval) event today outside of Gothenburg. The weather will be 'warmer' but wetter. Not quite Christmas weather yet. Ikea should have their Christmas open house soon!

:snowkiss: :snowtree: :snowhouse:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby mistletoe misfit » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:00 am

ksrjreed wrote:I am a proud daddy right now!!! As some of you know we put our tree up really early, well my 6 year old autistic son looked at my wife and me and said Christmas Tree, Santa bring Aaron present. We are so excited that he understands what the tree is and what it means. :smilecc:

That is such wonderful news ksrjreed! It sounds like it will be a great Christmas for Aaron and your whole family!!!!
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby CandyKane » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:18 am

Ksrjreed---What a wonderful story! And what a wonderful Christmas memory you have with your son! :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:19 am

We're heading out to do a little early Christmas shopping. :shop: :shop: :shop:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby ksrjreed » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:11 pm

Thank You Candy,,,,anytime he lets that normal 6 year old out we cherish it, tonight we are taking our kids to get Christmas pictures done then out to eat, don't get to do this family night out stuff much so we are very excited about doing it. :smilecc:

ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Postby Noel+ » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:09 pm

ksrjreed wrote:I am a proud daddy right now!!! As some of you know we put our tree up really early, well my 6 year old autistic son looked at my wife and me and said Christmas Tree, Santa bring Aaron present. We are so excited that he understands what the tree is and what it means. :smilecc:

That definitely is an early Christmas present for you! How wonderful!

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:20 pm

We're going Christmas "looking" tomorrow per my children. The stores are FINALLY putting out Christmas decorations, wrapping paper and displays. YAY! :D :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter