"CHRISTMAS" Thread - 1500

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: "CHRISTMAS" Thread - 1500

Postby ksrjreed » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:01 pm

Took the children to get Christmas pictures tonight, then went to the mall. I now know that per my youngest that Santa is bringing Aaron a present and it is blue and yellow, don't know what it is yet, but at least I have colors to work with.

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby Noel+ » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:06 am

ksrjreed wrote:Took the children to get Christmas pictures tonight, then went to the mall. I now know that per my youngest that Santa is bringing Aaron a present and it is blue and yellow, don't know what it is yet, but at least I have colors to work with.

Well, that's a great place to start for the colorful season of Christmas! :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby ksrjreed » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:26 am

Spent most of last night looking at websites for blue and yellow toys for my youngest Christmas presents from Santa. Have a lot to do today, take the oldest boy to B-Ball practice then continue my Band Booster duties later tonight as we go on the road for a playoff game, hopefully when I get home I can just sit back and watch a Christmas movie and unwind. :smilecc:

ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Postby CandyKane » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:13 am

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas
Ev'rywhere you go;
Take a look in the five and ten glistening once again
With candy canes and silver lanes aglow.
Toys in ev'ry store
But the prettiest sight to see is the holly that will be
On your own front door.

A pair of hopalong boots and a pistol that shoots
Is the wish of Barney and Ben;
Dolls that will talk and will go for a walk
Is the hope of Janice and Jen;
And Mom and Dad can hardly wait for school to start again.
Ev'rywhere you go;
There's a tree in the Grand Hotel, one in the park as well,
The sturdy kind that doesn't mind the snow.
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas;
Soon the bells will start,
And the thing that will make them ring is the carol that you sing
Right within your heart.

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:18 am

Had a great day out yesterday. I bought a couple of nice Christmas gifts and some new outside lights. They are snowflake shaped and I thought they'd look great with the hanging icicle lights. :lights:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:20 am

I recorded a couple of Christmas shows on the dvr and hopefully I'll get some time to sit down and watch them this afternoon. :hohat:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:22 am

My plan for today is to take down and pack up all the Halloween stuff. Then go down in the basement and carry up some of the Christmas boxes. My Christmas tree is a prelit tree so I need to plug it in and make sure all the lights are working. :treegifts:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby mistletoe misfit » Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:49 pm

So far today has been a great day. Our DD 8 scored a goal at hockey, her second of the season. Our team didn't win but that is ok, they had fun and are improving each time they play. :smilecc: I found an outfit for our DD6 really cheap, a pair of much needed snow pants for DD8 on sale, and reasonably priced pair of new pants for DS. He needed them desperately before Remembrance Day this Thursday, since his class will be a big part of the Remembrance Day ceremonies at our new school. Also The Eggnog my sis and I really enjoy is on sale and I bought some for now, and put some in the freezer for when they come at Christmas!! Well it is off to finish dinner and then off to DS hockey game! Have a great night All!!!! :scene:
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby Noel+ » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:34 am

CandyKane wrote:It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas
Ev'rywhere you go;
Take a look in the five and ten glistening once again
With candy canes and silver lanes aglow.
Toys in ev'ry store
But the prettiest sight to see is the holly that will be
On your own front door.

A pair of hopalong boots and a pistol that shoots
Is the wish of Barney and Ben;
Dolls that will talk and will go for a walk
Is the hope of Janice and Jen;
And Mom and Dad can hardly wait for school to start again.
Ev'rywhere you go;
There's a tree in the Grand Hotel, one in the park as well,
The sturdy kind that doesn't mind the snow.
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas;
Soon the bells will start,
And the thing that will make them ring is the carol that you sing
Right within your heart.

Thanks for posting this Christmas carol, CK.

This carol is embeded deeply in my heart. It was the first song of the season after Thanksgiving - and we often sang it that night watching the Wizard of Oz. [if you're young yes it aired on CBS on Thanksgiving for decades]. I lived on a farm so our first trip to downtown circle was definitely 'glistening'. This song starts Christmas in my heart.

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:36 am

Well we've packed away our few Halloween items, and unpacked the rest of the autumnal Thanksgiving items. We've decorated lightly inside and out. The next time we pack away these items and start Christmas decorating!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby mistletoe misfit » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:34 am

I can't believe it is only 2 1/2 weeks until American Thanksgiving. :snowwow:
I am hoping to once again watch your Thanksgiving Day Parade. The Balloons are great!
Once that day comes there is always so many more Christmas specials airing as well as Christmas commercials. The official Christmas switch gets turned on I guess. :smilecc:
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby ksrjreed » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:06 pm

Just got back from Sunday School, now on to cleaning out my closet to find the rest of Christmas decorations, my youngest got into my closet over the summer and really did a number on it. Anyway, hope everyone has a peaceful Sunday and a great start to the work week. :smilecc:

ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Postby Mrs.Claus » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:42 pm

It's been ages - I've missed you all!!!! The kitchen has taken longer and is almost complete, we're painting today (mostly hubby is) and then the appliances come on the 11th. Just can't wait to eat at home again!!!! And they're coming just in time for our Santa Claus parade "after party".

School has been a bit hectic - teacher-librarian is now a halftime position, so the new librarian does 2 jobs and is a bit overwhelmed, so I'm trying to do as much as possible to help, so I'm working harder now. This week is also our Book Fair week, so I'm there everyday - as it is I'm at school 3 days.

My girls made the school volleyball team and their first game is on the 11th after school, so I'm hoping the appliances come early so hubby can see the game. I'm so proud of them!!!!

Hubby wants to get the Christmas decorations up early this year - finally !!! :lol:
~ Mrs. Claus ~

Mrs.Claus
The Mrs.

Postby Stephanie » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:29 pm

We are living in a much smaller space in Louisiana than the one we had in Ohio. So, we went shopping for a smaller Christmas tree this weekend. We didn't want to spend a lot since we're planning on moving to a bigger place soon. We bought a slender tree that is 6 feet tall for only $25. We couldn't wait, so we went ahead and put it up. The tree is so laden with ornaments that you can't even tell how cheap it is! :lol: We love it! I'll take pictures and post them later tonight. :scene:
Stephanie
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:58 pm

I have had the best day. We have a husband/wife at our church and they oppose everything that we do that is good for the church. Last week I got my feelings hurt badly. Well this week the pastor set things straight with them and I feel like the weight of the world has been lifted off my shoulders. I'm really glad these Grinches won't be stealing my Christmas! :grinch:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:17 pm

We had ice over the weekend at the SCA event. Made the landscape look almost like Christmas. :snowkiss: :snowhouse: :peek:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:30 pm

The words and lyrics of the old carol 'O Holy Night' were written by Placide Cappeau de Roquemaure in 1847. Cappeau was a wine seller by trade but was asked by the parish priest to write a poem for Christmas. He obliged and wrote the beautiful words of the hymn. He then realised that it should have music to accompany the words and he approached his friend Adolphe Charles Adams(1803-1856). He agreed and the music for the poem was therefore composed by Adolphe Charles Adams. Adolphe had attended the Paris conservatoire and forged a brilliant career as a composer. It was translated into English by John Sullivan Dwight (1812-1893).
:singing:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:40 am

Mrs.Claus wrote:It's been ages - I've missed you all!!!! The kitchen has taken longer and is almost complete, we're painting today (mostly hubby is) and then the appliances come on the 11th. Just can't wait to eat at home again!!!! And they're coming just in time for our Santa Claus parade "after party".

School has been a bit hectic - teacher-librarian is now a halftime position, so the new librarian does 2 jobs and is a bit overwhelmed, so I'm trying to do as much as possible to help, so I'm working harder now. This week is also our Book Fair week, so I'm there everyday - as it is I'm at school 3 days.

My girls made the school volleyball team and their first game is on the 11th after school, so I'm hoping the appliances come early so hubby can see the game. I'm so proud of them!!!!

Hubby wants to get the Christmas decorations up early this year - finally !!! :lol:

Mrs. C! You've been so missed! It's great to have you 'home' for Thanksgiving & Christmas!

How exciting to have your new kitchen finished before the after party and especially the holidays! Must be a dream come true - or early Christmas present!

Congrats to your girls! Please stop by more often! :flake:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:42 am

Stephanie wrote:We are living in a much smaller space in Louisiana than the one we had in Ohio. So, we went shopping for a smaller Christmas tree this weekend. We didn't want to spend a lot since we're planning on moving to a bigger place soon. We bought a slender tree that is 6 feet tall for only $25. We couldn't wait, so we went ahead and put it up. The tree is so laden with ornaments that you can't even tell how cheap it is! :lol: We love it! I'll take pictures and post them later tonight. :scene:

How fun, Stephanie! We always laden our trees with ornaments so they look fuller too! No matter what you pay for a tree they always have awkward spaces between limbs. Enjoy every moment and I look forward to seeing a picture of your beautiful tree! :holly1:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:43 am

CandyKane wrote:I have had the best day. We have a husband/wife at our church and they oppose everything that we do that is good for the church. Last week I got my feelings hurt badly. Well this week the pastor set things straight with them and I feel like the weight of the world has been lifted off my shoulders. I'm really glad these Grinches won't be stealing my Christmas! :grinch:

Just gotta have the whoville attitude to protect us from grinches, right? Your heart will sing on Christmas! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter