"CHRISTMAS" Thread - 1500

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: "CHRISTMAS" Thread - 1500

Postby CandyKane » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:44 am

Oh, enjoy the beautiful snow while you can! :snowwow: We got rain again overnight with rain again tomorrow. The temps are going to dip tonight so they is a chance that we will have snow flurries for Thanksgiving. :snowjump: I'll consider that a Christmas gift. :treegifts:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:46 am

I'm starting my cooking this morning. Then I'm going down to the basement and bringing up the Christmas tree. :snowtree:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:43 pm

My turkey breast is in the oven, pies are cooling and 2 Christmas presents arrived at the door!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING! :dinner:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:04 am

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! We're heading to my Mom and Dad's today. Waiting to watch the Macy's Parade. It won't really be Christmas for me until I see Santa at the end of the parade. :thanks:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:05 am

Tonight we start decorating the Christmas tree!! Yay! :merrytree: :lights:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby mistletoe misfit » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:15 pm

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all my American friends here at Christmas All Year! :scene:
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby CandyKane » Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:25 pm

We have had a wonderful Thanksgiving spent with dear family and friends. Now the main Christmas tree is up (and if I dare to say so myself) and beautifully decorated. :treegifts:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:25 pm

Today we have gotten rain, freezing rain, sleet, and snow flurries. :snowwow: It definitely feels like Christmas! :D

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:26 pm

I spent the morning helping my Mom out in the kitchen, and watching the Macy's parade. I love the warm Christmas feeling I get from watching it. :scene:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:28 pm

Now we're into the last 30 days before Christmas. This is gonna go by fast. :elfgrin:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby kiwidogy_max » Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:30 am

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!! I just got back from Thanksgiving at my parents house. What a great day with family and friends! I love this time of year. Next weekend we go get the Christmas tree!! I am SO excited!!! Peace and love to everyone!
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:27 am

Happy Thanksgiving USA! We celebrated simply with turkey sausage, sweet potatoe fries and lingonberry jam (close to cranberry in taste). We are off on an SCA event and will return from the middle ages on Sunday, The First week of Advent. Swedes across the land celebrate Advent in a secular way by lighting a candle in a specially designed candle holder each week. There are 4 candles in a row. There is no religious significance to them, they have lost that. The same candle holder appears in churches in a larger size, but there is never any mention of it. It's just there. I must admit I miss the ceremonial lighting of the candles at church, reminding us of the reason for the season.

Happy Christmas to all! :snowkiss: :snowhouse:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Mrs.Claus » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:58 pm

This weekend is our annual Christmas party - this year I divided up the girls - 16 kids was way too much the last time. So Angel Baby 2 is having hers first -this Sunday (as there are 2 children who have their birthdays on the Saturday). It's a snowman theme - just can't wait.

Angel Baby 1 is having her party on Dec 11 and we're doing something a little different as she's getting older. We're hosting a murder mystery (without the murder, but just as mysterious). Everyone is given a person to play and they come in character - it should be so much fun!
~ Mrs. Claus ~

Mrs.Claus
The Mrs.

Postby CandyKane » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:10 pm

Mrs. C, Your girls Christmas parties sound like so much fun! I especially like the mystery party idea. :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:12 pm

Thanks to some great online deals today my Christmas shopping is almost done. :shop: I still like hubbies big gift and I need to finish up the shopping for my Sunday School classes Christmas party. :scene:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:14 pm

Today's mail brought my first Christmas card and 2 great Christmas music cd's. :santadance:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:47 pm

What a day! Whew! :shock:

First work was extra busy due to some employee call ins.........you know, the ones always sick on holidays. :lol:

Came home and we wanted to watch a Christmas flick while I catch up on the family activites and the Directv remote was broken. So I ran off to Walmart to buy a new one - the store was chaos and looked ransacked from front to back. One lady said to me "I can't wait to get out of here. Is this Christmas???" I sad "NO!" Christmas is not things.........not shopping.........or broken remotes. We shared a smile.

So now all is quiet. The wreaths & garlands I finished this morning and are noq on twinkle mode to soothe the soul. Tomorrow the rest of the decorating. My DH and DS decided no tree and little decorations because Gramma is no longer here. Next year.....they say.

So our little family is getting ready to focus on Christmas joys! :snowink: :snowink:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:48 am

Noel-So glad that the true Spirit of Christmas was able to shine through your chaotic day. :rabstar:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:51 am

Yesterday morning you could ice skate on our deck. Today with the sun shining and the birds chirping it's more like Spring. Going out to fill up the bird feeders and tie some red ribbons on them. Even the birds deserve a little Christmas cheer. :feedbird: :merrysanta:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:53 am

I took an online poll of which Christmas character are you and it said I was the Grinch. :grinch: Now I know that ain't right! :laugh: :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter