"CHRISTMAS" Thread - 1500

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: "CHRISTMAS" Thread - 1500

Postby ksrjreed » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:26 am

Well, this has been an interesting holiday weekend, my car spent the whole week in the garage, there went $635, but oh well, it runs again and nothing can bring down my Christmas spirit, going to watch my oldest boy in his first basketball game this season then off to my mother-in-laws to help get her Christmas tree up and house decorated. Hope everyone has a great weekend. :smilecc:

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby Mrs.Claus » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:44 am

CandyKane - I can't see you as the Grinch - what kind of Christmas poll is that? LOL :lol:
~ Mrs. Claus ~

Mrs.Claus
The Mrs.

Postby CandyKane » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:17 pm

A really bad one! :lol: Actually it was a facebook Christmas quiz so you know it was really scientific. :laugh:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:27 am

CandyKane wrote:A really bad one! :lol: Actually it was a facebook Christmas quiz so you know it was really scientific. :laugh:

You are many things, CK, but NEVER a grinch! You are a spirit of Christmas! :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:28 am

Today I was supposed to finish decorating our tabletops.......instead I slept in til 10am! :oops: Still, in the post was a surprise a package from an unknown Christmas elf! It is a 3-dvd pack of the Bing Crosby Christmas shows!!! I am so excited! We're saving it til the right moment to watch -- when we're all rested and ready to share some family time together. And we're all hoping Santa gives that Elf an extra good Christmas! :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Mrs.Claus » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:09 am

CandyKane - I think one of my FB friends took the quiz and she got Mrs. Clause (spelled with the "e")l :lol:

Today is Angel Baby 2's Christmas Party. All that needs to be done in the next 3 and a half hours - is get the chairs from the garage, clear the coffee table, vacuum, put up the extra table, move the 32" TV in the foyer (it's been there for a week because we don't know where to put it, but hubby couldn't pass it up as it was free), sweep, clean downstairs bathroom, prepare food, and then PARTY!!!!

Ugh - I better get off the computer. :cry:
~ Mrs. Claus ~

Mrs.Claus
The Mrs.

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:16 pm

CandyKane wrote:I took an online poll of which Christmas character are you and it said I was the Grinch. :grinch: Now I know that ain't right! :laugh: :smilecc:

Can you post the link? Sounds like fun.

We are back from the middle ages. No Christmas decorations for us due to the time warp, but Today Swedes across the land are lighting the first candle of the advent 'rectangle'. Can't say 'wreath' because most holders are not circular. We will have a top to bottom cleaning next Saturday, change the curtains and put out the decorations. Hubby is not too enthused about the promised 6 am wake up call. It's up to me to be 'strong' and make it work!

:snowwow:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby mistletoe misfit » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:28 pm

LOL Mrs. Claus good luck with all your tasks! I hope you and your girls have a great time at your party. :smilecc:

Well I went grocery shopping this morning, one of my least favourite things to do. :roll:
But it turned out good. I unexpectedly found an awesome deal on a gift I was desperately looking for my DBIL. I am so thrilled! :shop:
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby Noel+ » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:42 pm

Enjoy the Christmas party Mrs. C!

I'm still in the process of table-top vinettes...........Christmas desktop themes changing daily on my computer........and getting out the Christmas cds. :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:10 am

Cyber Monday! Think I'll check out some of the Christmas bargains! :shop:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:13 am

I've got my beautiful Christmas tree up but not one thing underneath it. I deperately need to start wrapping! :santagifts:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:14 am

We found the Christmas tree and all the decorations at church yesterday. Also got out all the costumes to start working on the Christmas program for the kids. :nav1:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:10 pm

Rain, rain, rain.......I turned on my Christmas lights to help cut through the gloom. :scene:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:11 pm

Didn't get any Christmas cards or catalogs in the mail today. :| Maybe tomorrow.. :D

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:12 pm

I just set my dvr to record a bunch of new Christmas shows. Yay! :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:47 pm

"The Spirit of Christmas is the spirit of love. It's something that you cannot buy. It's something from above." Natalie Grant :holly1:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:49 pm

Just finished my Christmas decorating!!!! The front of the house is different.........no tree.......but lovely with candles, ceramics, candle rings, and wreaths & garlands. We love it.........although I still miss the tree.

Two Christmas cards came today!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:27 am

Tomorrow starts Sweden's annual 'julkalendar'. It's a tv serial of 24 episodes leading up to Christmas. Last year's theme was 'Superheroes', this year, the theme is something about a family that runs a hotel. Hubby was an extra in the filming. I'll post the link tomorrow and we can see if it is viewable in other countries. :-)

BTW-if Cornelis (a film about Swedish folk singer Cornelis Vreesvik) is being shown in other countries, hubby was an 'extra' in that too! So far, nothing on YouTube.

It's beginning to look a lot like christmas.......... :snowkiss: :snowhouse: :merrytree:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:27 pm

Its cold, crisp and even here -- and thats a miracle -- in the southwestern desert! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!

I have my battery-operated wreaths, garlands and candles all glowing in lieu of a fireplace. We sing Christmas carols day and night.

It is definitely beginning to look a lot like Christmas!!!! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby kiwidogy_max » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:22 am

It is hard to believe that November comes to an end today! It has been raining quite a bit today, with much more on the way tomorrow. I hope Saturday is dry when we pick up our Christmas tree. The fun continues on Sunday when I go with my brother to pick up the Christmas tree for my parents. I love tree hunting! I set up my Christmsas village on my fireplace last night. I could turn off all the living room lights and just sit and watch for hours. We definitely have to schedule our Christmas shows/movie night soon!!! :scene:
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter