"CHRISTMAS" Thread - 1500

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: "CHRISTMAS" Thread - 1500

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:15 am

The computer won't let me post the link to the Julkalendar that is on tv starting today. Hubby's tv career was dashed. He didn't make the shot. Oh well, many a budding career has ended on the cutting room floor. LOL

I read online yesterday that the swedish weather service is saying this will be the coldest winter in 100 years. That's what they said LAST YEAR. It really is Christmas all year round in Sweden.

Do we have a way of posting pics? I'd love to see some of your decorating ideas.

Merry Christmas! :snowkiss: :snowhouse: :penny:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:48 am

December 1st. Yay!! It's Christmas time for sure!! :carolbells:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:50 am

We went to a Christmas parade last night and had the best time. It was awesome!! I think dd brought home about as much candy as she did on Halloween! :rockettes: :hohat:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:07 pm

The house got a few finishing touches from the dollar store today - inside and out - and it is simple, much plainer than usual [mostly lighted items/candles] but it is beautiful! Christmas seems so near .........now! :smilecc:

Last night the children watched Rudolph.........I sang the songs right along with them..........and smiled. Memories of the heart. I am missing Mom........but sheis in my heartful of memories.

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:31 am

Noel+ wrote:[color=#8000BF]The house got a few finishing touches from the dollar store today - inside and out - and it is simple, much plainer than usual [mostly lighted items/candles] but it is beautiful! Christmas seems so near .........now! :smilecc:
color]

Sometimes it is good to take a 'year off' from the holiday frenzy. I did very little the year after my divorce, but came back full force a few years later. Simple is good and reminds us of the real menaing of the season.

Today is my first day wearing Swedish longjohns. I can't say they are much warmer than my American ones I ordered for New Jersey before I left. I guess the next phases is putting the think American ones under the Swedish 'woolies'.? I'm from Texas, we don't have long johns. :lol:

Christmas is almost here!

:snowkiss: :snowhouse: :snowjump:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:32 am

Did anyone see November Christmas on Hallmark? how was it? I'm hoping it shows up online somewhere. No luck so far.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:48 pm

jwlundgren wrote:Did anyone see November Christmas on Hallmark? how was it? I'm hoping it shows up online somewhere. No luck so far.

Yes, I saw the film with our family. It is very touching.......and has a special meaning! I hope it is available for you to see! :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:26 pm

I bought my last Christmas present today. Now any gifts that I buy will just be extras. Yay!! :shop: :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:27 pm

I still need to pick up a few more Christmas stocking stuffers.....mostly candy cause I have several small gifts. :elfgrin:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Mrs.Claus » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:31 am

jwlundgren wrote:Do we have a way of posting pics? I'd love to see some of your decorating ideas.

There is a way to post your Christmas pics :D Here's the link that explains how to do it - viewtopic.php?f=3&t=163 Hope this helps. Feel free to ask any questions you might have.
~ Mrs. Claus ~

Mrs.Claus
The Mrs.

Postby Mrs.Claus » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:33 am

CandyKane you are an inspiration!!! We've just bought a couple of Christmas presents for my neice (we drew her name again this year - yay!) and that's all. :shop:
~ Mrs. Claus ~

Mrs.Claus
The Mrs.

Postby Noel+ » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:56 pm

CK I bought my last Christmas present at lunch today! Isnt it wonderful? :D

Of course I also received a bill today for earlier Christmas shopping, and poor DH is on the floor. :lol:

And today i was able to give more to our Christmas family fund at work and that is a huge JOY! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:57 pm

Our home is the sole one on the block now without Christmas lights glowing all night! We tapered down to reduce electricity bills........but we still softly glow.

I adore Christmas lights!!!!!!! :gbhouse: :gbhouse: :gbhouse:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:43 am

Noel-I'm sure your Christmas lights are beautiful. Sometimes less is more and it's nice to take a break from your own decorating in able to fully appreciate others. :lights: :treegifts:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:45 am

So hard to believe in just 3 short weeks it will be Christmas Day!! :merrytree: :merrygift:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:48 am

Yesterday I picked out an angel from the Christmas Angel Tree for our Sunday School class. We got a baby boy who needs shoes, socks, and clothes and who wants light-up toys. It will be a wonderful pleasure to make sure this little guy gets what he needs for Christmas. :angel:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:20 am

We got up at 6:15. Made breakfast, cleaned up breakfast and by 8 a.m. we were cleaning. Bathroom done, bedroom done with nice new Christmas/Valentine duvet covers, kitchen done with nice new curtains/table runner, and living room done with nice new curtains and space created for a christmas tree which we will buy next weekend. I will post pics when we get the electric candle holders and Advent candles out tomorrow. It's definitely starting to look alot like Christmas! :snowkiss: :lights: :snowhouse:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:29 pm

Christmas is rather bittersweet for me this year. While I'm enjoying the season, I know that some really good friends of ours are going through the most difficult time of their lives. Their loved one has been diagnosed with brain cancer. This has been a very sudden thing, only presenting itself in the last couple of months. It's very aggressive and there's nothing else to be done. The chance that she will even survive until Christmas is very, very slim. Christmas comes whether we are happy, sad, rich, or poor. That's the true wonder of it. It is unchanged and the true Spirit shines on despite whatever trials are going on in our lives. :rabstar:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:27 pm

[quote="CandyKane] Christmas comes whether we are happy, sad, rich, or poor. That's the true wonder of it. It is unchanged and the true Spirit shines on despite whatever trials are going on in our lives. :rabstar:[/quote]

Yes, that is true. But it is also true that the One who was born at Christmas gave himself for us at Easter. Thinking of you as you struggle to know how to support your friends. :snowkiss: :nav1: :angelsnow:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:15 pm

CandyKane wrote:Christmas is rather bittersweet for me this year. While I'm enjoying the season, I know that some really good friends of ours are going through the most difficult time of their lives. Their loved one has been diagnosed with brain cancer. This has been a very sudden thing, only presenting itself in the last couple of months. It's very aggressive and there's nothing else to be done. The chance that she will even survive until Christmas is very, very slim. Christmas comes whether we are happy, sad, rich, or poor. That's the true wonder of it. It is unchanged and the true Spirit shines on despite whatever trials are going on in our lives. :rabstar:

Lighting a candle for your precious friend, CK, and their family. The hope of Christmas can be a comfort even during the most painful circumstances. Ipray that hope fills all your hearts despite the bittersweet tears of suffering. May the God of all Comfort strengthen & heal your breaking hearts as we celebrate the birth of His Son. :nav2:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter