"CHRISTMAS" Thread - 1500

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: "CHRISTMAS" Thread - 1500

Postby Noel+ » Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:17 pm

Just finishing watching a short dvd of scanned family. My sister took them, without asking, while caring for my Mom just before she passed in February. I am so grateful my brother scanned them and made a copy for us.........there are some old black-and-white Christmas snapshots that are just precious. It brought back bittersweet memories of a childhood Christmas long past.

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby kiwidogy_max » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:20 pm

That is very touching! Now you have an amazing new tradition to add to your holidays from now on. God bless you and your family.
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:34 am

Thank Kiwi.........and your blessings wish is received with a grateful heart and will make this Christmas even more special! :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby kiwidogy_max » Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:50 am

You are very welcome Noel. I miss my grandparents the most this time of year. I speak to them every night in my prayers though. So many cherished memories that will always be with me. :scene:
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:26 am

Every time I hear the orchestral version of Sleigh Ride I almost melt. I LOVE that song! I become overwhelmed with joy! :rudolph1: Anyone have a sleigh handy?
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby CandyKane » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:37 am

Noel--Your thoughtful brother has given you the greatest Christmas present....cherished memories! :merrysleigh:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:39 am

Busy, busy day ahead. At children's church today we are going to finish decorating the Christmas tree. :treewiggle: :treeswave:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:41 am

After church my Sunday school kids and parents are meeting for lunch then going to pick out clothes and toys for our Christmas angel. :angel: joyelf

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:43 am

This is definitely Christmas weather. It is COLD!! Hoping for a White Christmas!! :snowball: :jump: :pile:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:44 pm

CandyKane wrote:Noel--Your thoughtful brother has given you the greatest Christmas present....cherished memories! :merrysleigh:

Yes he has CK and I'm very grateful..........and excited! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby kiwidogy_max » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:39 am

What an amazing day! I went with my brother and his girlfriend to pick up
my parent's Christmas tree. We ate a spaghetti dinner together before we all decorated my parent's house from top to bottom as the snow was falling heavily outside. Then I came home and strung the lights on my own tree and lit up the angel. Ornaments will go on tomorrow!! Now I am sitting here in the dark, the living room lit only by the light of the tree and the Christmas village with my cat... Carols playing. I can't think of a more perfect way to end the weekend. Peace and love to everyone!! :singing:
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby CandyKane » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:16 am

Sounds like you had a perfect Christmas day Kiwi. So glad that you could spend that time with your family. :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:19 am

I'm a little late with my Christmas cards this year but I got the last of the ones I mail out this morning. Now I just have a few left to hand out. :snowhappy2:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:23 am

We went and bought the gifts for our 'Christmas Angel' yesterday. 2 outfits, shoes, socks, and a neat toy. So glad that the kids were able to do this. Just wish we could do more. :nav2:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:24 am

Wishing all my Christmas friends a Happy Monday! :ornwave: :merrygift:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby kiwidogy_max » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:31 am

Thank you Candy Cane. I am very lucky to have the family and friends that I do. I think i will start off my day today with a big cup of hot cocoa.

Your giving spirit is a great thing to share with your children. I love volunteering at the Humane Society in my town. Our local grocery store makes it very easy to give this season as well with their prepackaged family dinners for those less fotunate. I always like buying a few of those. Let's all be the best Santa we can be!!! :santa:
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Mrs.Claus » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:45 pm

Loved all the snow we had last night - lots of Christmassy feelings! Still not enough snow for a snow day from school - I'm hoping that soon the kids will get one - we haven't had one the whole time they've been in school. I had fond memories of them when I was younger. Some years we would even have a whole week off. :snowday: Here's wishing!
~ Mrs. Claus ~

Mrs.Claus
The Mrs.

Postby kiwidogy_max » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:53 pm

As an educator, I love them just as much as the kids do. :-). We had quite a bit of now here in Northern VT today. It snowed all day. It is supposed to continue tonight. Fingers crossed! Very Christmassy feelings flowing now!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:46 pm

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I could roll my passion for Christmas into an occupation? I love the Christmas season and really do think about it all year. I would love everyone's thoughts and suggestions. :scene: :gbhouse:
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:29 am

Such a busy day at work that it feels like a week went by! These 16 hr shifts drain the Christmas feeling little by little. So tonight we made a favorite Christmas snack and looked at old Christmas pics of extended family. Now it feels like Christmas has enlarged my heart! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter