"CHRISTMAS" Thread - 1500

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: "CHRISTMAS" Thread - 1500

Postby kiwidogy_max » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:38 pm

Wow, that is a tremendous amount of cookies! My hat is off to you! I like to bake, but 39 dozen may be too much for me. I may do some cookie baking tonight. :dinner:
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby CandyKane » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:54 am

Christmas Time's A-Comin'
And I know I'm goin' home.

Snow flake's a-fallin'
My old heart's a-callin'
Tall pine's a-hummin'
Christmas Time's A-Comin'.

Can't you hear them bells ringin', ringin'
Joy, don'tcha hear them singin'
When it's snowin', I'll be goin'
Back to my country home.

White candle's burnin'
My old heart's a-yearnin'
For the folks at home when

Back to my country home.

Holly's in the window
Home where the wind blows
The cane foam's a-runnin'

Back to my country home.

:sing:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:05 pm

I still haven't received my disc from my Christmas portrait session. So I called them today. There was a big mix-up and it didn't get ordered until 2 days ago. Arghhh! Hopefully it's straightened out now. :santa: :elf:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:06 pm

I've been working in dd's room packing away some of the things that she doesn't play with to make room for all the new Christmas toys Santa is going to bring her. :elfgrin:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:39 pm

Tomorrow I'm going to take in my Chirstmas Angel gift. I'm going to check and see if any angels are left. Hopefully they've all been picked up but If not my Sunday School class is going to get another one. :D

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:41 pm

I saw a great story on the news tonight about how donations have been pouring in to some area food banks. This economy has been rough on everyone. It's nice to see people being so generous. They are true Christmas angels. :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby kiwidogy_max » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:24 pm

Tomorrow is pay day and I am going to go to Hannafords to buy some holiday dinner packages to donate and get some Toys for Tots things for kids. :shop:
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:26 am

CandyKane wrote:I saw a great story on the news tonight about how donations have been pouring in to some area food banks. This economy has been rough on everyone. It's nice to see people being so generous. They are true Christmas angels. :smilecc:

Yes, our area food bank has empty shelves and a collection is underway at a local grocery store. People are hurting...........and Christmas is the perfect time for generosity! :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:27 am

Tomorrow the Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader opens in theaters! I wish I wasn't scheduled for a long shift........but we'll see it Sunday after church. Perfect timing......the book is fabulous and I'm so excited to see the movie! :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:01 pm

Only 2 weeks left until Christmas! The days are flying by at reindeer speed! :reindeer2:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:03 pm

I went shopping today and bought my baking supplies. Gonna make Christmas cookies and candies this weekend. :ornasmile:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:04 pm

I also bought a few more Christmas stocking stuffers. :santachim:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:05 pm

This afternoon I went to my parents farm. We all went out scouting for their Christmas tree. We also collected evergreens for wreaths and arrangements. I brought some home and my house smells so good. :snowtree:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:07 pm

I told my hubby I was buying one of my own Christmas gifts this year....a new smartphone. I think I've settled on the Droid Incredible. :treeclap:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:09 pm

Next week will be super busy for us. We have something planned for every day. Since it's all Christmas related I'm not complaining one bit. :snowdeer:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:44 pm

Narnia opens tonight and I hope to see the film Sunday with the family. What a great Christmas present that will be for us!

:scene:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:45 pm

My Christmas cards are in the mail............oooh, but DH reminded me I missed a page. Ah, well, that's what Saturdays are for I guess. I look forward to family/friends smiling when they receive their cards.....so few people send them anymore. SAD

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:46 pm

Well, after the Santa gift exchange drawing 3 people were not chosen due to call ins. SO..........I took them. One is a guy who only loves football so I'm shopping this weekend for a special Cardinals gift! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:47 pm

The first printed reference to Christmas trees appeared in Germany in 1531 :D

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:50 pm

A Christmas club, a savings account in which a person deposits a fixed amount of money regularly to be used at Christmas for shopping, came about around 1905. :shop:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter