"CHRISTMAS" Thread - 1500

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: "CHRISTMAS" Thread - 1500

Postby Noel+ » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:25 am

I spent today in bed recovering from straining my back and watched Miracle on 34th Street, Holiday Inn, and Prep and Landing short. It was restful, peaceful, and healing. :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:26 am

All I have left to do is wrap up some gifts and prepare food on Christmas Day. I am now free to just relax and enjoy!

Tomorrow is my Mother's birthday........so I'll be remembering her and her love for Christmas.

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:27 am

At Michael's I found some Christmas 2x2 photo frames on sale this week and Kodak shipped my prints today. I hope they arrive by Christmas Eve so I can put the pictures in the frames! I've wanted this type of enameled Christmas frame for years and got them 75% off!

At Kohl's they have large size Christmas frames, but they're not on sale yet. Maybe next year............ :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:28 am

Hmmm..........baking Christmas cutout cookies is a losing proposition in my home. :lol:

I made dozens on last Wednesday and they're only 6 left! I think I'll be baking again this week.......and often! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:05 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:How many cats get presents? I know two that are. :shop:

Zelma ze zvedich kat is getting a nice new turquoise color with a bell on it. My first Christmas in Sweden, Anders was VERY sick with a stomach flu (the swedish word for it is too literal to be polite in English). I told her to guard him and ring her bell when she needed a litter box break. She did! What a smart cat.

We had heavy snow today. Glad we did the shopping yesterday. I dread going to work tomorrow. Christmas in Sweden starts from Dec. 23 to the 26. :shop:

:snowkiss:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:45 pm

A beautiful morning at church starts the week of Christmas with comfort and joy! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby kiwidogy_max » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:05 am

Noel- I hope your back is feeling better! A relaxing day of watching movies sounds nice. I just finished making special baked beans for a pot luck lunch party at work tomorrow! :dinner:
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:11 am

jwLundgren- I hope your cat feels better. Sounds like the kitty will have a nice Christmas. :snowwow:
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:14 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:jwLundgren- I hope your cat feels better. Sounds like the kitty will have a nice Christmas. :snowwow:

The cat is fine, it's the husband that was sick Dec 24-26, 2008. The cat was left to guard him from getting out of bed and rang her bell when she needed a litter box break. I've had cats with bells before, but she's the only one I know who has ever used it as an attention getting device on purpose, like a master calling for the servants. And of course, we 'jump' when she does. LOL who trains who??

Snow is beautiful when looked at from a window, but quite a different matter when it must be trudged through to the bus stop. Not looking at weather report, so I don't know if we will get more for Christmas or not. The good news is we skipped the ice/melt stage, so there is no ice hidden under the snow so far.

God Jul! 5 days till Christmas!

:snowkiss:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:47 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:Noel- I hope your back is feeling better! A relaxing day of watching movies sounds nice. I just finished making special baked beans for a pot luck lunch party at work tomorrow! :dinner:

Thanks so much - I feel much better now! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby mistletoe misfit » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:30 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:How many cats get presents? I know two that are. :shop:

LOL Here as well!
This Christmas there will be 14 stockings hung by the chimney with care. 7 are for people and 7 for our furry family members(2 cats,2 bunnies,our 2 dogs and my sisters dog)
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby CandyKane » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:34 am

The last week before Christmas!! Woohoo!! Gonna enjoy every minute of it. :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:37 am

We had a great time at the church Christmas program last night. I am so proud of my Sunday School kids. They were awesome! :angelmerry:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:39 am

They took our chance of Christmas snow out of the forecast. :| But I still hold out hope. There is always a Christmas miracle......or next year. :rabstar:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:56 am

Q: Why do people eat mincemeat pie on Christmas?
A: Eating mincemeat pie on Christmas dates back to the 16th century. Traditionally, it was thought that eating a small pie on each of the 12 days of Christmas would bring good luck in the New Year.

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:00 pm

My grandma used to make mincemeat pie for us every Christmas. I can't say I'm overly fond of it, but I sure wish my grandma was still here to make it for us. :angel:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:04 pm

I took another facebook poll on which "A Christmas Story" character are you and I got Mrs Parker. After the last poll told me I was like the Grinch, I'm really surpurised I didn't get Scut Farkland. :laugh:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:06 pm

My whole family loves "A Christmas Story". It's the only movie my 3 year old can sit and watch and never move til it's over. :elfgrin:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:46 pm

CandyKane wrote:My grandma used to make mincemeat pie for us every Christmas. I can't say I'm overly fond of it, but I sure wish my grandma was still here to make it for us. :angel:

Mincemeat is my favorite! Here in Sweden, we don't have the kind that comes in a jar so I have to make it from scratch. I have done it both ways, the 'modern variety' with apples, raisins, etc and the 'medieval' minceMEAT version for SCA Midwinter.

:dinner: :gbhouse: :snowwow:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:58 pm

My Mom called to tell me that Christmas carolers had stopped by my parents house last night. I would have loved to have been there. :singing:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter