"CHRISTMAS" Thread - 1500

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: "CHRISTMAS" Thread - 1500

Postby CandyKane » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:18 am

The first day of Winter and the temps will be in the 50's for us. It doesn't feel like Christmas here. :| But I know that every Christmas can't be a White one. It just makes it more special when they are. :snowhouse:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:24 am

•“Bah Christmas”. Perhaps not the best line created by Dickens, mainly because “Bah Humbug” just has that extra something special about it. Most people would probably agree that Dickens' decision to work on the famous catchphrase was a good move indeed.

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:53 pm

II never get tired of watching A Christmas Story. :santa:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Mrs.Claus » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:07 pm

Just under 100 more Christmas posts and we'll have met our 1500 goal! :D

So much to do before Friday - hubby and I will be going out on Wednesday and Thursday to finish up buying the gifts for the girls. The biggest problem we have right now is finding a gift for our sister-in-law. She is a tough one to buy for, might just have to settle for gift cards. We'll have to see if our niece can help first though.

Merry Christmas!!! :snowwow:
~ Mrs. Claus ~

Mrs.Claus
The Mrs.

Postby Noel+ » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:40 pm

Last night the family watched AMC: Miracle on 34th Street and Holiday Inn........again! We ate popcorn, drank peppermint cocoa, and just relaxed! I love creating new twists to old traditions at Christmas! :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:41 pm

After dinner last night, I wrapped up all the remaining Christmas gifts. Since we didn't put the tree up this year, I stacked them under the decorated harvest table by name. Then I ate a Christmas cookie! :scene:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:42 pm

Still no Christmas temperatures or rain here, but from the looks of the Los Angeles, California area it might be coming! I hope by reindeer speed for Christmas Eve & Christmas Day! :blinky1:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:44 pm

Just making my 'thaw' list - lol! You know, the items for Christmas Eve & Christmas Day meals! Turkey, spiral ham, veggies.........etc. I never have enough ceramic dishes because I let people take home goodies in them. Next year that will be on my list! Gotta go check that list twice! :wink:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby kiwidogy_max » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:12 pm

CandyKane- any chance we could see pictures of your mother's village?
Sorry to hear about your relatives with the flu. Christmas in January could be fun!! :santa:
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:17 pm

Just had dinner with my mother and father at the new diner in town. Great place! The thought of spiral ham mentioned above sounds delicious!! I believe we are having steak for Christmas dinner.
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:23 pm

Today at my work pot luck lunch and Yankee gift swap I received an elf hat, a homemade Christmas candle, 3 ceramic bowls that say "joy to the world," and a Thomas Kinkade clock that plays carols every hour!! Love it all. :smilecc:
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:27 am

Noel+ wrote:After dinner last night, I wrapped up all the remaining Christmas gifts. Since we didn't put the tree up this year, I stacked them under the decorated harvest table by name. Then I ate a Christmas cookie! :scene:

I did not have a Christmas tree for the 14 years of my first marriage. We put the gifts under the coffee table with the advent wreath on top. My first husband said christmas trees were from the druids and evil. most likely true, but I wonder what he would say if he knew the advent wreath was also akin to the wiccan 'wheel of life' when a wagon wheel was brought in and afixed with candles all around......hee hee.

Don't get me wrong, I use both and happily consecrate them to the real joy of the season, but I think it's funny now to accept one but not the other.

Happy Solstice, God Jul, and Merry Christmas to Everyone!
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:39 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:Today at my work pot luck lunch and Yankee gift swap I received an elf hat, a homemade Christmas candle, 3 ceramic bowls that say "joy to the world," and a Thomas Kinkade clock that plays carols every hour!! Love it all. :smilecc:

:smilecc: What fabulous gifts for a work Christmas gift exchange! The Thomas Kinkade clock is especially nice. Congrats!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:40 am

It's raining, 63F now at 12:40AM, and it feels like Christmas! Im like a little kid......too excited to sleep........rain in the dark is still beautiful! YAY! :D :P

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:42 am

Anyone else need to pick up some odds and ends at the grocery store before Christmas? I went 3x last week..........still forgot heavy cream, ice, and diet cola! Oh, well.........the city is pretty at night with Christmas lights aglow! :gbhouse:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:42 am

Noel+ wrote:
kiwidogy_max wrote:Today at my work pot luck lunch and Yankee gift swap I received an elf hat, a homemade Christmas candle, 3 ceramic bowls that say "joy to the world," and a Thomas Kinkade clock that plays carols every hour!! Love it all. :smilecc:

What is a 'Yankee gift swap'? Is it like a White Elephant Exhange?
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:52 am

Noel+ wrote:Anyone else need to pick up some odds and ends at the grocery store before Christmas? I went 3x last week..........still forgot heavy cream, ice, and diet cola! Oh, well.........the city is pretty at night with Christmas lights aglow! :gbhouse:

We have to go tomorrow morning for the last minute stuff. Here the stores are closed from noon on Dec. 23-26. having worked retail for 7 years, I can see it's nice for the employees to actually have a christmas, but you really have to plan ahead.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:49 pm

I thought my Christmas grocery shopping was finished but Mom called and needed me to stop by for bread and more eggnog. It was crowded and (with fingers crossed) hopefully I won't have to go back. :elfgrin:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:50 pm

Got 2 more beautiful Christmas cards in the mail today! Yay!!

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:52 pm

I can't believe it's almost here. Christmas Eve we are going to my families. Christmas Eve night will be spent here anxiously awaiting Santa. :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter