"CHRISTMAS" Thread - 1500

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: "CHRISTMAS" Thread - 1500

Postby kiwidogy_max » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:45 am

I am not sure what a white elephant exchange is. :-)
Basically, a Yankee Gift swap is a gift exchange where everyone brings in a gift and draws a card. When your card is drawn, you go to the tree and choose a gift and open it. Then next person to draw a gift has a choice: take someone else's gift or draw a new one from the tree. Does this make sense?
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:32 am

Tomorrow night is our 1st Christmas Eve service. We also have 2 on Christmas Eve to accommodate all the people.

Time to bake pies and cookies!

Christmas is coming..........quickly! :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:37 am

My neighbor across the street put a 5 ft high santa with sleigh on his rooftop and the lights are so bright they illuminate our home inside! Now that's Christmas spirit! :lol:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:06 am

Did the last christmas food shopping last night. Missed a call and an email on a job I applied and interviewed for. Oh, the agony.....now I will have to wait until jan. 3.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:26 am

jwlundgren wrote:Did the last christmas food shopping last night. Missed a call and an email on a job I applied and interviewed for. Oh, the agony.....now I will have to wait until jan. 3.

Christmas is atleast a perfect waiting time with so much to celerbate! It should pass quickly for you. Best wishes - hope you get the job!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:27 am

I'm at that place before Christmas, where I hope to take a deep breath, have some quiet alone time to ponder Jesus' birth. We have services tonight and tomorrow night, and I have that all of a sudden 'its Christmas Eve/Day!" emotions.

Meanwhile, the Christmas tunes are playing and I'm singing even while half awake this morning!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:09 am

Unfortunately, I did not have to wait too long. The message was they are not hiring at this time. I guess it is better to find out today rather than hope over the holidays only to be disappointed. Hubby has gone to pick up a last minute package and then it is 'prep' day. Today is called 'little christmas eve' or 'the day before the dip in the pot' in sweden. We will unearth the kitchen table, make it presentable for the julbord, polish the silver, decorate the tree, and hopefully finish up with some glögg to go with the meatball tortellini stew and italian salad for dinner. No swedish food tonight! Swedes eat the same food every day between Christmas and new year's. Ham, meatballs, sausage, beet salad, etc. We will add deviled eggs and carrot salad from my family tradition and have a no fuss turkey dinner on Christmas day (small turkey roast, baked sweet potatoes, and brussel sprouts) to add to the swedish fare.

On December 26 and 27 we will go on a cruise! Woohoo! We had JUST ordered the cruise before I got the call about the job.

http://www.anedinlinjen.se

God jul! :snowkiss: :snowhouse: :treeswave:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby kiwidogy_max » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:44 am

I love hearing about the Swedish traditions! Thank you for sharing! :D
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:46 am

It snowed several inches yesterday and last night!! My car is buried! I don't mind though...just excited for a white Christmas. :snowwow:
I have to clean it off though to decorate it with my antlers and Rudolph nose. :rudolph1:
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:48 am

I am eagerly awaiting my brother coming in from Connecticut today for the Christmas weekend. I am looking forward to spending Christmas with him and my family. :scene:
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:52 am

99.99% of my Christmas shopping is done. I just need to get one mor small thing and a Busch de Noel for tomorrow at the bakery. Hopefully, on my way around town, I can find one of those gingerbread donuts from Dunkin Donuts. :dinner:

On a not-so-fun-note, I have to proofread and finish up a paper for a class I was taking. :think:
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby CandyKane » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:47 pm

It's hard to believe that tomorrow is Christmas Eve. Time really flies when you're having fun! :santasleigh:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:49 pm

Noel--I have always wanted to attend Christmas Eve services at church. But unfortunately our churches here are small and rural so they always cancel services If Christmas Eve or Day is near a Sunday. :holly1:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:51 pm

We're having a little Christmas get-together here at our house tonight. Pizza, games, gifts, and a chance for the kids to have fun. :carolbells:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:52 pm

Woohoo! Rain, sleet, and snow flurries are back in the forecast for late tomorrow evening and for Christmas Day. Hope it's more snow flurries than anything else. :snowdance:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:57 pm

Dd is so ready to track Santa. She got the remote control from one of her rc cars and told me she was going to use it to stop any planes that got in his way. :laugh: She loves Christmas too! :angelmerry:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:59 pm

Tomorrow we start baking Christmas cookies to leave out for Santa. Dd is convinced his favorite cookie is peanut butter. Last year she left him peanut butter cups and pepsi. :santadance: :santachim:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby kiwidogy_max » Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:25 pm

Right now I am watching Garfield! And my brother just arrived from CT??
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby CandyKane » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:29 pm

I had a fun time with the kids at their little Christmas party tonight. Just wish I had half the energy those kids have. :elfgrin:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:31 pm

I just went out and turned off all my Christmas lights. It is so cold. It definitely feels like Christmas now. :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter