"CHRISTMAS" Thread - 1500

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: "CHRISTMAS" Thread - 1500

Postby CandyKane » Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:12 pm

•Thomas Edison’s assistant, Edward Johnson, came up with the idea of electric lights for Christmas trees in 1882.

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:13 pm

•In 1963, the National Christmas Tree was not lighted until December 22nd because of a national 30-day period of mourning following the assassination of President Kennedy.

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:14 pm

•An acre of Christmas trees provides for the daily oxygen requirements of 18 people.

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:15 pm

•2-3 seedlings are planted for every harvested Christmas tree. In 2004 sixty million Christmas tree seedlings were planted by Christmas tree farmers.

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:16 pm

•President Coolidge started the National Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony on the White House lawn in 1923.

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:18 pm

•93% of real Christmas tree consumers recycle their tree in community recycling programs, their garden or backyard.

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:19 pm

We are getting ready to head to my parents house for Christmas. I'm so excited! :scene:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:20 pm

We are so close to our goal of 1500 posts by Christmas. I have really enjoyed reading about everyones plans this year. :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:22 pm

Thank you Mrs. Claus for giving us a wonderful Christmas home to visit all year! This is a great site and I appreciate it (and you) so much! :snowgirl:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:24 pm

I have really enjoyed sharing this year with all my old Christmas friends and am especially thankful for the new ones I have made. Look forward to next year with all of you. :snowink: :merrysanta:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:26 pm

Above all else I will always remember that Christmas is the celebration of Jesus birthday. It is a time of hope and love. :nav1:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:28 pm

I have posted so much this year, I'm going to leave the last few posts for my wonderful Christmas friends. Hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday. Much love to everyone! :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:28 pm

djfa;lsufgoermv jfgaopijfgo jer
q[3fk lj

My dd says Merry Christmas!! :scene:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:32 pm

CandyKane wrote:I have really enjoyed sharing this year with all my old Christmas friends and am especially thankful for the new ones I have made. Look forward to next year with all of you. :snowink: :merrysanta:

That's just 1 reason CAY is a great forum! :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:33 pm

Its so quiet in the house right now, you could easily here Christmas carolers! I miss that tradition, but here in the southwest it seldom occurs.

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:33 pm

When everyone is asleep tonight I have 2 Christmas photo frames to put under the tree as a new Santa surprise! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:34 pm

What Christmas movie is on your tv? Mine has AMC: White Christmas, then Miracle on 34th Street! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby mistletoe misfit » Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:09 pm

Thank You CandyKane for all your Christmas trivia this year! Thanks to Noel for her wonderful Christmas spirit! Thank You to all of the wonderful friends I have met here at Christmas All Year! You are all so kind, compassionate and constantly remind me what Christmas is truly about! Thank You Mrs. Claus for this wonderful Christmas All Year site. No one here thinks Iam a freak for loving Christmas all year.lol May everyone have a Christmas full of love and laughter and many happy memories!
Merry Christmas!

Ange
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:51 am

I want to thank everyone for making this site an extraordinary place to spread the love and generosity that Christmas embodies. I have loved hearing about how everyone spends the holidays. Here is to a year of learning more about each other and creating new memories! :singing: Peace and Love to everyone this Christmas day, and every day!!
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:54 am

With this post, we have met our yearly goal of 1500 by Christmas Day! I enjoyed church and dinner with my father's side of the family, embracing my French-Canadian heritage. I love my family and our time together, especially at Christmas. Church, family, meat pies, and eggnog... I love it!! :holly1:
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter