Hello

Stop in and introduce yourself.

Hello

Postby msstock87 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:28 am

Hello everyone,
My name is Colleen and I love Christmas, the day, the season it is such a magical time. My husband and I love to celebrate it all year long. I look forward to talking to all of you!
msstock87
Elf Apprentice

Re: Hello

Postby kiwidogy_max » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:48 am

Welcome Colleen! It is so nice to meet others who share in my enthusiasm and love for the Chistmas season. How do you keep the spirit all year long? :D :holly1:
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby msstock87 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:50 pm

Thank you for the welcome :) My husband and I celebrate Christmas all year long, by keeping certain decorations out all the time, watching Christmas movies all year long as well. We have our favorites that our close to our heart. We also are trying to start a family so we are discussing traditions that we are going to do with our future children.

I am excited to be part of a group of Christmas lovers such as myself!
msstock87
Elf Apprentice

Postby kiwidogy_max » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:51 am

Colleen, those all sound wonderful! Again, welcome. I too leave decorations out all year... Some of my nativity figurines, and a tiny little tree by my desk. I look forward to hearing more about you and your family traditions. :holly1:
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Mrs.Claus » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:41 am

Colleen - nice to meet you!

My family has a few traditions we started and they love!! Every year starting December 1st, we read a story a night by the Christmas tree. We use to put the books in a big Christmas bag and then take turns pulling out a book. Now we put all the books under the tree (we have way too many for a bag now) and choose 2 stories a night.

We also light an advent wreath and sing a couple of carols. I was surprised that my girls like doing this. We light the candle(s) every night, but on the Sunday do a bit more of a devotion. Next year we're each going to take a turn at planning the Sunday (some ideas they've come up with is to do a computer presentation of the nativity, my oldest is musical so she wants to do something along those lines, another is film us all acting out a skit, then edit it, and watch it).

We also found a Christmas Mad Libs and started doing that this year too.

It started out small (with the books) and then started to grow from there as they got older.

I'm sure you'll get many more ideas on the boards and some of these ideas are mentioned in the Traditions section too.
~ Mrs. Claus ~

Mrs.Claus
The Mrs.

Postby Irishsnow » Thu May 12, 2011 4:58 pm

Hello and Welcome :D
Irishsnow
Bulb Tester

Postby FatherChristmas » Thu May 26, 2011 1:16 pm

Hi everybody! Im so glad that I found a place where it's okay to say Merry Christmas in May.
:scene: :gbhouse: :hohat: :lights: :nav2: :nav1: :snowhouse: :santadance: :santagifts: :santachim: :merrysleigh: :merrysanta: :reindeer2: :snowdeer: :merrygift: :happyny:
FatherChristmas
Bulb Tester

Postby Noel+ » Fri May 27, 2011 2:25 pm

Welcome to CAY! We're a group of Christmas-loving people who love to share the holiday all year long. C'mon in and join the fun!

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Return to Welcome