Weather Reports

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: Weather Reports

Postby Noel+ » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:05 am

8-) Another 109F temp day..........where is rain?!?!

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Pretjah » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:46 am

you can have some from here...nj is actually having lakes and rivers cresting their banks this week!
Pretjah
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:59 pm

Pretjah wrote:you can have some from here...nj is actually having lakes and rivers cresting their banks this week!

Yes, the East & Midwest are flooding and the southwest has a 12 year drought. Go figure?!?! 110F today here with no clouds or breeze. :cry:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby mistletoe misfit » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:19 pm

Sunny,26 with humidex feeling like 35. The kind of weather we want while at the trailer! :smilecc:
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby Noel+ » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:44 pm

Extra hot 115F, extra dry with no cloud in sight. :cry:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby mistletoe misfit » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:53 pm

Thunderstorms have been going on/off since last night at 11pm. They have now updated the weather for this evening. Severe thunderstorms with possibility of a tornado. Yikes!
I must admit storms at home not as scary as the storms here at the trailer.
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby Noel+ » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:14 pm

mistletoe misfit wrote:Thunderstorms have been going on/off since last night at 11pm. They have now updated the weather for this evening. Severe thunderstorms with possibility of a tornado. Yikes!
I must admit storms at home not as scary as the storms here at the trailer.

Stay safe MM!

Here we have another huge dust storm predicted -- it turns the sky orange! :think:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby mistletoe misfit » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:40 pm

Well we have been lucky here. Only thunderstorms. Not so lucky for a town 4 hours east of here. They were hit by a tornado. Prayers for everyone there!
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby Noel+ » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:36 am

mistletoe misfit wrote:Well we have been lucky here. Only thunderstorms. Not so lucky for a town 4 hours east of here. They were hit by a tornado. Prayers for everyone there!

So glad you & yours are safe!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby mistletoe misfit » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:36 am

Thanks Noel!
The rain sure cooled things down for yesterday, and right now at 7:30 am it is only 12 but it is sunny.
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby Pretjah » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:55 am

that must be 12C right (where C stands for canadian measurements? lol just kidding)

man riding the motorcycle into work it sure felt every bit of the 60 degrees it was at 7:30 this morning
Pretjah
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:39 am

We're having a week of record high temperatures for this time of year. Today is 118F.....or higher.

All those who live in the US earthquake area, please be safe! :holly1:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby mistletoe misfit » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:25 am

Pretjah wrote:that must be 12C right (where C stands for canadian measurements? lol just kidding)

man riding the motorcycle into work it sure felt every bit of the 60 degrees it was at 7:30 this morning

LOL
I am always trying to force my brain to go metric. I automatically think inches, pounds etc. When i was in school they first started teaching me that way and then changed over. I still understand cup better than 250ml and pound makes way more sense than kg. I am always asking my hubby to translate kg to lb for me. Most things here are metric. It's like another language that I just have never been able to fully understand.
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby mistletoe misfit » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:42 pm

Most of the province(Ontario) is under either a thunderstorm or a tornado warning for tonight. We are lucky so far, we are just under a thunderstorm watch here at the trailer.Prayers and safe thoughts going out to family,friends and anyone in the storm areas!
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby Noel+ » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:24 am

Hoping each and everyone in Canada and USA east coast are safe. Thinking of you and holding you up in prayer. Your friends at Christmas All Year are with you in spirit.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby mistletoe misfit » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:47 am

Noel+ wrote:Hoping each and everyone in Canada and USA east coast are safe. Thinking of you and holding you up in prayer. Your friends at Christmas All Year are with you in spirit.

Thanks Noel!
We had some wicked thunderstorms come through between 11 and 3 am. No tornadoes! Thankfully! At one point the province had a hundred strikes of lightening per minute.
Prayers for everyone in the Hurricane path,hoping it downgrades very quickly!
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby Noel+ » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:16 am

Just hot, above 115F, here as usual. Really praying for all of you on the East/South coasts that Hurricane Irene downgrades. Please stay safe!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby mistletoe misfit » Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:58 pm

Well it sure has cooled down today. Only about 19. But there is a wind and it feels chillier than that. It feels like Autumn. My youngest said "Mommy it smells like fall today." :D
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby Noel+ » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:14 am

We had another huge dust storm, temp 114F today. :sleephat:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby jlcarey » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:10 am

Here in Cincinnati, OH, it is 60 degrees (f) right now. It felt SO NICE this morning to walk outside and need a sweater!! Supposed to get to 84 today, and by Friday up to 96! Ugh! But a big cool down starting Sunday, high is is only 78 and stays in the 70's all week next week!!! Finally! Fall is here! Or...almost here.
jlcarey
Bulb Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter