2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

Postby kiwidogy_max » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:38 pm

On my way to and from work today I had the Christmas classics playing. To
Tomorrow is looking to be the same. :whistle: Not to brag, but I am an awesome singer of carols in the car.
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:40 pm

Loved the candy cane leftover idea! That is a better alternative than trying to eat 4 candy canes a day between Christmas and Valentine's Day. :dinner:
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:54 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:Loved the candy cane leftover idea! That is a better alternative than trying to eat 4 candy canes a day between Christmas and Valentine's Day. :dinner:

I always crush them into smaller bits and use them for Peppermint bark! In my family there is no such thing as too much Christmas candy and bark lasts a year easiily! :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:55 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:I am kind of bummed that I didn't make a gingerbread house this Christmas. That just means I will have to build a gingerbread mansion this coming Christmas.

Last year we made the Gingerbread house, people, trees, etc. during Christmas in July and froze them until December 1st! :dinner:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:28 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:I am kind of bummed that I didn't make a gingerbread house this Christmas. That just means I will have to build a gingerbread mansion this coming Christmas.

If you see a kit on sale, buy and save it for Christmas in July! You might have to put it in the fridge if you live in a hot climate.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:47 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:On my way to and from work today I had the Christmas classics playing. To
Tomorrow is looking to be the same. :whistle: Not to brag, but I am an awesome singer of carols in the car.

Oh me too. The louder the car radio, the better I sound. :D
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby mistletoe misfit » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:42 pm

Noel+ wrote:
kiwidogy_max wrote:Loved the candy cane leftover idea! That is a better alternative than trying to eat 4 candy canes a day between Christmas and Valentine's Day. :dinner:

I always crush them into smaller bits and use them for Peppermint bark! In my family there is no such thing as too much Christmas candy and bark lasts a year easiily! :D

Candy cane bark is great! I make it for the teachers for part of their Christmas gifts and also make some for family members. I save the left over candy canes until Christmas in July then make another batch. The kids go crazy for it then! :smilecc: In the summer you just have to make sure you store in the freezer or fridge until your ready to eat it.
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:12 pm

I like use of leftover candycanes for the bark at Christmas in July (and now). The gingerbread house idea in July is great too! I love this place! You guys really get me. :D
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:41 pm

I still have my Rudolph nose on my car. I met someone going the opposite direction this morning with the same nose! Two Christmas crazies meet on the road!! :smilecc:
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby mistletoe misfit » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:37 pm

Oh! I forgot about candycane pie! It is really nice for Christmas in July. So simple too!
Cool whip mixed with crushed candy canes and put into either a chocolate cookie pie crust or graham cookie pie crust. Freeze until ready to serve. There is a chocolate pudding pie version, where you sprinkle crushed candycanes on top. I am now craving candy cane pie. If only I had cool whip! :think:
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:09 pm

mistletoe misfit wrote:Oh! I forgot about candycane pie! It is really nice for Christmas in July. So simple too!
Cool whip mixed with crushed candy canes and put into either a chocolate cookie pie crust or graham cookie pie crust. Freeze until ready to serve. There is a chocolate pudding pie version, where you sprinkle crushed candycanes on top. I am now craving candy cane pie. If only I had cool whip! :think:

I've had that. IT IS SOOOOOO GOOOOOOD!
I think I just gained 3 lbs typing about it. :D
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:30 pm

kiwidogy_max wrote:I like use of leftover candycanes for the bark at Christmas in July (and now). The gingerbread house idea in July is great too! I love this place! You guys really get me. :D

That's cuz we're all Christmas nuts! :lol: :lol:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:30 pm

mistletoe misfit wrote:Oh! I forgot about candycane pie! It is really nice for Christmas in July. So simple too!

Makes my mouth water right now and great for Christmas in July too! :dinner:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:31 pm

What a day at work - exhausted -but stopping by to say HOWDY to all my CAY friends! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby kiwidogy_max » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:58 pm

Noel- I am glad you are home now to relax after a grueling day at work. It always gives me comfort to come on here and see what is going on at Christmas All Year. No matter how crazy a day I have had, I always can end it with a smile. :D
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:00 pm

We have gotten a few inches of snow here in VT over the last few days, but it is bitterly cold! -14 degrees is the low tonight!! Love those Christmassy flannel sheets!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:03 pm

Only a bare Christmas tree remains in the apartment now. It is such a beautiful tree!! I wish I could plant it outside and watch it grow. I know my parents purchased a potted tree for their first one as a married couple. In the spring they planted it outside and now it must be close to 40 feet tall!!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:11 pm

kiwidogy_max wrote:Only a bare Christmas tree remains in the apartment now. It is such a beautiful tree!! I wish I could plant it outside and watch it grow. I know my parents purchased a potted tree for their first one as a married couple. In the spring they planted it outside and now it must be close to 40 feet tall!!

Wow. That's neat. Wish we would have thought of that.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby kiwidogy_max » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:14 pm

I remember decorating that outside tree every Christmas when I was younger. Now it is just too big!! It is beautiful though. I tried to convince my parents to me me decorate the deck (by the pool) in the front yard this year with lights. No luck. I won't take no for an answer this coming Christmas.
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:22 pm

I also want to get my father a train set for his Christmas village next year. He is the one that got me into creating my own village.
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter