2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:09 am

Light dusting of snow this morning. Not sure it will stay, but it was nice to wake up to. Almost like Christmas Day! I am looking for a garden flag to hang inside the apartment from my laundry rods. I would like it to say "Merry Christmas" and have a christmas tree on it to do double duty, but so far no luck. I am looking on ebay and amazon. Sometimes I have great luck finding sellers that ship worldwide, some days not so much.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:11 am

Sad, sad day today.
The outside Christmas lights will be coming down when I get home from work.
:cry:

Then back up in November!
:D
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:42 pm

If you want to have fun, try searching for "beach christmas" on amazon. I am shocked. We were talking about Christmas in July and I was trying to find a flag with a christmas beach theme to hang indoors. There is a whole world out there I did not know about. We have decided to leave the little 2 ft tree in the kitchen year round and decorate it for Christmas in July. I like the sea shell garland and might buy some ornaments. Depends on the budget. We might be able to go to a craft store and make our own. The ideas abound.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:29 pm

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0918972090

just bought these for the future Christmas in July tree. I am wondering what to put on top, a fake parrot? hm..........maybe a straw umbrella! have to try to find flip flop lights for the window in sweden, there is a difference in electrical current from the US to the EU. It is a pain. :treewiggle:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:44 pm

http://www.amazon.com/Starfish-Coastal- ... 842&sr=8-2

And this for the Christmas in July tree. now we just need something for the top.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:31 pm

Beautiful garland for your Christmas in July tree. Love the beach theme. :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:34 pm

The Arkansas Razorbacks play in the Cotton Bowl tonight. A win will feel just like Christmas. :elfgrin:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:24 pm

CandyKane wrote:The Arkansas Razorbacks play in the Cotton Bowl tonight. A win will feel just like Christmas. :elfgrin:

Go Razors! with Christmas cheer. :lol:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:25 pm

Well, work is finally over tonight. I'm so tired I almost fell asleep driving the short distance home!

Cheated - we had Jack in the Box Outlaw burgers!

Tomorrow, I just have to start putting away some of the Christmas items in our house. The tree may go another week........but the house needs a thorough cleaning when Christmas is boxed away.

Its always so sad.......... :cry:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby kiwidogy_max » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:10 am

Had a great day at Epcot and The Magic Kingdom! Everything was still decorated for Christmas do beautifully! Carols were playing!!
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby FatherChristmas » Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:47 am

Noel+ wrote:Well, work is finally over tonight. I'm so tired I almost fell asleep driving the short distance home!

Cheated - we had Jack in the Box Outlaw burgers!

Tomorrow, I just have to start putting away some of the Christmas items in our house. The tree may go another week........but the house needs a thorough cleaning when Christmas is boxed away.

Its always so sad.......... :cry:

It's the saddest part about Christmas...having to take the decorations down :cry:
FatherChristmas
Bulb Tester

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:05 am

Hubby went to the store today and bought more Christmas beer to put away for Christmas in July. Sadly, Julmust (the christmas softdrink) is not possible to keep that long. Most other Christmas foods are available year round or we can make. We have never really "planned" for Christmas in July before, this is almost as fun as Christmas itself! I have three rolls of Christmas toilet paper and 1 roll of Christmas kitchen paper that will be put back for the occassion. I had a friend in the US that every 25th of the month would either listen to a Christmas CD or watch a christmas movie to keep the spirit all year round.

I am thinking of having an "undecorating party" with just the two of us at the end of the month after the work craziness is over with popcorn (or some kind of snack mix), hot chocolate, and some Christmas tunes blasting on the stereo. :dinner: :whistle:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:23 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:Had a great day at Epcot and The Magic Kingdom! Everything was still decorated for Christmas do beautifully! Carols were playing!!

Fantastic! Enjoy your post Christmas vacation! :smilecc:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby kiwidogy_max » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:08 pm

Ii just got back from watching my girlfriend finish the half marathon at DisneyWorld. What a beautiful day (mid 70's and sunny with a few clouds for shade). Better than -5 in VT!!! We went on a few rides and had some breakfast. Cleaning up and getting ready to head to Hollywood Studios. I wish they had some Christmas-themed movie attractions over there. Maybe I willbe surprised!! :singing:
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:10 pm

Actually, on the way back to the hotel, we passed a mini golf course with a Santa in a bathing suite on it. Random!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby CandyKane » Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:05 pm

Glad you're still finding lots of random Christmas things on your vacation Kiwi. Enjoy! :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:06 pm

I got my very early Christmas gift with a Hogs win in the Cotton Bowl. Nothing like watching a good ball game with friends and family. :scene:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:08 pm

It's another beautiful day here. I've been outside doing some raking and cleaning in my garden and flower beds. We are planning on taking dd to the movies tonight to watch the Chipmunks new movie. I love the Chipmunks......especially when they sing their Christmas song. :sing:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:49 pm

kiwidogy_max wrote:Ii just got back from watching my girlfriend finish the half marathon at DisneyWorld. What a beautiful day (mid 70's and sunny with a few clouds for shade). Better than -5 in VT!!! We went on a few rides and had some breakfast. Cleaning up and getting ready to head to Hollywood Studios. I wish they had some Christmas-themed movie attractions over there. Maybe I willbe surprised!! :singing:

That sounds like such fun! A little after-Christmas vacation! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:50 pm

CandyKane wrote:It's another beautiful day here. I've been outside doing some raking and cleaning in my garden and flower beds. We are planning on taking dd to the movies tonight to watch the Chipmunks new movie. I love the Chipmunks......especially when they sing their Christmas song. :sing:

It sounds very Spring-like, CK! Oh, children adore the Chipmunks singing their Christmas song all year long! They're so cute! :holly1: :singing:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter