2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

Postby Noel+ » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:40 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:I still have my Christmas tree up on my desk at work. People keep coming by reminding me that Christmas is over. I just smile at them and say "No it isn't. Christmas is only 348 day away!" I might just leave it up all year.
:thumbs:

I just laugh when people point out the obvious to me - yes, my Christmas decorations are STILL up! :wink:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby kiwidogy_max » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:18 pm

Nice! What business is it of theirs how you decorate your desk! A Christmas tree should make them all feel better each time they pass your desk during the day!
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:39 am

Got my Merry Christmas cats in stockings "garden" flag. It will go in the Christmas in July bag for the summer. Hubby calls it the "christmas any time" bag. It has garland, and the seashell garland and hawaiian mini ornaments will go in there. It is small enough to be stuffed into a cabinet (swedes do not have "closets" :angry: ) in the apartment. Christmas "any time" I like that. :smilecc:

Happy St/King Knut´s Day! :scene: :peek:

Now the undecorating can begin!
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:54 am

Tomtemor wrote:Got my Merry Christmas cats in stockings "garden" flag. It will go in the Christmas in July bag for the summer. Hubby calls it the "christmas any time" bag. It has garland, and the seashell garland and hawaiian mini ornaments will go in there. It is small enough to be stuffed into a cabinet (swedes do not have "closets" :angry: ) in the apartment. Christmas "any time" I like that. :smilecc:

Happy St/King Knut´s Day! :scene: :peek:

Now the undecorating can begin!

Well, even if you had closets, if you're like me they are all full of Christmas!!! :lol:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:45 am

Noel+ wrote:Well, even if you had closets, if you're like me they are all full of Christmas!!! :lol:

My former husband´s aunt had a huge house for just two people. One bedroom and its walk in closet were dedicated to Christmas. She would decorate top to bottom including bed linens, shower curtain, etc. The house would look like you walked into a magazine. And christmas dinner was to die for........oh, those were the days. After my divorce, I tried to introduce the "formal" christmas dinner to my family because I missed the elegance and atmosphere, it flopped, they are just not that sort of people. All that work and they were in and out in an hour. :dinner: :cry:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:42 am

Sitting here bored at work in the gap between regular registration and late registration next week. Can´t really start anything else, so I was wondering....
what is the latest you have left your christmas decorations up? (intentionally or unintentionally). I know the boxes stayed out a whole year once when former husband never got around to helping me put them in the garage. I was working 2 jobs for most of my first marriage and I think the decorations stayed up until nearly March once.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:10 am

Tomtemor wrote:
kiwidogy_max wrote:I love Live 365 for year round Christmas music!!

http://www.department56.com/products/Pr ... archpc=SCH

Here you go Kiwidogy. Now you can start a Christmas in July village!

Checked out this site yesterday. WOW! Those are some nice village sets.
Kind of expensive, but very nice.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:18 am

Put away the office christmas decorations. This is the last day I am openly listening to Live 365 Christmas channel. After this, it will be with headphones. I will keep listening to the "christmas" mp3 and mp4 files through January.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:51 am

My Christmas Tree at work. Still up! :shop:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:17 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:My Christmas Tree at work. Still up! :shop:

too cute! A perfect size for the office.

Had a conversation with a facebook friend today about the meaninglessness of a secular christmas. I love christmas and all the trappings, but just feel that it would be so empty without remembering the real reason for the season, the birth of our Savior. I know not everyone who celebrates christmas is a christian, but to me it would be so....depressing. All that hustle and bustle without feeling the joy behind it, no wonder people get stressed out and then say they "hate christmas".
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby FatherChristmas » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:01 pm

Guess what? St. Patrick's Day is in two months :)
FatherChristmas
Bulb Tester

Postby Noel+ » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:44 pm

Ah, just luv your Christmas tree and the Merry Christmas topper! :holly1:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:46 pm

"Had a conversation with a facebook friend today about the meaninglessness of a secular christmas. I love christmas and all the trappings, but just feel that it would be so empty without remembering the real reason for the season, the birth of our Savior. I know not everyone who celebrates christmas is a christian, but to me it would be so....depressing. All that hustle and bustle without feeling the joy behind it, no wonder people get stressed out and then say they "hate christmas"."

Yes, I agree Jennifer. I noticed the local radio stations did not play any 'religious' or 'traditional' Christmas hymns this year. When they had a request for O Holy Night they spent 5 minutes explaining how "unfair" it was to non believers. If the tree, decorations, lights, food, etc. were all gone - and I'd miss them - it is still Christ's birthday.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby mistletoe misfit » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:31 pm

I love your desk top Christmas tree! I especially like the mini tree skirt! Thanks Christmas Crazy for sharing a picture with us! :smilecc:
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby mistletoe misfit » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:43 pm

Today, sadly, I put away our small Christmas village and took down the living room tree. We still have many decorations out and our Family room tree is still up. I can't put it all away at once, too depressing! My youngest was not happy when she came home from school and the tree was down and the village gone. She loves to play with the people in the village. I don't let her play with it before Christmas, but after she is allowed to move the people around as long as she is careful. She will sit and play with the people for an hour or more. :gbhouse:
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:38 pm

That is a great size for an office Christmas tree!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:00 am

mistletoe misfit wrote:Today, sadly, I put away our small Christmas village and took down the living room tree. We still have many decorations out and our Family room tree is still up. I can't put it all away at once, too depressing! My youngest was not happy when she came home from school and the tree was down and the village gone. She loves to play with the people in the village. I don't let her play with it before Christmas, but after she is allowed to move the people around as long as she is careful. She will sit and play with the people for an hour or more. :gbhouse:

My sister and I are having a contest, MM, to see who can take down the Christmas decorations last! I take down 1 tiny item a day! :lol:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby kiwidogy_max » Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:35 am

Goodnight my Christmas All Yr friends! I am looking forward to the 3 day weekend. God Bless Mr. King.
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:02 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:Goodnight my Christmas All Yr friends! I am looking forward to the 3 day weekend. God Bless Mr. King.

Enjoy your weekend! I'm working............ :elfgrin:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby kiwidogy_max » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:33 am

I am up and ready to play with the train set. This is the first day in about 2 weeks I have been able to sleep in. I feel like a kid on Christmas morning!!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter