2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:00 am

Noel+ wrote:
CandyKane wrote:Starting this Sunday, US postage rates are going up again. It's gonna cost even more to mail all those Christmas cards and packages. :roll:

And that's the #1 reason in the last decade many people have stopped sending Christmas cards even to family! :cry: :cry:

Ugh, that means it will cost even more for friends and family to send us our Christmas packages. I hate that. :cry:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:02 am

Playing some Christmas tunes on the CD player while hubby is at work and I am cleaning. After Tuesday, his one day a week job ends and he is back to only 50%. My job is up in February, but I have an interview on Monday. The job is temporary but for a year. That would give us some breathing room again. Praying for a little of that Christmas magic to still be in the air! :snowwow: :whistle:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:06 am

Noel+ wrote:I need a little Christmas today........

my sister was fired from her job w/o notice or pay

my unemployed brother - fired after July 4th weekend - is still unemployed

my employer just stated unless I come up with an idea to save the department/company money I will "never" get a raise. We've had a wage freeze for over 4 years.

This economy is a life/family/home killer. So many of you are in the same/worse shape -- my heart goes out to you all.!

Praying for you and your family. The economic crisis, okay, let´s call it what it is, the depression, is worldwide. I keep thinking that historically, it was WWII that brought the world out of the last major depressions, and praying that is not what it takes this time. There are alot of my friends in San Antonio that are out of work too. It is terrible. Keep up the Christmas spirit! :scene:
Just one reason I love CAY to keep me focused on the blessing of Christmas
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby FatherChristmas » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:39 am

Noel+ wrote:I need a little Christmas today........

my sister was fired from her job w/o notice or pay

my unemployed brother - fired after July 4th weekend - is still unemployed

my employer just stated unless I come up with an idea to save the department/company money I will "never" get a raise. We've had a wage freeze for over 4 years.

This economy is a life/family/home killer. So many of you are in the same/worse shape -- my heart goes out to you all.

Just one reason I love CAY to keep me focused on the blessing of Christmas!

I'm very sorry Noel. You and your family are in my prayers.
FatherChristmas
Bulb Tester

Postby Noel+ » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:50 am

Thank you Tomtemor and Father Christmas for your prayerful support.

You are Jennifer - it is a worldwide economic crisis. America is about 6 months away from being where Greece is if some major changes are not made. So many many people hurting and losing hope.

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:58 pm

Noel--I am so sorry about the problems that your family is facing economically and I will be keeping all of you in my prayers. The one thing about this economic mess is that while everyones situation is unique, we are all still in the same big leaky boat. Our problems haven't been lack of work. Hubby's had plenty of it. We just have such high expenses. Fuel, insurance, breakdowns. And just the high cost of living. We are luckier than most. We can grow and raise alot of our own food so that helps. But things are so expensive and it's getting worse. That's one reason I have always shopped year round for Christmas. Gotta make the most of what money I get. :holly1:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:01 pm

Noel+ wrote:
CandyKane wrote:Starting this Sunday, US postage rates are going up again. It's gonna cost even more to mail all those Christmas cards and packages. :roll:

And that's the #1 reason in the last decade many people have stopped sending Christmas cards even to family! :cry: :cry:

I used to mail all my Christmas cards. But the last couple of years I have addressed my cards and handed alot of them out. I just can't justify spending 45 cents to mail a card to a person I see alot. :elf:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby FatherChristmas » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:17 pm

I was looking at Santa figurines on Amazon all day for my collection. I made a wish list of 21 Santas :oops:
FatherChristmas
Bulb Tester

Postby Noel+ » Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:25 am

CandyKane wrote:Noel--I am so sorry about the problems that your family is facing economically and I will be keeping all of you in my prayers. The one thing about this economic mess is that while everyones situation is unique, we are all still in the same big leaky boat. Our problems haven't been lack of work. Hubby's had plenty of it. We just have such high expenses. Fuel, insurance, breakdowns. And just the high cost of living. We are luckier than most. We can grow and raise alot of our own food so that helps. But things are so expensive and it's getting worse. That's one reason I have always shopped year round for Christmas. Gotta make the most of what money I get. :holly1:

Thanks CK! Your prayers and concern are a true encouragement.

And, yes, I understand about gardening. I grew up as a child on a farm, and later in the midwest we all had our gardens. I miss that. The bugs in the southwest prevent us growing a garden. And I DO understand about the cost of living ...... inflation is rising quickly every day. May God bless us this election with whoever can solve our problems!

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:25 am

CandyKane wrote:
Noel+ wrote:

I used to mail all my Christmas cards. But the last couple of years I have addressed my cards and handed alot of them out. I just can't justify spending 45 cents to mail a card to a person I see alot. :elf:

Yes. For the last 3 years I hand out all neighborhood, friend, family and work Christmas cards too!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:38 am

Well, I did not sleep last night and I'm wide awake here after midnight. My mind is racing about how we're all going to not lose our homes, have enough money for bills and food. Of course, eating 2 chocolate balls did not help either! Leftover Christmas candy is the best! :dinner: :shop:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:51 am

CandyKane wrote:
Noel+ wrote:

A great idea and an added personal touch as well! Christmas cards are not sent by many. WE usually get 3, all from international friends and family. The "in" thing to do is to send an SMS either for Christmas or at the stroke of midnight on New Year´s Eve. We usually turn our phones off at that time. I sent 3 cards, albeit late, to the US. Come to think of it, no one has mentioned recieving them. They could still be floating around the mail.

Got snow! I feel like playing White Christmas! It is legal as we are not having our end of season snackfest and do nothing day until at least next Saturday. :snowwow: :santa:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:26 am

Congrats on your Christmasy White snow! :snowwow:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby kiwidogy_max » Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:11 pm

I am excited for this afternoon. Some friends from work are coming over to watch the Patriots playoff football game. Chicken wings and dips galore!!! Let's go Pats!!! It feels like a Christmas party!
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:14 pm

Of course that means I have to clean before they get here. Now that we have much more room in the living room with the Christmas decorations down (sad), cleaning should be easier.
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:49 pm

Noel, sorry to hear about your families misfortunes. You will all be in my prayers.
Christmas blessings to you and your family all year long.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:51 pm

kiwidogy_max wrote:I am excited for this afternoon. Some friends from work are coming over to watch the Patriots playoff football game. Chicken wings and dips galore!!! Let's go Pats!!! It feels like a Christmas party!

Kiwi,
Did the Pats deserve the win or was it a post-Christmas miracle?
Anyway. Congrats!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby kiwidogy_max » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:44 am

Noel, I hope this year brings your more job security. You are in my prayers... Asking for a post Christmas blessing for you.
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:46 am

Christmas Crazy, I am very thankful that the Pats won tonight!!! I was surprised (and happy) to see that they had to rely on their defense somewhat. Glad they move on to play another day!!! Just one more Christmas wish!!!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:49 am

I am contemplating going to the Christmas Loft tomorrow (local Christmas store) before I go to a friend's birthday party. Post Christmas sales anyone???!!!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter