2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

Postby CandyKane » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:59 pm

Gosh, it feels like I haven't been on here in forever. January was so busy it went by in a blur. I finally got all my end of year paperwork done and everything delivered safely to our accountant. I always dread seeing the end result of our taxes, but I am so glad it's done! :santadance: I have missed you guys so much! Now to catch up reading all these wonderful Christmas posts! :elfgrin:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:02 pm

Noel+ wrote:CandyKane - how are you?! We miss ya! :smilecc:

Aw Thanks Noel! I missed you guys too. I really should have checked in and I meant to. But sometimes life just gets in the way! I love this little Christmas site so much. :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:10 pm

Noel+ wrote:
kiwidogy_max wrote:It was a very close football game. Unfortunately, my team didnt come out on top. But, both teams played well. Entertaining game! A little disappointed, but nothing' a l title Christmas music can't take care of.

Yes. Like Christmas Day, I overate and fell asleep when New England was well ahead. I awoke to cheers for the Giants from family/friends in the 4th quarter to see my team losing.

The half-time was a total disappointment. But loved the Coke polar bear commercials! :smilecc:

I was actually suprised at how close this game actually was. I can't say that I am a big fan of either team, but I really thought that they Giants would win. However, I thought it was gonna be by alot more. I can't say that I got excited about anything except a few commercials and they last few seconds of the game. Love, love, love those polar bears! Polar bears and snow always remind me of Christmas. :lol:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby kiwidogy_max » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:53 pm

CandyKane, it is great to see you back here at the Christmas All Year forum again! I am glad the busy January is behind you.
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:55 pm

I loved the Polar Beat commercials as well. They always remind me of Christmas!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:58 pm

CandyKane wrote:Gosh, it feels like I haven't been on here in forever. January was so busy it went by in a blur. I finally got all my end of year paperwork done and everything delivered safely to our accountant. I always dread seeing the end result of our taxes, but I am so glad it's done! :santadance: I have missed you guys so much! Now to catch up reading all these wonderful Christmas posts! :elfgrin:

:D CK! :D I've been worried and missing you! So glad you're 'home' with us at Christmas AlllYear!!!

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:59 pm

kiwidogy_max wrote:I loved the Polar Beat commercials as well. They always remind me of Christmas!

Yes, I wondered why we didn't see any this Christmas Now we know - saved for Super Bowl. Just adorable! :holly1:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:42 am

tinseltown wrote:
Noel+ wrote:
tinseltown wrote:Glad you liked the photographs , already thinking of new ways to decorate this christmas :)) just 10 months to go untill Decoration time again !!

Um, well, my Christmas decorations are still up! So its less time for me - ha! :smilecc:

I leave a few things out like snow flakes on my staircase and a nativity up on the top floor but cant overdo it as hubbie thinks im mad but iam , mad about christmas ! :D

Hubby is supposed to be carrying the christmas boxes down to the basement today. I still have a snowman shelf sitter that my parents sent from the US out and switched to a green snowman table cloth. I have been looking for either a plain red (round vinyl, felt back) to go for both Christmas and Valentine´s day, but no luck so far. We usually have snow until Easter so the green snowmen can stay out through march, then we will just throw it in the christmas in july bag. If I do not find a summer one, we might bring it back out for a bit of winter cheer during Christmas in july! Oh, in Sweden, cupids and hearts are also Christmas motifs, so alot of swedish decorations get double duty. Valentine´s day gets a little bigger each year, but is pretty much a non event for alot of people. too bad, it could be as much fun as Christmas! :snowwow:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby tinseltown » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:07 pm

Sweden must be lovely and very festive . I live on a Greek island so we never have snow . But inside my house i make it really festive and keep up traditions from back home in the uk . In Greece the kids get their presents 1st January as Santas known as Ayios Vassilis here but we do 25th of December . My daughters who is at university in Athens still wants her Santa sack every christmas !! Shes clever as its a big sack so it needs lots of presents to fill it !!
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby tinseltown » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:43 pm

:gbhouse:
tinseltown wrote:Sweden must be lovely and very festive . I live on a Greek island so we never have snow . But inside my house i make it really festive and keep up traditions from back home in the uk . In Greece the kids get their presents 1st January as Santas known as Ayios Vassilis here but we do 25th of December . My daughters who is at university in Athens still wants her Santa sack every christmas !! Shes clever as its a big sack so it needs lots of presents to fill it !!
:snowwow:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby kiwidogy_max » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:34 pm

I just saw a Christmas episode of the King of Queens. I love it when those shows pop up during the year.
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:44 pm

Yes. Last Christmas in July neither TV Land, Disney or Hallmark had their special programs. But then I have the videos. Love Christmas all year! :scene:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby kiwidogy_max » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:05 am

Goodnight my Christmas All Year friends! I will be ice skating tomorrow for the first time in MANY years!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:08 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:Goodnight my Christmas All Year friends! I will be ice skating tomorrow for the first time in MANY years!

Good night and may you have Christmas dreams. Have fun tomorrow.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:30 am

tinseltown wrote:Sweden must be lovely and very festive . I live on a Greek island so we never have snow . But inside my house i make it really festive and keep up traditions from back home in the uk . In Greece the kids get their presents 1st January as Santas known as Ayios Vassilis here but we do 25th of December . My daughters who is at university in Athens still wants her Santa sack every christmas !! Shes clever as its a big sack so it needs lots of presents to fill it !!

Ah, the swedish tomte has a sack too. And nearly every father plays the tomte (santa claus) for their own kids. He disappears sometime during the viewing of Donald Duck and knocks on the door just as it ends with his big sack of presents on his back. His usual greeting is "Are there any good children here?" I have asked around at work to see if this up close and personal view of the tomte spoils the magic sooner for swedish children (realizing that dad is the tomte), but they seemed to say no. I guess all kids like a little Christmas magic. :shop:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:34 am

Noel+ wrote:Yes. Last Christmas in July neither TV Land, Disney or Hallmark had their special programs. But then I have the videos. Love Christmas all year! :scene:

I made sure I stocked up on the "classics" before I left the US and have actually found a few here too. I also have Rudolf and Frosty´s Christmas in July on DVD and Christmas in July (black and white movie) on VHS. Those two are a must see! Other Christmas in July favorites are Off Season with Hume Cronin, Mr. St Nick with Kelsey Grammer, Holiday in Handcuffs (hubby has a thing for Melissa Joan Hart) and strangely enough Blue Hawaiia since we have gone with a Hawaiian theme in recent years. I am still looking for Christmas in Paradise, but so far no luck. :cry:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby kiwidogy_max » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:51 am

I will definitely have to watch some Christmas movies in July this year!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby CandyKane » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:22 pm

Went to bed last night with a good chance of snow :sleephat: Woke up this morning to ........nothing. :cry: Guess I'll have to wait until next Christmas before I see any snow. :flake:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:24 pm

kiwidogy_max wrote:Goodnight my Christmas All Year friends! I will be ice skating tomorrow for the first time in MANY years!

Ice skating is so much fun. There is a family center that offers ice skating and we take dd every year. She loves it so much. I wish it was closer so we could go more often. And all the cold and ice always puts me in a Christmas mood. :snowwow:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:42 pm

Had a new dusting of snow this afternoon. Have 1 interview on Friday and another on Feb. 22. Hubby has a conversation on Feb. 20 with his current job to determine if he has a future. WE are praying for 100% permanent employment, but it could go the other way and he might have nothing. Praying for some of that Christmas magic!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter