2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

Postby Noel+ » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:15 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:Monday is my birthday (34...ugh)...it seems like the time has already flown by this year after Christmas (at least faster than usual). Anyone have any fun plans?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIWIDOGY_MAX!!!!! :hbd:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:17 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:I remember when I was young and still living at my parents house- I kept my Christmas tree up through Valentine's Day. I loved that... but Good thing it was artificial!!

As much as I love the tree at night, I am tired of it now. The longer it goes without being taken down, the more pressured I feel. I don't the ornaments dusty, I want to be open my living room drapes [lol!], and its time for Spring decorations. If only it was under 80F outside I might feel different! :laugh:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby mistletoe misfit » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:34 am

Hello my Christmas friends! Hope everyone is well!

Family room Christmas tree is still up. It is always the first to go up and the last to be put away. Maybe because this is our handmade decoration only tree. I love looking at the kiddies decorations. Or maybe because I know Christmas is officially over when it is put away.It depresses me to take it down. I have tried talking my hubby into letting us leave it up. But with no success. I guess this weekend it will be time.

Have a wonderful Friday !! :flake:
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby tinseltown » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:30 pm

:holly1: I know that feeling ,trying to keep christmas :singing:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby tinseltown » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:34 pm

:think: Thank you will try now . Nice theres lots of christmas chatter ! :shop:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby tinseltown » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:38 pm

This might be a silly question but as you can see cant find a picture !! :think:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby CandyKane » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:34 pm

Tinseltown--Good luck in your Christmas signature picture hunt. I personally upload pics that I like to photobucket. Photobucket makes it very easy to copy the pics to your siggy. :D

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:39 pm

mistletoe misfit wrote:Hello my Christmas friends! Hope everyone is well!

Family room Christmas tree is still up. It is always the first to go up and the last to be put away. Maybe because this is our handmade decoration only tree. I love looking at the kiddies decorations. Or maybe because I know Christmas is officially over when it is put away.It depresses me to take it down. I have tried talking my hubby into letting us leave it up. But with no success. I guess this weekend it will be time.

Have a wonderful Friday !! :flake:

Mistletoe Misfit---I totally understand about not wanting to take your tree down. I cherish all my dd's handmade decorations and have a hard time packing them away. Maybe you could find another way to display a few of these decorations. My sister's mil had some really large silk houseplants and every year, instead of dragging out the Christmas tree she decorated the plants. It sounds tacky, but it actually looked nice. Anyways, there are lots of ways to display a few ornaments. It would be good if you rotated them, that way your displays would always look fresh. :treeclap:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:42 pm

For those of you interested in Pinterest......Go to Pinterest.com and request an invite. They should email you an invite within a few days..if they don't pm me your email addy and I'll send you an invite. It's my favorite new way to organize all the great pics and ideas I find on the web. And the Christmas ideas are fabulous. :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:45 pm

Woke up this morning to rain and even a few snow flurries. Our best chance to see Winter weather will be Sunday night into Monday. I can't wait. We are forecast to get about 4 inches. Perfect for snow angels. And for a few days, it's really gonna feel like Christmas again. :snowwow: :scene:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:30 pm

A Christmas cheery "HI" to you MM! My Christmas tree and decorations are still up - eek. Maybe this weekend. My working schedule means zero time. :oops:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:58 pm

:smilecc: :D My Christmas tree decorations are packed away nicely in a new plastic bin! My BIL/DH are going to take down the tree by tomorrow. Now everynight I can slowly pack away the other decorations and get some Spring ones out for Easter.

There's a sorta sadness with the bare artificial tree standing in the front-room window . :cry: :cry:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby kiwidogy_max » Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:04 pm

I still see a handful of homes around where I live with outside Christmas lights still lit up.
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby tinseltown » Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:59 pm

Thanks CandyKane will try that ! My friend said she saw a house with the christmas tree still up here . We are not alone in our love for christmas :smilecc:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby tinseltown » Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:44 pm

Did it !!!! :smilecc:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby CandyKane » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:24 pm

Yay tinseltown! Love your new Christmas siggy! :bell1:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:26 pm

Cold, cold, cold! :cold: Headed for a low temp of 10 degrees F tonight with snow still in the forecast for tomorrow night. It's so not fair to have this weather and not have Christmas. :snowhappy2:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:24 pm

kiwidogy_max wrote:I still see a handful of homes around where I live with outside Christmas lights still lit up.

We still have one house in the neighborhood with their Christmas lights still up.
Love it. :shop:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:32 pm

Tinseltown, love your new siggy - very Christmasy Valentine! :holly1: :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:33 pm

CandyKane wrote:Cold, cold, cold! :cold: Headed for a low temp of 10 degrees F tonight with snow still in the forecast for tomorrow night. It's so not fair to have this weather and not have Christmas. :snowhappy2:

That's why in the southwest it never feels like Christmas as we have 75=80 degree temps. But to have snow without Christmas is sad. :cry:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter