2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

Postby Noel+ » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:35 pm

snow for Valentine's Day is perfect CandyKane! And it brings a touch of Christmas to your hearts. ENJOY! :snowwow:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby FatherChristmas » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:38 pm

My entire neighborhood is covered in snow. If only this could have happened two months ago. It really does look like Christmas outside. :snowink:
FatherChristmas
Bulb Tester

Postby kiwidogy_max » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:43 pm

It has been such a strange winter here in VT. We really haven't had any measurable snow since Christmas. Of course, that being said, it could snow 3 feet one weekend in late March.
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:45 pm

I believe it was 3 years ago today that it snowed 3 feet here on Valentines day! It was amazing!!! You couldn't help but feel Christmasy!! :flake:
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:46 pm

With all of the candles lot on the house this evening, it really felt like Christmas again!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:03 am

Greetings Christmas Friends! Just stopping by to say hello. For some reason when I do not check it for several days, my computer decides to stop sending me my christmas messages. We had a great time on the pre valentine´s day cruise. After a stressful day at work, spent the evening sitting on the couch drinking coffee, watching A Charlie Brown Valentine and getting a footrub from my favorite valentine! We got new snow last night!

Have gotten two job turndowns since the cruise but praying for some Christmas magic from my two interviews next week!

Happy Day After Valentine´s Day! I have A Valentine Carol loaded on the mp4! it is my "on the bus" entertainment this week.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:27 am

http://www.santaclaus.fi/?deptid=8044

That is Finland´s answer to Tomteland. Unfortunately, this one seems to be open only at Christmas. I might be swedish now, but Lapland in winter sounds REALLY cold to me. :snowwow:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:33 am

http://www.visitrovaniemi.fi/In_English/Sights.iw3

Okay, this one says they are open all year. hmm...maybe a future Christmas in July stop!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:29 pm

Dd got to go back to school today. There are having a Valentine's party. She was so excited. Valentine's Day is almost as fun as Christmas! :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:31 pm

My beautiful snow has been replaced by drizzling rain. A little dreary but a nice day to stay in and catch up on the housework. The house looks so empty without all the Christmas decorations. :holly1:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:50 pm

Tomtemor wrote:Greetings Christmas Friends! Just stopping by to say hello. For some reason when I do not check it for several days, my computer decides to stop sending me my christmas messages. We had a great time on the pre valentine´s day cruise. After a stressful day at work, spent the evening sitting on the couch drinking coffee, watching A Charlie Brown Valentine and getting a footrub from my favorite valentine! We got new snow last night!

Have gotten two job turndowns since the cruise but praying for some Christmas magic from my two interviews next week!

Happy Day After Valentine´s Day! I have A Valentine Carol loaded on the mp4! it is my "on the bus" entertainment this week.

So glad your cruise was a beautiful one! A little after-Christmas vacation! :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:51 pm

CandyKane wrote:My beautiful snow has been replaced by drizzling rain. A little dreary but a nice day to stay in and catch up on the housework. The house looks so empty without all the Christmas decorations. :holly1:

Yes, I agree about the house feeling empty without Christmas decorations. Even when I bring out my Spring items - they're pale, fewer, and its just not the same. That's part of the Christmas magic I guess! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:45 pm

I volunteered to help out at the Valentine party at my dd's school today. It was alot of fun and I always enjoy the kids so much. They made really neat heart "boxes" to put all their Valentines in. I'm gonna be so sad when she leaves her preschool for kindergarten this Fall. My baby is growing so fast. I cherish every minute I get to be her Mommy. Every holiday is so much better when you spend them with someone you love. Especially Christmas! :scene:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:41 pm

CandyKane wrote:I volunteered to help out at the Valentine party at my dd's school today. It was alot of fun and I always enjoy the kids so much. They made really neat heart "boxes" to put all their Valentines in. I'm gonna be so sad when she leaves her preschool for kindergarten this Fall. My baby is growing so fast. I cherish every minute I get to be her Mommy. Every holiday is so much better when you spend them with someone you love. Especially Christmas! :scene:

Yes, children grow up so fast! Cherish each moment. But remember, CK, there will be new experiences in kindergarten..........and a new understanding of Ch :D ristmas too!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:42 pm

Just one more box of Christmas items to pack away and then time for Spring cleaning. :D Ive never been this far behind after the holidays in my life! :oops:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby kiwidogy_max » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:42 am

I have felt miserable today and have no voice (some people may actually enjoy that!). It's my post Christmas and Valentines day tiredness catching up with me. If I can't speak again tomorrow, I may not be going to work.
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:44 am

On a more pleasant note, I have been reading "the Christmas Secret.". Great book!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:55 am

I had to take a sick day today. :x but I did get to finish my book "The Christmas Sectet". A great book!!!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:21 pm

I hope you feel better soon my Christmas friend.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:45 pm

kiwidogy_max wrote:I had to take a sick day today. :x but I did get to finish my book "The Christmas Sectet". A great book!!!

Sick days are a great excuse to stay in bed, drink tea, and finish a good book! HOpe you feel better soon!

I am still seeing alot of Christmas lights on the way home. White lights are the most common in Sweden and alot of people leave them up. We still have our red lights up inside the apartment. :gbhouse:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter