2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:57 am

Hubby had a really good interview yesterday. Job is fulltime with a decent base pay and stipends for actual teaching. If he teaches 12 days, the stipend is about the same amount as an unemployment check, or the equivalent of a plane ticket to the US. My yesterday was nice, polite, unstressful, what I call a "token" interview when you know you are there just because by law they have to start out with a certain number and then narrow it to the one they really want,etc. Monday is much more important as that is also for a fulltime job. Keep those Christmas prayers coming! :elfgrin:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:59 am

Just posted a reply but it seems to have diasppeared. Oh well, here is an abbreviated version. Hubby had good interview yesterday.They said they were interviewing through next Friday and then he should hear something after that.

Mine was a "token" interview Monday is much more important.

I am so happy to have so many Christmas friends with whom to share the ups and downs of life!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby tinseltown » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:14 am

Christmas prayers will continue :elf: and yes its so lovely being able to share on this site about life and our passion for Christmas :shop:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby FatherChristmas » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:31 am

Can't believe it's already been one year since I signed up for this site. Haven't regretted it one bit. Love you my Christmas friends :D
FatherChristmas
Bulb Tester

Postby tinseltown » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:56 pm

Happy Christmas Anniversary :D Im finally doing my "late" Christmas dinner what i couldn"t fit in over the holidays . Roast pork and sticky puds are defrosting ,just set the table ready for tomorrow . Anyone want to join us ? :laugh: I miss my decorations although managed to sneak on the table my christmas salt and pepper pots :D Be blessed CAY friends :shop:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Noel+ » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:16 am

Tomtemor wrote:Just posted a reply but it seems to have diasppeared. Oh well, here is an abbreviated version. Hubby had good interview yesterday.They said they were interviewing through next Friday and then he should hear something after that.

Mine was a "token" interview Monday is much more important.

I am so happy to have so many Christmas friends with whom to share the ups and downs of life!

Stay encouraged Jennifer! We are praying........God is working...and we value you as a Christmas friend of CAY. Happy weekend! :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:17 am

FatherChristmas wrote:Can't believe it's already been one year since I signed up for this site. Haven't regretted it one bit. Love you my Christmas friends :D

So happy you haven't been disappointed at CAY and we appreciate your Christmas spirit! :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:19 am

Just finished the last of my Spring decorating tonight! YAY!

After work was the usual shopping.........laundry.........mini-cleaning........then hung my new wall art, put batteries in the new wreath and candles, and its all aglow. It's great to have some lights up after Christmas is packed away. It makes me smile! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby tinseltown » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:57 pm

Just finished clearing up after Christmas dinner :D our Greek and Estonian friends loved the food . It was so nice sharing a christmas meal in March ! Have a lovely evening wherever you are and may God bless you in the spirit of christmas x :gbhouse:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Noel+ » Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:07 am

tinseltown wrote:Just finished clearing up after Christmas dinner :D our Greek and Estonian friends loved the food . It was so nice sharing a christmas meal in March ! Have a lovely evening wherever you are and may God bless you in the spirit of christmas x :gbhouse:

So happy, Tinseltown, that your Christmas dinner was a huge hit! It sounded delish! :dinner: :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:07 am

Laughed today as I found another Christmas ornament under a table and had to reopen a bin to store it!

Completed some more Spring decorating.........but rested most of the day. What a delight! :holly1: :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby tinseltown » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:12 am

I cleaned the house today so will light some candles tonight to get that christmasy feeling . Glad your spring clean going well Noel :elfgrin: Sad as my daughter left for Athens today back to uni and the weather is awful and its a 15 hour ferry ride so please pray for a safe trip .Have a lovely evening wherever you are :holly1:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:28 pm

Hello my Christmas friends. Hope you all are doing well. :D
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:05 am

tinseltown wrote:Happy Christmas Anniversary :D Im finally doing my "late" Christmas dinner what i couldn"t fit in over the holidays . Roast pork and sticky puds are defrosting ,just set the table ready for tomorrow . Anyone want to join us ? :laugh: I miss my decorations although managed to sneak on the table my christmas salt and pepper pots :D Be blessed CAY friends :shop:

Oh what a marvelous idea! I bought a tiny ham over the weekend for my birthday breakfast of green eggs and ham next saturday. It almost felt like Christmas.

Washing machine died, not sure if it is repairable. That might be my birthday present. That does not feel like Christmas. ;-)

Going to the unemployment office today to register then off to an interview. Praying the second will lead to not having to do the first again. Keep up those Christmas prayers! :elfgrin:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:07 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWhxDD2Fy1w

My favorite St Patrick´s Day/Christmas crossover!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:09 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:Hello my Christmas friends. Hope you all are doing well. :D

Hi ChristmasCrazy! How are you and what is new? :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:10 am

Tomtemor wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWhxDD2Fy1w

My favorite St Patrick´s Day/Christmas crossover!

Thanks Jennifer! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Pretjah » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:03 am

man....i'm loving the warm weather...it allows me to get out on the harley more...but i needed some christmas spirit lifting this weekend so i spent some time searching youtube for classic christmas commercials....brought back some great memories of being a kid in the 80's
Pretjah
Toy Maker

Postby tinseltown » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:54 pm

Hi everyone will keep praying for right job for you tomtemor and Christmas Crazy keep those prayers coming ! Yes Noel trying to start a diet today but my mind keeps wandering to sticky puds and the roast pork dinner ! :dinner: Also im fasting from chocolate which must be my favourite food :D but ive got to be strong now :laugh: My daughter arrived safely in Athens after a stormy ferry ride so i thank God for that . Still waiting to hear from work when or if i will start as things in Greece not good . Im helping out with an old lady each morning though and part of the job is walking her 3 dogs which we need to find homes for ,so sad as they are all street dogs that she took in . I then after walk my own dog and then the stray we took in who my mum in law as took on :D so thats alot of dog walking !! Looking forward to Easter now . Like i said before so different from christmas but so special in a different way . Bye for now , so glad i found you guys x :shop:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:59 pm

Depressing day in the Lundgren Lägenhet. Hubby was turned down for the IT educator job and my interview did not go as well as it might. Needing some Christmas cheer!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter