2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

Postby tinseltown » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:53 pm

Hi everyone believe it or not its cold here ! Love c.s lewis ,especially Lion ,witch and the wardrobe . Thought the film was good as well but im the same, blubber at the scene with Aslan .Looked at my christmas books today , like you say Christmas seems so far away . Got quiet a few dear friends really ill at the moment , really puts things into prospective . Thank God for good health , when you have your health at least you can go on even though circumstances may be hard . Still waiting for a call from work . Would love to stay at home but finances wont let me ! Praying Noel and tomtemor for your jobs ! Im going to have a glass of wine now , sing a few christmas songs and be of good cheer ,will you join me ? :shop:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Noel+ » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:40 pm

As I'm at work I cannot join you in that glass of Christmas wine -- but love the idea!

There are many Christmas-themed books at Amazon.com for free or under .99 -- I downloaded 20 to read until next November! :snowwow:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:28 pm

Wow Noel! All those Christmas books will definetly keep you in the Spirit! :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:32 pm

Spring has definetly Sprung this week with 80 plus degree temps and tons of sun. 8-) So lovin this weather. I have planted potatoes, onions, carrots, radishes, and lettuce so far. All the summer blooming bulbs are up and I even added some new stargazer lilies to my bulb bed. I have huge containers filled with snapdragons and all of them survived the winter. They are already huge healthy bushes. Yay for saving money by not having to buy new ones. A dollar saved is another dollar for Christmas. :santadance:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:39 am

CandyKane wrote:Spring has definetly Sprung this week with 80 plus degree temps and tons of sun. 8-) So lovin this weather. I have planted potatoes, onions, carrots, radishes, and lettuce so far. All the summer blooming bulbs are up and I even added some new stargazer lilies to my bulb bed. I have huge containers filled with snapdragons and all of them survived the winter. They are already huge healthy bushes. Yay for saving money by not having to buy new ones. A dollar saved is another dollar for Christmas. :santadance:

When I lived in the Midwest/South we always planted our own garden. There is nothing better than home-grown veggies! Yum - enjoy CK! :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby tinseltown » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:37 am

Wow will definitely check out those christmas books on Amazon ! My parents in law grow a few veg and you"re right they do taste better :dinner: Back to mine wine and songs now ,staying positive at a differcult time and dreaming of the Christmas to come :D
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:29 am

http://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/pot-o- ... 3942c7d4f/

Made this today. It did not turn out as well as my Post Christmas snack mix, but maybe you experts will have better "luck". :elfgrin:

I baked it for almost two hours and it is still mushy. I did not use the microwave version because we have a small microwave and I did not have a big enough bowl.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:02 pm

I love Chex Mix and haven't made any since Christmas. Thanks for the recipe. I'll have to give it a try. Dd won't eat any kind of cereal but she loves the little marshmallows in lucky charms so maybe she'll try it. :elf:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:04 pm

I have been dragging all day and I just don't have the energy to do anything. I don't really feel bad, just feel like I'm completely drained. I have so much to do, but it's gonna have to wait. Think I'm headed for the couch and a Christmas movie. :holly1:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:05 pm

CandyKane wrote:I love Chex Mix and haven't made any since Christmas. Thanks for the recipe. I'll have to give it a try. Dd won't eat any kind of cereal but she loves the little marshmallows in lucky charms so maybe she'll try it. :elf:

We do not eat popcorn for dental reasons and I found the Lucky Charms at the English grocery and wanted to do something special rather than just eat it as cereal. I thought it would last a little longer this way. It did harden up a little after it cooled, but still not as good as the Christmas batch. I might make cereal bars (like rice krispy bars) next time. I have about half a box left. :elfgrin:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:10 pm

CandyKane wrote:I have been dragging all day and I just don't have the energy to do anything. I don't really feel bad, just feel like I'm completely drained. I have so much to do, but it's gonna have to wait. Think I'm headed for the couch and a Christmas movie. :holly1:

I hear you, I think I am feeling the "after work" slump. I had alot of energy over the weekend, but now I can hardly stay awake. Not "sick, but not well". I am working at the univ on Monday (one day only) so I definitely need some Christmas perking up!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby tinseltown » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:23 pm

Hi everyone saw a Robin this morning which is unusual in Greece , so lovely and christmasy :flake: Hope everyone is feeling better and job situations getting better . Wouldnt it be great if we could all open a christmas park together , and share our love of Christmas :gbhouse: We can dream ..... :smilecc:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Noel+ » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:27 am

CandyKane wrote:I love Chex Mix and haven't made any since Christmas. Thanks for the recipe. I'll have to give it a try. Dd won't eat any kind of cereal but she loves the little marshmallows in lucky charms so maybe she'll try it. :elf:

Yes, I love Chex Mix [all varieties] snack too! So I'll try this recipe and see how it turns out. Maybe add it to popcorn for our movie night! :dinner:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:28 am

CandyKane wrote:I have been dragging all day and I just don't have the energy to do anything. I don't really feel bad, just feel like I'm completely drained. I have so much to do, but it's gonna have to wait. Think I'm headed for the couch and a Christmas movie. :holly1:

That sounds like the virus we all have here. I laid down at 5pm, its now 2am and I just woke up! I sorta move from the bed to the chair in our family room and that's the extent of my energy. Gotta heal up this week end.

Hope you feel better CandyKane! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:30 am

tinseltown wrote:Hi everyone saw a Robin this morning which is unusual in Greece , so lovely and christmasy :flake: Hope everyone is feeling better and job situations getting better . Wouldnt it be great if we could all open a christmas park together , and share our love of Christmas :gbhouse: We can dream ..... :smilecc:

Ah, that' s a great Christmas dream Tinseltown. We might all disagree WHERE to open the park - lol! - as we'd all want to be able to go there daily!

Enjoy Greece.........and the robin songs!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:31 am

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!

May the luck of the Irish, the blessings of the Angels, the gifts of the Leprechauns and the Play of the Faes greet you this morning! :holly1:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby tinseltown » Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:10 pm

Happy St Patricks day ! Got a few Irish friends here who usually celebrate it and they love Christmas as much as us :D Some friends arrived from Canada today so we have quiet a few meals planned for them at different houses ! So as i was saying about my diet .... :smilecc:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Noel+ » Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:19 pm

tinseltown wrote:Happy St Patricks day ! Got a few Irish friends here who usually celebrate it and they love Christmas as much as us :D Some friends arrived from Canada today so we have quiet a few meals planned for them at different houses ! So as i was saying about my diet .... :smilecc:

Friends arriving, at Christmas or in the Spring, are the perfect reason to 'adjust' the new diet! ENJOY! :dinner:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:00 am

Sunday morning with rain -- finally!!! I just woke up at 4:55am to the beautiful sound of drizzling rain. It feels like Christmas int he southw :singing: :snowwow: est!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby tinseltown » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:10 pm

Enjoy the weather Noel :flake: Watched a film last night which turned out to be a thriller :| but it was set in the English countryside at Christmas :D It was a lovely Tudor house and the decorations were fabulous :gbhouse: Made me miss Christmas more than usual ... Be blessed my CAY friends x :holly1:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter