2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

Postby Noel+ » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:18 pm

Well, in a few hours we have a new week ahead of us. So enjoyed the rain and 60F today! Misty skies..........sprinkles.........the best Christmasy weather in a year! Make it a great Monday ya'll! :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby tinseltown » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:34 am

Enjoy that christmas weather :flake: Been up since 5.30 first to the lady i take care of then to the doctors , after that to collect some Avon orders then was called to work to prepare the shop . Now got to get ready for a meal at a friends house with my Canadian friends and my throat is hurting and coughing :cry: Will do it though as sharing a meal with Friends is so special reminds me of Christmas :D God bless CAY friends :smilecc:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby tinseltown » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:07 pm

Had a lovely night after a hectic day of good food and fellowship and there were even a few christmas decs around my friends house :gbhouse: Goodnight everyone x :scene:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby FatherChristmas » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:57 am

Happy first day of Spring everybody :)
FatherChristmas
Bulb Tester

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:23 am

Yes Father Christmas, Happy Spring!
That's one season closer to Christmas! :holly1:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:45 am

Right now we are waiting for that big rain storm that's been in Texas and Oklahoma. It was suppossed to have been here Sunday night and yesterday but it's moving really, really slow. The first forecast we had said we could expect up to 12 inches of rain, but it's been revised to 3 to 6 inches. Still a monster rainfall. I love the rain though. It helps me dream about Christmas. :scene:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby tinseltown » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:04 pm

Love the comment one season closer to christmas :smilecc: . Spring is beautiful but sure wish we could skip summer , too hot here and go straight to Autumn :shop: x
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby FatherChristmas » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:39 pm

tinseltown wrote:Love the comment one season closer to christmas :smilecc: . Spring is beautiful but sure wish we could skip summer , too hot here and go straight to Autumn :shop: x

I feel exactly the same way! :leafjump:
FatherChristmas
Bulb Tester

Postby CandyKane » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:34 pm

I would have to disagree. I consider myself very blessed to live in a place with 4 distinct seasons. I don't think I could ever appreciate the full majesty of Fall if I didn't have to endure the harshness of summer. For me the seasons are like Christmas. The anticipation of them is almost as great as the event itself. :holly1:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:05 pm

We are really getting the rain. I have no idea how much but we've had several hard downpours and steady rain for several hours. We'll be getting a lot more tonight. Thankfully we haven't had any severe weather here. I've made good use of my rainy day. I started my Spring cleaning and got several bags of dd's too small clothes for re-sale and donations. I ordered all the stuff that we're gonna need for Easter crafts and egg fillers at church. I even found my online bargain of the day. A $10 Amazon gift card for just $5. I earn Amazon gift cards from swagbucks and a survey site so I'll add this card to them and save them all for Christmas. :shop:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:35 am

CandyKane wrote:I would have to disagree. I consider myself very blessed to live in a place with 4 distinct seasons. I don't think I could ever appreciate the full majesty of Fall if I didn't have to endure the harshness of summer. For me the seasons are like Christmas. The anticipation of them is almost as great as the event itself. :holly1:

So beautifully stated, CandyKane! I live in a 1-season part of the country, and I am miserable. I miss 4 seasons -- the brisk changes in the weather, nature, and the different activities each brings. It is my dream to retire where there are 4 seasons again! That would be the best Christmas gift of my life!:smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby tinseltown » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:42 pm

Noel I hope you get your christmas wish :flake: The U.k was great for the 4 seasons . I never liked hot weather so how i ended up living on a Greek island is a mystery :D I miss frost believe it or not ! To look out on a frosty morning is the best thing for me .... :snowwow:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby CandyKane » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:31 am

Finally getting a little break from the rain. We ended up with 3 1/2 inches and more rain coming tomorrow. At least it's all soaked in and we haven't had flooding problems. I'm continuing my Spring cleaning. I bought some new plastic bins to store all my wrapping supplies. It'll make it easier when I'm wrapping all those Christmas presents. :treegifts:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:32 am

I ordered all the crafts and egg fillers for Sunday School. Now I need to go shopping for egg hunt prizes. I haven't been shopping for my church kids since Christmas. :angelsnow:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby tinseltown » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:44 am

Sounds busy and fun ! I love christmas shopping more though :smilecc:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:30 am

tinseltown wrote:Enjoy that christmas weather :flake: Been up since 5.30 first to the lady i take care of then to the doctors , after that to collect some Avon orders then was called to work to prepare the shop . Now got to get ready for a meal at a friends house with my Canadian friends and my throat is hurting and coughing :cry: Will do it though as sharing a meal with Friends is so special reminds me of Christmas :D God bless CAY friends :smilecc:

Tinseltown, do you sell AVon? would you consider shipping to Sweden? Let´s talk! Getting avon in the mail is just like Christmas!
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby tinseltown » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:41 pm

Hi Tomtemor will ask the manager here if its possible . Need some christmas cheer quick ! Doing 2 jobs at the moment , my friends are here and i have flu :cry: THINKING HOW WE TAKE GOOD HEALTH FOR GRANTED . So many things to do and no energy at all night CAY friends :flake:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Noel+ » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:37 pm

CandyKane wrote:I ordered all the crafts and egg fillers for Sunday School. Now I need to go shopping for egg hunt prizes. I haven't been shopping for my church kids since Christmas. :angelsnow:

Me too CandyKane. Isn't fun to shop for another holiday when Christmas seems so far away again?! :shop:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:38 pm

tinseltown wrote:Hi Tomtemor will ask the manager here if its possible . Need some christmas cheer quick ! Doing 2 jobs at the moment , my friends are here and i have flu :cry: THINKING HOW WE TAKE GOOD HEALTH FOR GRANTED . So many things to do and no energy at all night CAY friends :flake:

Ah, tinseltown, sending you some Christmas cheer ASAP! Sure hope you are feeling better by the time you read this message! :snowwow:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby tinseltown » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:26 am

Thanks Noel christmas cheer has helped :muffs: May your day be filled with christmas cheer as well :elfgrin:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter