2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

Postby Pretjah » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:12 am

my kids watched a garfield christmas the other day!

i happened to catch a rerun of one of the Office TV show christmas episodes the other day!
Pretjah
Toy Maker

Postby CandyKane » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:06 pm

I love the Garfield Christmas Special. Dd has recently discovered Garfield and she loves him. We'll have to watch this together. :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:08 pm

Well I just killed my lawn mower for the 3rd time already and have yet to get the yard completely mowed. I would hate to waste a good Christmas wish on a thing like this but I probably should have asked Santa for a new one. :santa:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby tinseltown » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:38 pm

Wow what a beautiful tree Christmas Crazy .I woke up humming Home Alone theme song a few days ago :singing: Always watch that film the first night i decorate so was crushed to realise its April :lol: But the blessing of christmas is with us always AGREED ? :smilecc:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:04 pm

Have to break radio silence for this. We went to the store after mass tonight and they were playing Silent Night on the muzak. I think someone got their channels mixed up. Nice to hear Christmas music in the store in April!
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:24 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gd0zM78Cr2I
I confess, I cheated. Easter is my favorite holiday next to Christmas! The Christmas Bunny was also a cute Easter/Christmas crossover.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby tinseltown » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:11 pm

Lovely to hear christmas music wherever you are :singing: Focusing on Easter which is next week here according to the orthodox calender . Watching my bible series at the moment ,up to Joseph which stars Ben Kingsley great stuff :gbhouse:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Noel+ » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:53 am

CandyKane wrote:Well I just killed my lawn mower for the 3rd time already and have yet to get the yard completely mowed. I would hate to waste a good Christmas wish on a thing like this but I probably should have asked Santa for a new one. :santa:

It wouldn't fit in your stocking. :wink: For me it was termites..........hang in there Christmas is coming again 2012!!

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:54 am

Tomtemor wrote:Have to break radio silence for this. We went to the store after mass tonight and they were playing Silent Night on the muzak. I think someone got their channels mixed up. Nice to hear Christmas music in the store in April!

Oh, that is beautiful.........Christmas carols are perfect all year! :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:55 am

tinseltown wrote:Lovely to hear christmas music wherever you are :singing: Focusing on Easter which is next week here according to the orthodox calender . Watching my bible series at the moment ,up to Joseph which stars Ben Kingsley great stuff :gbhouse:

Next to Christmas Easter is the next holy day for me too. This year I'm looking forward to Good Friday services and then Easter remembering the true reason we celebrate!

Wishing each of you a blessed Easter!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:38 am

We have been attending the weeknight Easter services all week. What a blessing! I have always wanted to since I have been in Sweden but it is tough when you work. This Easter I am unemployed and hubby is only working part time and while we are concerned, it is nice to have the opportunity to participate in the full week´s drama (larger meaning of the word, not literal). The Passionandakt services are much like the Lessons and Carols of Christmas with a little more of the story told each night. Tonight is the mass of the lord´s supper and friday is "music of the nine hours" which does not actually go that long. ;-P On Saturday some churches have midnight mass, but ours has the "otta", the early service at 7 am so we will go to that. Easter Monday is a legal holiday in sweden and many churches have services then too, ours does not.

Since I have broken silence anyway, I am curious as to when you decorate for Easter? Technically Lent is somber. I put off buying the willow branches until I realized it was too late, they are supposed to be blooming for this weekend. How long do you leave your Easter decorations up? Liturgically, it is "easter" until Pentecost.

And most of all, we must remember that without Christmas, we would not have an Easter!

Glad Påsk till alla mina Jula vänner!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:11 am

Happy Easter to you too Jennifer!

I wish people in the U.S. would take Easter more serious. I envy you this week.
The birth (Christmas) and death of Christ would be nothing if it weren't for His Resurrection.
That is where my hope lies.

Be blessed my CAY friends!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby tinseltown » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:02 pm

Happy Easter to all my CAY friends be blessed wherever you are at this special time . Just back from bible study which was lovely and encouraging at a time of differculties for many of us . Christmas is always in our hearts throughout the year :scene:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Noel+ » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:21 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:Happy Easter to you too Jennifer!

I wish people in the U.S. would take Easter more serious. I envy you this week.
The birth (Christmas) and death of Christ would be nothing if it weren't for His Resurrection.
That is where my hope lies.

Be blessed my CAY friends!

I absolutely agree Christmas Crazy. The resurrection is my strength and hope in Jesus!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:22 am

Yes, tinseltown, holding Christmas in the spirit of Easter in our hearts all year long. :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:05 pm

Glad Påsk till alla mina jula vänner!

Hubby played this to get me out of bed this morning. The Christmas song is in english but it is a Swedish group. Unlike most swedish groups, they do english quite well! "dance band" music is stil very popular and this group Lasse Stefanz has been around for literally decades and still going strong. Check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nR1t4Alv1mE :whistle:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby tinseltown » Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:02 pm

Happy Easter to you all ! Christmas is His Birthday and Easter is our chance of salvation for what He did for us . Love and Blessings to all my CAY friends :gbhouse:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Noel+ » Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:26 pm

:flake: Good Friday service last night was just beautiful -- the opposite of Christmas Candellight communion -- the ending after the beginning.

Did anyone else watch National Geographic's presentation about the shrowd of Turin and the computer-enhanced image of Jesus face? My faith does NOT depend on such items, but it proved how brutal the crucifixion was and touched my heart.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:27 pm

HAPPY EASTER to each of my Christmas-all-Year friends! I'm going to sunrise Resurrection Service at dawn. May you each be blessed!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby FatherChristmas » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:05 am

Happy Easter everybody!

FatherChristmas
Bulb Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter