2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

Postby Noel+ » Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:33 am

CandyKane wrote:http://news.yahoo.com/brother-painter-kinkade-relapsed-alcoholism-135057680.html

What a sad ending to such an amazing talent. I adore Thomas Kinkade's artwork and I have several pieces. His Winter scenes always make me think of Christmas. :rabstar:

Yes I adored Kinkade's artistry and gave many small lithographs as gifts to friends/family. I still have the 2 lighthouse lithos I bought for my Mom.........I kept them after she passed.

I did not know he had been an alcoholic or that he & Nanette had divorced. How very very sad. He is now in a place with no more pain. And his art lasts forever glorifying God!

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby tinseltown » Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:24 pm

Just watching Jesus of Nazareth with Robert Powell . The nativity part made me cry ,the setting in the stable and then the 3 wise men who brought Him gifts . The true meaning of christmas x
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby CandyKane » Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:34 pm

Right now we're waiting for the severe storms that rolled through Oklahoma last night to make it here. We're under a tornado watch but praying we just get the rain and nothing else. Great afternoon to stay inside and take a nap. Hope I dream about Christmas. :sleephat: :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:49 pm

[b][color=#FF4000]Well they had predicted winter storm weather but we're at 83F. The wind was so strong that it blew down my neighbor's multi-tiered antenna with part of it stuck on my roof and the other into the southeast home wall! I was hoping for cold weather as a sentimental Christmas inspiration, but Tuesday it will be 95F and summer again! 8-)

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:27 am

tinseltown wrote:Happy Easter everyone from Greece ! He Has Risen ! Be on our way to christmas now !!! x

A belated Glad Påsk to you!

Hubby and I went to a fast food mexican restaurant in the mall and they were playing spanish christmas music! It warmed my San Antonio heart! :whistle:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:20 am

Have a job interview in about 3 hours. Praying for some Christmas magic!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:45 am

Tomtemor wrote:Have a job interview in about 3 hours. Praying for some Christmas magic!

OH - absolutely praying for a Christmas miracle!!!!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby FatherChristmas » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:05 am

I want to go back to Bronner's so desperately.
FatherChristmas
Bulb Tester

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:17 am

Got the word this afternoon that my grandmother passed away this morning (US time). Looking at recipes for funeral pie (raisin pie)...........have a strange urge to make one this weekend. I read that it comes from the German/pennsylvania dutch tradition but is very popular in the southern US as well..........I am guessing either brought down by the carpetbaggers or became popular during the dpression. Trying to keep up that Christmas spirit..........raisin pie can taste just like mincemeat. :angelsnow:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:20 am

Tomtemor--So sorry to hear of the passing of your grandmother. Sending Christmas hugs your way. :holly1:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:22 am

FatherChristmas wrote:I want to go back to Bronner's so desperately.

I have never been to Bronner's but I have always wanted to. It must be an amazing site to see. I have several Christmas ornaments/decorations that I've ordered from them. They have great stuff. :elfgrin:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:34 pm

Tomtemor wrote:Got the word this afternoon that my grandmother passed away this morning (US time). Looking at recipes for funeral pie (raisin pie)...........have a strange urge to make one this weekend. I read that it comes from the German/pennsylvania dutch tradition but is very popular in the southern US as well..........I am guessing either brought down by the carpetbaggers or became popular during the dpression. Trying to keep up that Christmas spirit..........raisin pie can taste just like mincemeat. :angelsnow:

Oh, Jennifer, my heart breaks for you. A funeral pie is a great idea - comforting and in remembrance of your precious grandmother. You are in my prayers..........

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:35 pm

CandyKane wrote:
FatherChristmas wrote:I want to go back to Bronner's so desperately.

I have never been to Bronner's but I have always wanted to. It must be an amazing site to see. I have several Christmas ornaments/decorations that I've ordered from them. They have great stuff. :elfgrin:

I shop the catalog for 1 new item each year. This year it may not be possible, but I would love to shop the store!!!!! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:41 am

Noel+ wrote:
Tomtemor wrote:Got the word this afternoon that my grandmother passed away this morning (US time). Looking at recipes for funeral pie (raisin pie)...........have a strange urge to make one this weekend. I read that it comes from the German/pennsylvania dutch tradition but is very popular in the southern US as well..........I am guessing either brought down by the carpetbaggers or became popular during the dpression. Trying to keep up that Christmas spirit..........raisin pie can taste just like mincemeat. :angelsnow:

Oh, Jennifer, my heart breaks for you. A funeral pie is a great idea - comforting and in remembrance of your precious grandmother. You are in my prayers..........

Now that I think about it, mincemeat was my grandmother´s favorite. Maybe I will go the whole shebang and make one of those. No commercial mincemeat in sweden, have to make it from scratch anyway. I have this urge to go walking somewhere pretty but the weather is supposed to be bad this weekend and the botanical garden does not open until May 1. A little bit of Christmas comfort could be just the thing. :angelsnow:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby FatherChristmas » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:26 am

Very sorry about your grandmother Tomtemor.
FatherChristmas
Bulb Tester

Postby Noel+ » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:34 pm

Tomtemor wrote:
Noel+ wrote:

Now that I think about it, mincemeat was my grandmother´s favorite. Maybe I will go the whole shebang and make one of those. No commercial mincemeat in sweden, have to make it from scratch anyway. I have this urge to go walking somewhere pretty but the weather is supposed to be bad this weekend and the botanical garden does not open until May 1. A little bit of Christmas comfort could be just the thing. :angelsnow:

Absolutely, a 'little bit of Christmas comfort would be just the thing'! :snowwow:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:35 pm

So far my week of temporary jobs is exhausting. I'm grateful but so far have worked 42 hrs before my shifts today/tomorrow. BUT atleast I am working!

Sending some Christmas cheer this hot sunny day to my CAY friends! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:50 pm

Noel, your signature art is absolutely breathtaking.

I reviewed my mincemeat recipe from christmas and remembered that it came out too"citrusy", so I am thinking now is a good time to tweak it, baking is both comforting and it might just be perfect in time for Christmas!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:35 pm

Noel----Temp jobs??? I knew you were having issues with your job but I didn't know it had come to this. Prayers for you and your family. My hubby has finished 3 jobs for which we are awaiting payment. 2 of which are long overdue. It's very hard to keep any Christmas joy going when I'm so stressed but I do my best. :D

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:32 pm

CandyKane wrote:Noel----Temp jobs??? I knew you were having issues with your job but I didn't know it had come to this. Prayers for you and your family. My hubby has finished 3 jobs for which we are awaiting payment. 2 of which are long overdue. It's very hard to keep any Christmas joy going when I'm so stressed but I do my best. :D

Yes, my hours were reduced and then I was demoted, and then laid off. They combined the Pediatrics & Neo_natal units. That is NOT top quality care for infants. So its temporary jobs for me until a Neo Natal unit opening. My DH is still unemployed and it is hard.

Oh, I'll be praying you get paid. That is so unfair.

I'm going to have Christmas, like last year, even if we have no gifts again and no fancy food. Christmas' joy lives in my heart and I knows it lives in yours too CK.

YES: you always do your B E S T !!!! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter