2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:40 am

Noel+ wrote:
CandyKane wrote:I'm going to have Christmas, like last year, even if we have no gifts again and no fancy food. Christmas' joy lives in my heart and I knows it lives in yours too CK.

YES: you always do your B E S T !!!! :smilecc: [/color]

Yes, Christmas is in the heart. When that time comes, I´ll send you the list of what is on a swedish smörgåsbord, it is really all rather cheap and you can either skip the ham or get a tiny smoked ham from the regular grocery. I did that when I was single, just enough for a taste.

It is snowing here. Snow and mincemeat pie this weekend. it is definitely feeling like Christmas. :snowwow:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:47 pm

Noel~I knew you were having job problems and you may have posted that you'd been laid off, but I missed it. Praying you get a good permanent position very soon. Our best friends have four children. Their first 2 are twins born almost 3 months early. Fortunately they were in an excellent neo-natal unit and received expert care. I shudder to think of the state of some hospitals right now. We keep hearing the economy is so much better, but frankly I haven't seen where it is. Praying that things are much improved for everyone before Christmas comes. :holly1:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:48 pm

Enjoy your April Christmas snow Tomtemor. :flake: :flake: :flake:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:58 pm

CandyKane wrote:Noel~I knew you were having job problems and you may have posted that you'd been laid off, but I missed it. Praying you get a good permanent position very soon. Our best friends have four children. Their first 2 are twins born almost 3 months early. Fortunately they were in an excellent neo-natal unit and received expert care. I shudder to think of the state of some hospitals right now. We keep hearing the economy is so much better, but frankly I haven't seen where it is. Praying that things are much improved for everyone before Christmas comes. :holly1:

Thank you for your concern and prayers CandyKane!

Yes, the hospitals are not making profits and JMHO the healthcare plan will not help. The BEST care was when hospitals were non-profit. So many NeoNatal units are being closed and it breaks my heart!

Wishing you a joyous weekend -- maybe you can sneak in a Christmas movie! :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:58 pm

Yes, Jennifer, enjoy your beautiful Christmas snow!!! :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:47 pm

Noel~I've posted about it before but if you don't use Swagbucks.com you should give it a try. On swagbucks you earn points that you redeem for great stuff like gift cards, paypal, or you can shop in the swag store. It really quick and super easy to use. I have been using it for about 6 months and I have got $50 in Amazon gift cards and I currently have enough points for another $30 worth. You use it for a search engine and I generally win on my first couple of searches. I search twice a day, take a daily poll, and check out some no obligation offers and get between 20 and 30 points a day. You only need 450 points for a $5 Amazon gift card. And I noticed around Christmas their online store was stocked with lots of holiday items you use your points to purchase. It might be a great way to put a little extra jingle in your holiday. :bell1:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:10 am

Thank you CandyKane! Its like getting a gift from Santa at Christmas! I'll definitely take advantage of this great service! HUGS! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby tinseltown » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:26 pm

Hi CAY will pray for all these job situations . I know where you;re coming from Noel , the crisis here has hit us all and im still waiting to hear when i start my seasonal job . But as you said if we have to cut the fancy food and presents we still have christmas in our hearts . Be blessed all of you x :smilecc:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Noel+ » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:19 pm

tinseltown wrote:Hi CAY will pray for all these job situations . I know where you;re coming from Noel , the crisis here has hit us all and im still waiting to hear when i start my seasonal job . But as you said if we have to cut the fancy food and presents we still have christmas in our hearts . Be blessed all of you x :smilecc:

Waving hello to you tinseltown, and all our CAY friends. I hope your hear from your seasonal job very soon! Soon we'll be celebrating Christmas in July - even if we eat watermelon & drink lemonade! Be blessed! :gbhouse:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:56 am

:holly1: [/quote]

Waving hello to you tinseltown, and all our CAY friends. I hope your hear from your seasonal job very soon! Soon we'll be celebrating Christmas in July - even if we eat watermelon & drink lemonade! Be blessed! :gbhouse: [/quote]

watermelon, lemonade, reggae music, marimba christmas carols, or Christmas Island CD by Jimmy buffet....one year I saved all my "paper" christmas decorations, garland, christmas cards, etc and put the christmas cards out on a string during July. Chicken haystacks or turkey burgers are some economical things you can have and fun. I feel sorry for those people who think it takes money to really celebrate Christmas. :scene:

We are still hoping to hear about hubby´s job, I have given up on mine, keeping all in a similar situation in prayer. If his current part time job is not renewed, we may consider immigrating backto the US.....I just don´t know. With my grandmother gone, my aunt calls every other day to tell me they have 3 rooms and a bathroom that we can live in rent free forever..........it sounds good, but families can be very complicated at times. I just don´t know.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby ksrjreed » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:08 pm

Hello to everyone, it has been a while since I have been on here due to some "technical issues". I am back now with Christmas spirit in my heart. Alot to talk about and will due so later, but now I have to go. :smilecc:

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:33 pm

ksrjreed wrote:Hello to everyone, it has been a while since I have been on here due to some "technical issues". I am back now with Christmas spirit in my heart. Alot to talk about and will due so later, but now I have to go. :smilecc:

Welcome back! Life would be even tougher without the support of our Christmas friends! :gbhouse:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:50 pm

With so much going on right now I have another difficult decision to make. Our church election is this coming Sunday and I'm thinking about stepping aside as the preschool Sunday School teacher/youth director. I have done it non-stop for the last 3 years with little to no help and I'm just kinda burned out. I think it might be nice to get some fresh and new ideas going. The only prob is finding someone willing to do it. It would be so nice to watch my dd in a Christmas pageant and not miss it cause I'm trying to keep everything going. :holly1:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:52 pm

Good to see you ksrjreed! :ornwave: You're a Christmas friend who's been missed.

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:19 am

ksrjreed wrote:Hello to everyone, it has been a while since I have been on here due to some "technical issues". I am back now with Christmas spirit in my heart. Alot to talk about and will due so later, but now I have to go. :smilecc:

:smilecc: Welcome to your Chri :smilecc: stmas home again!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:21 am

CandyKane wrote:With so much going on right now I have another difficult decision to make. Our church election is this coming Sunday and I'm thinking about stepping aside as the preschool Sunday School teacher/youth director. I have done it non-stop for the last 3 years with little to no help and I'm just kinda burned out. I think it might be nice to get some fresh and new ideas going. The only prob is finding someone willing to do it. It would be so nice to watch my dd in a Christmas pageant and not miss it cause I'm trying to keep everything going. :holly1:

Your wise to pay attention to the burnout CK. We can only give as much as we have to share and we all need times of refreshment. Your heart of Christmas gives all year round but you need to receive as well. Praying for you as you make this difficult decision.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:49 am

CandyKane wrote:With so much going on right now I have another difficult decision to make. Our church election is this coming Sunday and I'm thinking about stepping aside as the preschool Sunday School teacher/youth director. I have done it non-stop for the last 3 years with little to no help and I'm just kinda burned out. I think it might be nice to get some fresh and new ideas going. The only prob is finding someone willing to do it. It would be so nice to watch my dd in a Christmas pageant and not miss it cause I'm trying to keep everything going. :holly1:

If you feel God leading you to take a break, step down. It is up to Him to find a replacement. Having grown up in a family of church administrators and been one myself for 6 years before coming to Sweden, God always has someone in mind. Maybe you just need to make room for them. There is no guilt in wanting to enjoy Christmas. You can always pitch in at the last minute if need be or volunteer to be a shepherd at the last minute. (In the church I worked for, "shepherds" were those volunteers who "herded" the children from place to place. There are many kinds of "christmas vacations". :elfgrin:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:44 am

The following is a facebook conversation with a distant relative in Santa Claus, Indiana:

Mike Hoberg:
Hundreds of Santas showed up last weekend here in Santa Claus, Indiana for the annual Workshop. Seminars, classes, and a basketball game where the North Pole Nicks beat the Harlem Wizards. I actually saw twin Santas eating at Denny's. Never saw that before.

You, Katie Hoberg Courtney and 3 others like this..

Jennifer Lynn Lundgren: what fun! should have asked to take their picture! :-)
5 hours ago · Like.

Mike Hoberg A stunned kid in Denny's saw the two Santas and asked his mom about it. She said, "That's Santa and his brother Fred." :-)

Jennifer Lynn Lundgren ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!! Priceless...............
about a minute ago · Like

Must be great fun to live in a town that celebrates Christmas All Year! :scene:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:20 pm

Thanks ladies. I appreciate the support.

Hey Noel~Here's an early Christmas present for you. A free kindle e-book I thought you might enjoy. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003P9 ... 03P9XC30#_ :shop:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:42 pm

Tomtemor wrote:The following is a facebook conversation with a distant relative in Santa Claus, Indiana:

Mike Hoberg:
Hundreds of Santas showed up last weekend here in Santa Claus, Indiana for the annual Workshop. Seminars, classes, and a basketball game where the North Pole Nicks beat the Harlem Wizards. I actually saw twin Santas eating at Denny's. Never saw that before.

You, Katie Hoberg Courtney and 3 others like this..

Jennifer Lynn Lundgren: what fun! should have asked to take their picture! :-)
5 hours ago · Like.

Mike Hoberg A stunned kid in Denny's saw the two Santas and asked his mom about it. She said, "That's Santa and his brother Fred." :-)

Jennifer Lynn Lundgren ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!! Priceless...............
about a minute ago · Like

Must be great fun to live in a town that celebrates Christmas All Year! :scene:

What a cute Christmas/Santa story! Thanks for sharing! And you know I'm from Indiana and just loved Santa Claus when we visited it! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter