2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

Postby Noel+ » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:43 pm

CandyKane wrote:Thanks ladies. I appreciate the support.

Hey Noel~Here's an early Christmas present for you. A free kindle e-book I thought you might enjoy. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003P9 ... 03P9XC30#_ :shop:

Thanks CandyKane! I just ordered it! And I'll be reading it later tonight. Its like a Christmas present in April! :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby FatherChristmas » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:27 pm

Here's a beautiful picture that I found on the internet. My favorite Christmas pictures are snowy night ones or these kinds that are filled with lights. Christmas is definitely the only holiday made for photography.

FatherChristmas
Bulb Tester

Postby Noel+ » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:18 pm

Thanks gorgeous Christmas shot Father Christmas. Thanks for sharing it with us! :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby ksrjreed » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:05 pm

My wife who loves Christmas as much as me has been getting a real kick out of me lately. I am going after my B.S. in Accounting and the only way I can do my work is by sitting at my computer and listening to the holiday hits station on slacker radio. I don't know what it is but the Christmas music keeps me calm and focused on my work.

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby ksrjreed » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:06 pm

We received a pleasent suprise while watching T.V. the other day. While sitting and watching Andy Griffith they showed the Chrismtas episode with the store owner who wants to be arrested just so he has someone to spend Chrismtas with. :smilecc:

ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Postby Noel+ » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:01 am

ksrjreed wrote:We received a pleasent suprise while watching T.V. the other day. While sitting and watching Andy Griffith they showed the Chrismtas episode with the store owner who wants to be arrested just so he has someone to spend Chrismtas with. :smilecc:

That's a great Christmas episode of Andy's show. We always enjoy it ........year after year!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:07 am

What a cute Christmas/Santa story! Thanks for sharing! And you know I'm from Indiana and just loved Santa Claus when we visited it! :D

I have never been there. Mike is a cousin of an uncle by marriage, if you got that. I did not "meet" him until I came to Sweden and we got connected through my cousin on facebook. He has a daugher in Sweden too. The world keeps getting smaller and smaller, must make it easier for Santa to make his Christmas rounds. Santa Claus, Indiana is on my bucket list and definitely on my list of places to retire should be win the lottery. :elfgrin:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:09 am

Hubby and I have been watching the Swedish/Finnish cartoon series called Mummin. The mummins are hippo like creatures who live in Mummindalen (Mummin valley). We had a christmas episode yesterday that was SOOOOO cute. Usually the Mummins hibernate between November and April. If you lived in Finland, you would want to hibernate too. But this year they are awake and think they have to "protect" themselves from Christmas by putting up a tree outside, decorating it, having food and gifts for the creatures who come out in the night. Swedish hubby thought it was a hilarious twist on the usual christmas story. I looked for it on youtube, but no luck.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:20 am

Tomtemor wrote:Hubby and I have been watching the Swedish/Finnish cartoon series called Mummin. The mummins are hippo like creatures who live in Mummindalen (Mummin valley). We had a christmas episode yesterday that was SOOOOO cute. Usually the Mummins hibernate between November and April. If you lived in Finland, you would want to hibernate too. But this year they are awake and think they have to "protect" themselves from Christmas by putting up a tree outside, decorating it, having food and gifts for the creatures who come out in the night. Swedish hubby thought it was a hilarious twist on the usual christmas story. I looked for it on youtube, but no luck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-G3p6HzH44I

found it in English!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:23 pm

Tomtemor wrote:

What a cute Christmas/Santa story! Thanks for sharing! And you know I'm from Indiana and just loved Santa Claus when we visited it! :D

I have never been there. Mike is a cousin of an uncle by marriage, if you got that. I did not "meet" him until I came to Sweden and we got connected through my cousin on facebook. He has a daugher in Sweden too. The world keeps getting smaller and smaller, must make it easier for Santa to make his Christmas rounds. Santa Claus, Indiana is on my bucket list and definitely on my list of places to retire should be win the lottery. :elfgrin:

Yes, definitely move it towards the top of your bucket list! It's such a fun experience! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:24 pm

Thinking of all my CAY friends today as I listen to Christmas carols on the radio and turn up my A/C! :snowwow:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby ksrjreed » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:56 am

The wife is with the youngest today at Cincinnati Childrens Hospital for a doctor's appointment, so it is just me and all the Christmas music and movies that I can fit into one day. I feel that it is going to be a great day. :smilecc:

ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Postby CandyKane » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:18 pm

Your Christmas Spirit is contagious! I'm feeling better already! :elfgrin: Hope all goes well with the doctor's appointment.

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:20 pm

I just got dd's new scentsy warmer. It's the pink princess 'Tiara' warmer and it is so pretty. She's gonna love it, since she is a princess you know. :elfgrin: Now I just have to find the perfect scent to go with it. I so wanted a new Christmas warmer last year but it just wasn't in my holiday budget. But there's always this year. :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:49 pm

Hey if you are in need of a Mother's Day card for your own Mom, wife, or for your kids to give to you head over to Cardstore.com and use the code LuvMom to score a free Mother's Day card. I use this site a lot and they have high quality cards you can personalize and they have free offers all the time. Any dollar saved is another dollar for Christmas! :shop:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:18 pm

My wife and I stopped at an antique mall in Maddison, GA this past weekend. We never buy anything but we love to look around. Well, to our surprise, they had two Christmas booths. Here are a few photos. If you look closely you'll see me taking the picture in the mirror of one of them.

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:38 am

ksrjreed wrote:The wife is with the youngest today at Cincinnati Childrens Hospital for a doctor's appointment, so it is just me and all the Christmas music and movies that I can fit into one day. I feel that it is going to be a great day. :smilecc:

Believing with you it'll be a great day for your spouse, child and YOU filled with Christmas joys! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:39 am

CandyKane wrote:I just got dd's new scentsy warmer. It's the pink princess 'Tiara' warmer and it is so pretty. She's gonna love it, since she is a princess you know. :elfgrin: Now I just have to find the perfect scent to go with it. I so wanted a new Christmas warmer last year but it just wasn't in my holiday budget. But there's always this year. :smilecc:

The Scentsy warmers are fantastic! I got one at Christmas with snowflake cut outs and I'm using it daily! Great job CK! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:40 am

CHRISTMAS CRAZY: just love the photos of the antique mall Christmas booths! My fave is the old Coca-Cola bottles! What fun! :scene:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:53 am

Christmas Crazy, the photos are indeed beautiful.

Needing some Christmas cheer, got my turn down from my latest department at the university. It is so discouraging when people you have actually worked with do not want you. The reason: the usual, we need [want] someone fluent in Swedish. Nevermind that i worked there for 4 months. 90% of all work is done by computer now.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter