2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:44 pm

Tomtemor wrote:Christmas Crazy, the photos are indeed beautiful.

Needing some Christmas cheer, got my turn down from my latest department at the university. It is so discouraging when people you have actually worked with do not want you. The reason: the usual, we need [want] someone fluent in Swedish. Nevermind that i worked there for 4 months. 90% of all work is done by computer now.

Try not to get too discouraged. The Lord knows where you are at. Just be willing to "go" when He leads you. I'll keep praying for the right job to come along. Christmas miracles can happen all year long. :D
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:45 pm

Tomtemor wrote:Christmas Crazy, the photos are indeed beautiful.

Needing some Christmas cheer, got my turn down from my latest department at the university. It is so discouraging when people you have actually worked with do not want you. The reason: the usual, we need [want] someone fluent in Swedish. Nevermind that i worked there for 4 months. 90% of all work is done by computer now.

Sending you some Christmas cheer Tomtemor! Yes, that type of rejection is painful..........like being denied a promotion in a department where you excelled. God closes the wrong doors and I'm believing he has the perfect job for you! Listen to some Christmas carols to fill your heart with joy. HUGS :snowwow:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:13 pm

Sending you some Christmas cheer Tomtemor! Yes, that type of rejection is painful..........like being denied a promotion in a department where you excelled. God closes the wrong doors and I'm believing he has the perfect job for you! Listen to some Christmas carols to fill your heart with joy. HUGS :snowwow: [/quote]

Good idea. Ironically, we are working at the university tomorrow as exam guards and have to catch the bus at 6:48 a.m. An early bedtime and Christmas on the mp3 could be just what the dr ordered. I told hubby, they were not wise in calling me today. At the moment I do not care if I show up tomorrow or not, but I gave my word, so I will, but I sure do not feel like giving them any more of my energy for pittance pay.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:39 pm

Tomtemor wrote:Sending you some Christmas cheer Tomtemor! Yes, that type of rejection is painful..........like being denied a promotion in a department where you excelled. God closes the wrong doors and I'm believing he has the perfect job for you! Listen to some Christmas carols to fill your heart with joy. HUGS :snowwow:

Good idea. Ironically, we are working at the university tomorrow as exam guards and have to catch the bus at 6:48 a.m. An early bedtime and Christmas on the mp3 could be just what the dr ordered. I told hubby, they were not wise in calling me today. At the moment I do not care if I show up tomorrow or not, but I gave my word, so I will, but I sure do not feel like giving them any more of my energy for pittance pay.[/quote]

You're showing strength of character to keep you word tomtemor! And I hope your mp3 is loaded with Christmas tunes. Sing along too -- it lifts the heart! :scene:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:34 pm

Your photos are great Christmas Crazy! Thanks for sharing. :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:36 pm

While cleaning the spare bedroom where my Christmas closet is, I found one of dd's last years gifts. It had fallen to the back and I completely forgot about it. It's a mini Lalaloopsy doll set~Holly Sleigh Bells. So I guess I'm one gift ahead for this year.

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:00 pm

CandyKane wrote:While cleaning the spare bedroom where my Christmas closet is, I found one of dd's last years gifts. It had fallen to the back and I completely forgot about it. It's a mini Lalaloopsy doll set~Holly Sleigh Bells. So I guess I'm one gift ahead for this year.

A Christmas find is a great way to end a Friday. Congrats! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:45 pm

Thanks for the photo comments. I just love finding Christmas stuff out of "season".
That's everyone elses season. Not ours. :D
A few weeks ago, we stopped by the "The Christmas Shop" in Savannah, GA. It was just OK. Pics below.

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:37 am

OOOo just love the Christopher Radko ornies at Christmas! What a beautiful shop! It gives me a big Christmasy smile! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby tinseltown » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:39 pm

Same here Noel would love to be in that shop right now !Love to you all christmas prayers being said for all of you x :smilecc:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:02 pm

Noel+ wrote:OOOo just love the Christopher Radko ornies at Christmas! What a beautiful shop! It gives me a big Christmasy smile! :D

I will be visiting San Antonio in February 2013. We have a shop like that, can't wait to visit it again! also hoping to spend one night at the Christmas House Bed and Breakfast.

:gbhouse:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:43 pm

Tomtemor wrote:
Noel+ wrote:OOOo just love the Christopher Radko ornies at Christmas! What a beautiful shop! It gives me a big Christmasy smile! :D

I will be visiting San Antonio in February 2013. We have a shop like that, can't wait to visit it again! also hoping to spend one night at the Christmas House Bed and Breakfast.

:gbhouse:

Good for you - what a trip to look forward to daily! A little Christmas while on vacation is wonderful! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:43 pm

tinseltown wrote:Same here Noel would love to be in that shop right now !Love to you all christmas prayers being said for all of you x :smilecc:

Sending some Christmas love your way too tinseltown! :scene:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby FatherChristmas » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:22 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:Thanks for the photo comments. I just love finding Christmas stuff out of "season".
That's everyone elses season. Not ours. :D
A few weeks ago, we stopped by the "The Christmas Shop" in Savannah, GA. It was just OK. Pics below.

Those are beautiful!
FatherChristmas
Bulb Tester

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:51 pm

Thanks Father Christmas.
I love finding :holly1: Christmas :holly1: when I'm out and about all year long.
There are a couple of stores in Atlanta that we're going to check out this summer or fall. Can't wait.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby FatherChristmas » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:15 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:Thanks Father Christmas.
I love finding :holly1: Christmas :holly1: when I'm out and about all year long.
There are a couple of stores in Atlanta that we're going to check out this summer or fall. Can't wait.

I know what you mean. Last summer while I was on vacation, I was surprised at how many stores had Christmas items in them :D
FatherChristmas
Bulb Tester

Postby FatherChristmas » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:21 pm

Okay, now this is just beautiful. I'm a sucker when it comes to Santa Claus photos (or anything to do with Santa for that matter).

FatherChristmas
Bulb Tester

Postby FatherChristmas » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:24 pm

This one is beautiful too. However, I always envisioned Santa's elves being much taller than this. But that's just my personal preference.

FatherChristmas
Bulb Tester

Postby Noel+ » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:21 pm

FatherChristmas wrote:Okay, now this is just beautiful. I'm a sucker when it comes to Santa Claus photos (or anything to do with Santa for that matter).

[img]http://crazy-frankenstein.com/free-wallpapers-files/christmas-santa-claus

wallpapers/santa-claus-beautiful-tree-christmas-1024x768.jpg[/img]

Father Christmas, the photos are not displaying.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:56 pm

I don't think crazy-frankenstein.com will let you link to their images.
They have no Christmas spirit.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter