2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sun May 06, 2012 4:38 am

Just sent off the "Christmas box" to the US. It´s either a little late or VERY early. :shop:

Hubby and I are taking a budget cruise Ascension weekend to try to regain our sanity. The price they quoted was AMAZINGLY low, like 1/3 of a week´s grocery bill. I will go pay for it tomorrow, if that is the price, it is definitely like Christmas! :reindeersmile:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sun May 06, 2012 3:28 pm

One of the great blessings of giving, especially at Christmas, is that our giver-God gives back to us. What a great present - enjoy your cruise!!! :smilecc: :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun May 06, 2012 3:29 pm

Jennifer, that would be a great job and a good Christmas gift! :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun May 06, 2012 3:30 pm

Thinking of my CAY friends and wishing you all a great Sunday! Time to think about Christmas in July plans............ :D :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun May 06, 2012 8:31 pm

Noel+ wrote:Thinking of my CAY friends and wishing you all a great Sunday! Time to think about Christmas in July plans............ :D :D

I cannot get any support here at home for Christmas in July. :cry:
But I'm anxious to hear about anyone else's plans. :D
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon May 07, 2012 12:22 am

Ahhh Christmas Crazy - sorry! Well, you could pack yourself a Christmsy lunch [turkey sandwich?], listen to Christmas tunes on your mp3 player, and sing softly to yourself at work at lunch! :scene:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon May 07, 2012 4:33 am

Noel+ wrote:Ahhh Christmas Crazy - sorry! Well, you could pack yourself a Christmsy lunch [turkey sandwich?], listen to Christmas tunes on your mp3 player, and sing softly to yourself at work at lunch! :scene:

AW........you have my sympathy. My ex husband was a Christmas grinch even in December so I had to celebrate Christmas in July in sneaky ways. Watching Christmas movies and listening to music when he wasn´t home, wearing sneaky Christmas clothing, etc. Fortunately, new husband is as crazy as I am, so he has embraced the "tradition". If there is a Christmas themed B and B in your area, I am sure no signficant other would turn down a weekend away.........There is a Christmas hotel in Tennessee that is on my Bucket list to visit. In the US I would cook an extra turkey, debone it and save the meat in the freezer for Christmas in July turkey salad. WE all know that Christmas is in the heart anyway! When your spouse sees that sneaky smile and ask about it, just smile wider and say you are celebrating Christmas in July inside. Oh, and no one turns downs gifts..........even simple thoughtful ones like perfumed soaps or something thoughtful but not expensive.

Speaking of gifts, hubby got a package in the mail that he says is my Christmas in July present. He is evil..........I asked him what he paid for it and it is within the Christmas in July budget ($10 or less).

Ah.........and my original reason for logging on. We got a Christmas blessing today. Hubby's current 50% temporary contract has been extended until December. It is not the best news we could hope for, but it is something. One day at a time! :elfgrin:

Noel, as usual, your computer art is breath-taking. I would love to learn to do that. :gbhouse:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue May 08, 2012 10:19 pm

Thinking of ya'll this hot Tuesday! Hope you all have Christmas in your heart & dreams! Praying for all of you. :snowwow:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed May 09, 2012 4:47 am

Needing some Christmas cheer........got my turndown from my last interview. Even though I was expecting it, it never gets any easier. My aunt called AGAIN last night to try to convince us to move to the US. On the surface, it sounds good, but I had health issues from the San Antonio heat that I do not care to revisit and there are alot of emotional strings tied to it.........praying for direction and hoping for a Christmas miracle in the form of a decent job here in Sweden for hubby. It seems like that if a move to the US were "right" for us I would be more enthusiastic...........not in despair.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed May 09, 2012 6:20 pm

It seems like forever since I've checked in with my favorite Christmas friends. Been busy, busy, busy. This is dd's last week of school. This afternoon I helped her make appreciation gifts for her teachers. She handpainted flower pots and I helped her plant begonias in them. We made Mother's Day flower pots at church this past Sunday. I retained my church youth directors position for the simple fact that I couldn't talk anyone else into taking over. And I've worked so hard to build up the youth program that I am not gonna let my kids down. So I soldier on. So looking forward to a long and fun summer with my family. :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed May 09, 2012 6:21 pm

Tomtemor~~Hope you get your much-needed Christmas cheer. :santa: :elf: :rudolph1:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed May 09, 2012 8:07 pm

I knocked 2 more Christmas gifts off my list today. Custom hairbows for my friends diva daughters. :D

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed May 09, 2012 11:29 pm

CandyKane wrote:I knocked 2 more Christmas gifts off my list today. Custom hairbows for my friends diva daughters. :D

Christmas shopping in May.........always a joy! Congrats! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu May 10, 2012 11:28 am

CandyKane wrote: I retained my church youth directors position for the simple fact that I couldn't talk anyone else into taking over. And I've worked so hard to build up the youth program that I am not gonna let my kids down. So I soldier on. So looking forward to a long and fun summer with my family. :smilecc:

It has been my experience both coming from a family of church admins and being one myself that some people do not step up to the plate until the one doing the job finally says they have had enough and are not going to do it anymore. That being said, at my last job in the US we also turned over alot of the planning and administration of the youth program to the youth themselves, the education director just saw to the actual teachers and sat in to see they were not going astray. The kids planned their own activities, parties, mission projects, etc, with minimum help from adults. I will also admit that we had a very hard time getting the parents involved at the beginning, they just wanted a Sunday night drop off service so they could go out and eat, etc. We finally had to make it clear that without parental involvement the child would not be allowed to participate in the group. It was tough love, but in the end, made for a better program. Hope you get some extra help by Christmas time!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu May 10, 2012 3:24 pm

Totally different situations. Without me the youth program would cease. And punishing the kids for the parents lack of participation. No way! This is my job and I take it very seriously. So moving on....

Tomorrow's dd's last day of school. They are having a big party to celebrate the start of their summer break. I helped out today and will be helping them get everything ready tomorrow. I'm happy and sad all at the same time. I went shopping this afternoon. On sale with a coupon... It's (Christmas) music to my ears. lol :whistle:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu May 10, 2012 3:29 pm

I went through my list of Christmas gifts already bought and I just need to buy for 5 more people. Of course dd's list is the biggest and I've already got a good start on her things. Of the remaining 4 I already know exactly what I'm getting and have started the old-fashioned envelope budget system to have enough to buy them before December. Of course there is always misc. gifts. Teacher gifts, extras for church, and other little ones along. I always try to keep a few things on hand for those unexpected ones. :shop:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri May 11, 2012 12:19 am

CandyKane wrote:I went through my list of Christmas gifts already bought and I just need to buy for 5 more people. Of course dd's list is the biggest and I've already got a good start on her things. Of the remaining 4 I already know exactly what I'm getting and have started the old-fashioned envelope budget system to have enough to buy them before December. Of course there is always misc. gifts. Teacher gifts, extras for church, and other little ones along. I always try to keep a few things on hand for those unexpected ones. :shop:

You're amazing CK! Every day before Christmas in July you've finished your Christmas shopping! Awesome! :shop:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri May 11, 2012 4:16 am

Sorry Candy Kane, I was only trying to help ease your burden.

Hubby got his new contract today. It goes from the end of his current contract, June 15, to december 31 and even included a 2% raise. Still only part time, but it is these little Christmas blessings that keep me from falling into total despair as well as the daily Christmas cheer from my Christmas friends.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri May 11, 2012 12:18 pm

Tomtemor wrote:Sorry Candy Kane, I was only trying to help ease your burden.

Hubby got his new contract today. It goes from the end of his current contract, June 15, to december 31 and even included a 2% raise. Still only part time, but it is these little Christmas blessings that keep me from falling into total despair as well as the daily Christmas cheer from my Christmas friends.

Great news Jennifer! Let's hope this economy turns around soon and the "full time" jobs come back.
Then we can put away a little extra $ for Christmas. :santa:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri May 11, 2012 12:30 pm

CandyKane wrote:I went through my list of Christmas gifts already bought and I just need to buy for 5 more people. Of course dd's list is the biggest and I've already got a good start on her things. Of the remaining 4 I already know exactly what I'm getting and have started the old-fashioned envelope budget system to have enough to buy them before December. Of course there is always misc. gifts. Teacher gifts, extras for church, and other little ones along. I always try to keep a few things on hand for those unexpected ones. :shop:

WOW CK! You're good. We have bought only a few things for Christmas thus far. And we also do the envelope system with a written budget for everything. We absolutely love it. Now we have a little Christmas money waiting on us when we need it.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter