2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri May 11, 2012 12:35 pm

Happy Mother´s Day weeekend to all my Christmas friends! I hope to make mincemeat pie in memory of my grandmother who passed away just last month. A little Christmas cheer to brighten the day.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri May 11, 2012 2:46 pm

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Fri May 11, 2012 4:53 pm

Today was dd's last day of preschool. They had a party to celebrate and it was so much fun. Of course I cried when they handed out their certificates. They handed out pictures that they had taken throughout the school year. They were all good, but my faves are the Christmas pictures. :elfgrin: I'd better get busy scrapbooking. :D

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat May 12, 2012 2:08 am

Christmas pictures are always perfect for a new scrapbook. Enjoy CK! :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat May 12, 2012 10:39 am

The weather is cool (50´s F) and wet, hubby is in bed with a cold/allergies, and I have spent the day making mincemeat tarts...........seems a little like Christmas. I worked on tweaking my recipe as I remembered it being very heavy on the citrus and I was pleased with the taste of the fruit mix. I have not tried the completed tarts yet, but I think they will be good. I even used Christmas WASA (sort of like graham crackers) for the topping since I ran out of breadcrumbs. Merry Christmas in May!

This is the basic recipe I started with, but in looking this up just now, I stumbled on one that I might try next time. Hubby does not mind consuming the evidence, so I can keep tweaking until Christmas!

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/mock-mince ... ome%20Page

Here is the recipe I found today with a bit more to the topping. We do not have "graham crackers" here but the Wasa (non sweet) with the sugar and flour could do the trick!

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/homemade-m ... ome%20Page
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat May 12, 2012 5:26 pm

Thanks for posting your recipe for some Christmas mincemeat tarts! Yum! :dinner:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Sat May 12, 2012 8:28 pm

I went shopping at Wal-Mart last night and bought dd a Bratz Funk-n-glow doll. I was actually gonna wait and buy it for one of her birthday gifts, but since she gets almost as much stuff on her birthday as she does at Christmas I just bought it for her now. :scene:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sat May 12, 2012 8:30 pm

I went shopping today and picked up a stocking stuffer. It's a coin bank shaped like a big lipstick tube and it's filled with little girls nail polish, stickers, nail file, and rings. Cute! I also picked up a couple more things for our Christmas child boxes. :shop:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon May 14, 2012 4:32 am

Hope all my Christmas friends had a great mother´s day. My modified first recipe for the mincemeat tarts turned out great! I might add a bit more brown sugar next time, but all in all there was not the overwhelming "orange" flavor of the ones I made last Christmas. Hubby said I have to keep making them until I get the recipe right. To him, every day is Christmas. Today I am off to check in at the unemployment office and a drs appt this afternoon. fun fun fun.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon May 14, 2012 11:42 am

Tomtemor wrote:Hope all my Christmas friends had a great mother´s day. My modified first recipe for the mincemeat tarts turned out great! I might add a bit more brown sugar next time, but all in all there was not the overwhelming "orange" flavor of the ones I made last Christmas. Hubby said I have to keep making them until I get the recipe right. To him, every day is Christmas. Today I am off to check in at the unemployment office and a drs appt this afternoon. fun fun fun.

:dinner: Your minemeat tarts sound wonderfully yummy! A little taste of Christmas!

Have your fun-filled day Tomtemor! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby jlcarey » Tue May 15, 2012 7:40 am

Ok, I'm ready to start planning for Christmas now...lol...it went from 80's and sunny with the kids playing in the pool to rainy and yucky and a bit cooler again...that brought back my Christmas fever...can't wait for our light show this year! Woot! Also, if anyone cares to look, I posted some of my Christmas Wedding pictures on my journal! It's been over 2 years now, but I still love to look at the pictures! :)

Edit: Here is the link to my journal! viewtopic.php?f=25&t=354
jlcarey
Bulb Tester

Postby Noel+ » Tue May 15, 2012 8:03 am

Hi jcarey, glad to know you have the Christmas spirit today! Its going to be 106F here with fires up north, so Christmas is a dream in my mind. Enjoy your fun planning! :scene:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Tue May 15, 2012 4:04 pm

It always amazes me how a little drop in temperature always puts me in a holiday mood. And rainy days.....they always remind me of Christmas. :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue May 15, 2012 9:29 pm

CandyKane wrote:It always amazes me how a little drop in temperature always puts me in a holiday mood. And rainy days.....they always remind me of Christmas. :smilecc:

Ah! Rainy days and cooler temps always remind me of Christmas too CK! Today we were 12 degrees above normal at 108F. Someone send snow! :snowwow:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby tinseltown » Wed May 16, 2012 3:00 pm

Hi everyone need some christmas cheer ! Doing 2 jobs , which i thank God for but so tired . Want to curl up with my christmas tree ,cold weather (Its boiling here ) and a christmas film :scene: Roll on November . God bless you all and still praying for your work situations everywhere . Chat soon :smilecc:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby ksrjreed » Wed May 16, 2012 9:30 pm

CandyKane wrote:It always amazes me how a little drop in temperature always puts me in a holiday mood. And rainy days.....they always remind me of Christmas. :smilecc:

I am the same way, any cloudy or rainy days I just want to sit on the couch and watch my Christmas movies. I believe people think I am wierd because I enjoy bad weather days so much and they don't know why. :smilecc:

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby ksrjreed » Wed May 16, 2012 9:32 pm

Well we planned our family vacation for this year, heading to the beach and this year we are staying at a campground. Checked the place out and it seems okay, the one thing that really got me was the weekend we picked to go the are having a Chrismtas in July events planned. We didn't even know until after we made the reservations. :smilecc:

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby Noel+ » Thu May 17, 2012 2:30 am

tinseltown wrote:Hi everyone need some christmas cheer ! Doing 2 jobs , which i thank God for but so tired . Want to curl up with my christmas tree ,cold weather (Its boiling here ) and a christmas film :scene: Roll on November . God bless you all and still praying for your work situations everywhere . Chat soon :smilecc:

Hi Tinseltown. You've been missed! It's boiling where I live too -- I'm with you "roll on November!" I also know what it is like to work several jobs and be complete exhausted. Encouraging you to rest when possible, and always know your CAY friends remember you! Hugs! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu May 17, 2012 2:31 am

ksrjreed wrote:Well we planned our family vacation for this year, heading to the beach and this year we are staying at a campground. Checked the place out and it seems okay, the one thing that really got me was the weekend we picked to go the are having a Chrismtas in July events planned. We didn't even know until after we made the reservations. :smilecc:

That's wonderful about the Christmas in July event, ksrjreed! ENJOY! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Thu May 17, 2012 9:59 am

Christmas in July at the beach! That would be fabulous! We're planning a beach vacation this year too. Just trying to get all my ducks in a row. Been busy, busy, busy. But love having my girl at home with me. :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter