2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu May 17, 2012 10:27 am

ksrjreed wrote:Well we planned our family vacation for this year, heading to the beach and this year we are staying at a campground. Checked the place out and it seems okay, the one thing that really got me was the weekend we picked to go the are having a Chrismtas in July events planned. We didn't even know until after we made the reservations. :smilecc:

That sounds like fun! Can't wait to hear about it when you get back.
Maybe pictures too?
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby ksrjreed » Thu May 17, 2012 11:00 pm

Will try to get some pictures,,,,the first day there will be a Christmas cookie eating contest,,,so much for trying to lose weight,,,,but I know this is for a good cause. Just wish they were doing a light display contest, then I know I would have a chance at victory. :smilecc:

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby ksrjreed » Thu May 17, 2012 11:03 pm

The wife and I have been in the need of Christmas Spirit this week. Our oldest and youngest share a birthday and that is this Saturday, the oldest turns 16 and the youngest 8. It is hitting my wife hard this year, the oldest is starting to drive and has already been looking at colleges and our youngest which has autism has been showing more and more improvement over the past few months, we should be happy but we get worried when there is this much success this fast we worry. Anyway,,,,I think tomorrow night is going to be a "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation" DVD night. :smilecc:

ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Postby Noel+ » Fri May 18, 2012 12:43 am

ksrjreed wrote:Will try to get some pictures,,,,the first day there will be a Christmas cookie eating contest,,,so much for trying to lose weight,,,,but I know this is for a good cause. Just wish they were doing a light display contest, then I know I would have a chance at victory. :smilecc:

:dinner: Oh, yum, a Christmas cookie eating contest?! Count me in -- especially less than 6 months from the big day! Have fun! :dinner:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby ksrjreed » Fri May 18, 2012 4:31 pm

I was out doing yard work and listening to Chrismtas music on my MP3 player just singing along and while mowing the yard looking and trying to think about a Christmas display this year and where and what I want to place in my yard. :smilecc:

ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Postby ksrjreed » Sat May 19, 2012 9:56 am

Today is feeling like Chrismtas at my home because today my oldest turns 16 and the youngest turns 8. The youngest has been talking about presents like it is Chrismtas morning so it is making today feel pretty good. :smilecc:

ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Postby ksrjreed » Sat May 19, 2012 11:32 am

According to some close friends that work at Hobby Lobby, their Christmas decor has arrived at our local Hobby Lobby and will be put on display around the first week of July. Let the countdown begin. :smilecc:

ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Postby ksrjreed » Sat May 19, 2012 12:50 pm

Here is a question for everyone. How is it that some people out there see Christmas time and say they deal with it, how can you just deal with it and not celebrate it? I mean it is more than just Santa and presents, why are the stress over a holiday that in my eyes is easy to handle and celebrate. :smilecc:

ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Postby Noel+ » Sat May 19, 2012 5:34 pm

ksrjreed wrote:I was out doing yard work and listening to Chrismtas music on my MP3 player just singing along and while mowing the yard looking and trying to think about a Christmas display this year and where and what I want to place in my yard. :smilecc:

What a beautiful way to spend a Saturday morning doing some Christmas dreaming! I bought a new schoolhouse village set for m sister today - on sale! Its definitely Christmas MP3 time! :singing:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat May 19, 2012 5:35 pm

ksrjreed wrote:Here is a question for everyone. How is it that some people out there see Christmas time and say they deal with it, how can you just deal with it and not celebrate it? I mean it is more than just Santa and presents, why are the stress over a holiday that in my eyes is easy to handle and celebrate. :smilecc:

The people I know who react that way are stuck in the past over some hurt. The death of a loved one or a slighted present. They blame the holiday and don't deal with the issue. Just my experience..........sad they miss the true joy of Christmas! :cry:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat May 19, 2012 5:42 pm

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat May 19, 2012 9:00 pm

I just finished watching a beautiful Christmas dvd from a friend of our family. She made the dvd last year as a Christmas gift for her son who is stationed Iraq. It is beautiful Christmas carols to scenes from their hometown area in Minnesota. It is short - 20 minutes - but just gorgeous! I'm in that peaceful, joyful mesmerizing spirit of Christmas :singing: :snowwow: !

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby ksrjreed » Sat May 19, 2012 11:32 pm

Noel+ wrote:I just finished watching a beautiful Christmas dvd from a friend of our family. She made the dvd last year as a Christmas gift for her son who is stationed Iraq. It is beautiful Christmas carols to scenes from their hometown area in Minnesota. It is short - 20 minutes - but just gorgeous! I'm in that peaceful, joyful mesmerizing spirit of Christmas :singing: :snowwow: !

Sounds like it was a great DVD. A very good way to send some of home to our soldiers who don't get to see home for Christmas. :smilecc:

ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Postby Noel+ » Sun May 20, 2012 1:04 am

[b][color=#0040BF]Thanks. And I agree about it being a great part of a Christmas gift for American heroes. This year I think I'll make one for those who live here! :smilecc: [/color][/b]

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby ksrjreed » Sun May 20, 2012 11:05 am

Maybe that should be a CAY thing this year, everyone sends a video from their hometown to soldiers from their area for Christmas. That way they can get a piece of home and to let the soldier know that everyone from their hometown is thinking about them. :smilecc:

ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Postby ksrjreed » Sun May 20, 2012 3:53 pm

Decided today that I would go through and clean out my wife's closet, which is were most of our junk ends up, but it is also my Christmas decoration so I have spent the last four hours going through my Christmas decor and checking everything to see what I want and what I want to do away with. I find it much easier to discard of decor when you are not in that season, that is any other decor, I have all kinds of reasons not to throw away any Christmas related decorations. :smilecc:

ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun May 20, 2012 7:29 pm

I like this movie. Christmas is too far away.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sun May 20, 2012 7:58 pm

ksrjreed wrote:Maybe that should be a CAY thing this year, everyone sends a video from their hometown to soldiers from their area for Christmas. That way they can get a piece of home and to let the soldier know that everyone from their hometown is thinking about them. :smilecc:

Our Marines,soldiers,airmen and sailors certainly all deserve such a loving tribute. And each of us who chose to do so have the time now that Christmas in July is just a few months away. :smilecc: :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun May 20, 2012 7:59 pm

Christmas Crazy: Christmas is too far away, but Christmas in July is just 2 months away! Time to celebrate with Christmas movies......and Elf is a funny one! :scene:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun May 20, 2012 8:00 pm

Just bought another gift for Christmas for my sister. Now its time to look for little favor gifts for the Christmas in July dinner! Hope the Dollar Store stocks up on paper plates, napkins, etc for the event! :flake:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter