2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

Postby ksrjreed » Mon May 21, 2012 9:09 am

Happy Monday CAYer's,,,,,hope everyone has a great Monday. I am loving today and treating everyday like Christmas. :smilecc:

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby CandyKane » Mon May 21, 2012 1:57 pm

Ksrjreed~~I admire your Christmas Spirit! Keep it up! :elfgrin:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon May 21, 2012 1:58 pm

Just watched the original Alvin and The Chipmunks movie with my dd. Love, love, love the Chipmunks Christmas song. :sing:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon May 21, 2012 2:02 pm

I'm feeling all Christmasy today too. This morning I used some of the Amazon gift cards I earned on Swagbucks to buy a gift for my dad. The complete Lonesone Dove collection on dvd. He loves all westerns but these are some of his all time faves. Not sure if I'll give them to him for his birthday in November or save them for Christmas. :santagifts:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby ksrjreed » Tue May 22, 2012 1:12 pm

ope everyone is enjoying their Tuesday, been busy here, dr. Appt for my wife and now speech and OT for my youngest, the bright spot for all of this is we are close to a parl that always has the best light display during Christmas and even in May I can still look at the park and see all those wonderful lights using my imagination. :smilecc:

ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Postby CandyKane » Tue May 22, 2012 5:59 pm

I bought a strand of Christmas lights at the flea market for $1. They are the round lights that kinda look like mini ice cream cones. They are multicolored and are really vibrant. I took them and gave them to my Mom. I know they'll look great in her Christmas Village. :lights:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby kiwidogy_max » Tue May 22, 2012 11:24 pm

We had our first softball game of the season (for the last 2 weeks we have been rained out). We did well and had fun! I hope Santa can give us an early Christmas present... The team needs some new bats.
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Tue May 22, 2012 11:25 pm

I saw a yellow convertible Volkswagon Bug today with a Rudolph nose on the front. They certainly have the Christmas spirit in May!!
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby ksrjreed » Wed May 23, 2012 10:11 am

Happy Wednesday to everyone, getting ready to listen to Christmas music and finish up some school work for the week. :smilecc:

ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Postby FatherChristmas » Wed May 23, 2012 3:37 pm

I love Coca Cola Christmas commercials, especially the older ones! They always get me in a good mood no matter what time a year. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVfYxMYkWLo
FatherChristmas
Bulb Tester

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed May 23, 2012 8:09 pm

FatherChristmas wrote:I love Coca Cola Christmas commercials, especially the older ones! They always get me in a good mood no matter what time a year. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVfYxMYkWLo

That is a great Christmas commercial. LOVE IT!!!!!!
Thanks for sharing the link FatherChristmas.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed May 23, 2012 10:29 pm

CandyKane wrote:Ksrjreed~~I admire your Christmas Spirit! Keep it up! :elfgrin:

That makes 2 of us -- here's to more Christmas joy! :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed May 23, 2012 10:30 pm

CandyKane wrote:I'm feeling all Christmasy today too. This morning I used some of the Amazon gift cards I earned on Swagbucks to buy a gift for my dad. The complete Lonesone Dove collection on dvd. He loves all westerns but these are some of his all time faves. Not sure if I'll give them to him for his birthday in November or save them for Christmas. :santagifts:

Good for you CK. I'm certain your dad will love his Christmas gift!!! :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed May 23, 2012 10:31 pm

FatherChristmas wrote:I love Coca Cola Christmas commercials, especially the older ones! They always get me in a good mood no matter what time a year. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVfYxMYkWLo

I love all the Coke commercials for Christmas. Old, new it doesn't matter -- just love them! And the M&M Santa commercials too! :shop:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby ksrjreed » Thu May 24, 2012 5:00 pm

Hello to all the CAYer's out there,,,,,trying to be in the Christmas mood today but after yesterday it has been hard. Received a call from my oldest son's school that he had been in a fight and they were going to suspend him for the last two days of school(which I thought is that really a punishment), come to find out, my son was attacked by another kid for no apparent reason and we ended up in the ER last night having CAT Scans done to check for a concussion. It kills me to see how kids act these days, I know I didn't act like a wild person while at school but it seems like every year the kids keep getting worse and worse.

ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Postby FatherChristmas » Thu May 24, 2012 6:21 pm

ksrjreed wrote:Hello to all the CAYer's out there,,,,,trying to be in the Christmas mood today but after yesterday it has been hard. Received a call from my oldest son's school that he had been in a fight and they were going to suspend him for the last two days of school(which I thought is that really a punishment), come to find out, my son was attacked by another kid for no apparent reason and we ended up in the ER last night having CAT Scans done to check for a concussion. It kills me to see how kids act these days, I know I didn't act like a wild person while at school but it seems like every year the kids keep getting worse and worse.

Oh my gosh that is horrible. I know what it is like to get randomly attacked at school, kids can be very cruel. You and your son are in my thoughts...
FatherChristmas
Bulb Tester

Postby Noel+ » Thu May 24, 2012 6:52 pm

ksrjreed wrote:Hello to all the CAYer's out there,,,,,trying to be in the Christmas mood today but after yesterday it has been hard. Received a call from my oldest son's school that he had been in a fight and they were going to suspend him for the last two days of school(which I thought is that really a punishment), come to find out, my son was attacked by another kid for no apparent reason and we ended up in the ER last night having CAT Scans done to check for a concussion. It kills me to see how kids act these days, I know I didn't act like a wild person while at school but it seems like every year the kids keep getting worse and worse.

This whole issue of bullying in American schools has reached a crisis point. Did you see the movie "Bully? Praying for you, your son, and whoever did this to him. Keep Christmas deep in your heart as you walk through this issue. Hugs! :holly1:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri May 25, 2012 3:02 pm

Alright. I come up with this idea for a cartoon strip last night when I was looking through some Christmas images online last night.
You gotta let me know. Is it too corny?
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby ksrjreed » Fri May 25, 2012 8:07 pm

TGIF CAYer's, hope everyone has Christmas in their heart today. Spent all day today at the hospital with my wife, she has to have a CT Myelogram done today. Everything is good with her and I also want to thank everyone for thinking of my son. He is doing good and the boy who did this is being punished to the fullest extent of the law. Can't wait to get this week behind me and start fresh next week with my Christmas Spirit never wavering. :smilecc:

ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Postby Noel+ » Fri May 25, 2012 8:31 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:Alright. I come up with this idea for a cartoon strip last night when I was looking through some Christmas images online last night.
You gotta let me know. Is it too corny?

I absolutely adore your comic strip Christmas Crazy! It is PERFECT! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter