2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:53 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:Hello to all my Christmas friends. I'm writing to you from Bogota, Columbia in South America. Had to come down here for work yesterday, and will probably have to stay until Tuesday or Friday of next week. I don't like being separated from the family, but you gotta do what you gotta do. Your prayers for my family are coveted during this time.

On a lighter note. I saw a Christmas store today that had 2 snowmen mounted on the wall above the store front. Way cool!
:snowman1:

I'll check back later. Have a blessed day and a Christmas Spirit filled heart. :D

safe travels, Christmas crazy!
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:22 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:Hello to all my Christmas friends. I'm writing to you from Bogota, Columbia in South America. Had to come down here for work yesterday, and will probably have to stay until Tuesday or Friday of next week. I don't like being separated from the family, but you gotta do what you gotta do. Your prayers for my family are coveted during this time.

On a lighter note. I saw a Christmas store today that had 2 snowmen mounted on the wall above the store front. Way cool!
:snowman1:

I'll check back later. Have a blessed day and a Christmas Spirit filled heart. :D

Enjoy every minute Christmas Crazy! Have fun! :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:56 am

We have feast of famine here. Now I have 3 interviews next week! Must be the last push before the swedish midsummer shut down. The first is Monday at the embassy for a summer job, that could work out even if I get the permanent job at the International school, which is of course my first choice. Praying for God´s will and discernment! Hubby´s ballet lesson went well except I was not allowed to watch. I did see him pose for pictures afterwards. For a large man, he has good form........might have missed his calling and the pay is certainly like having a Christmas bonus! Praying this works into more than one "spot" as he is now under contract for 2 years and cannot take any other "roles.". I will post a youtube link if at all possible once it airs. I can´t wait. I am maried to a star! It almost feels like Christmas morning. :-)
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:20 am

Thanks to a little rain and some much cooler temps I'm feeling all Christmasy today. :elfgrin: We had plans to go to the lake but It's just too cool. Not complaining. The heat will be back very soon. 8-)

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:44 pm

CandyKane wrote:Thanks to a little rain and some much cooler temps I'm feeling all Christmasy today. :elfgrin: We had plans to go to the lake but It's just too cool. Not complaining. The heat will be back very soon. 8-)

We have had 40´s and rain for the last two days. Reminds me of Christmas in San Antonio!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:36 pm

Tomtemor wrote:
CandyKane wrote:Thanks to a little rain and some much cooler temps I'm feeling all Christmasy today. :elfgrin: We had plans to go to the lake but It's just too cool. Not complaining. The heat will be back very soon. 8-)

We have had 40´s and rain for the last two days. Reminds me of Christmas in San Antonio!

Send any unwanted wind, rain or cloudy skies to the southwestern USA> Yesterday it was 114F and today it is 116F. And fires are burning in 2 states near us! We need a little Christmas...........NOW! :snowwow:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby tinseltown » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:32 pm

Im really missing christmas !!Hot here now and doom and gloom over the crisis but seeing all this christmas chatter as cheered me up alittle !! God bless you CAY friends xx :D
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:10 am

Embassy interview today! This is for a 3.5 month fulltime temp job. It would be a nice summer tie over as if I get either of the other jobs, they will not start until August 1. I would hate to "cut short" this job, but fulltime pay over the summer would be too hard to pass up, especially with our US trip coming up. Praying for Christmas miracles this week!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:32 pm

Tomtemor wrote:Embassy interview today! This is for a 3.5 month fulltime temp job. It would be a nice summer tie over as if I get either of the other jobs, they will not start until August 1. I would hate to "cut short" this job, but fulltime pay over the summer would be too hard to pass up, especially with our US trip coming up. Praying for Christmas miracles this week!

Continuing to pray and believe for a great full-time job for you! A Christmas in July present! YAY! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:33 pm

tinseltown wrote:Im really missing christmas !!Hot here now and doom and gloom over the crisis but seeing all this christmas chatter as cheered me up alittle !! God bless you CAY friends xx :D

Christmas spirit flows at this forum and it always lifts my spirit too tinseltown! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:26 am

1 interview down, 1 to go. Sadly, I never heard back from the fulltime permanent job though they sounded so positive on the phone.......oh well, we shall see. Today´s interview is for a 10 month fulltime temp at the university. Unfortunately, this one is probably in swedish. Praying for some Christmas magic this week!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:18 pm

Tomtemor wrote:1 interview down, 1 to go. Sadly, I never heard back from the fulltime permanent job though they sounded so positive on the phone.......oh well, we shall see. Today´s interview is for a 10 month fulltime temp at the university. Unfortunately, this one is probably in swedish. Praying for some Christmas magic this week!

Praying for some Christmas magic to come your way! :scene:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:38 am

Here's a great deal I thought I'd share. Pre-order the 'Brave' ds game on Amazon for $29.99 and receive a $20 credit. Plus you will also receive $8.00 credit to see the movie. This would make an awesome Christmas gift. :shop:

http://www.amazon.com/Brave-Nintendo-DS ... 802&sr=8-1

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:24 pm

CandyKane wrote:Here's a great deal I thought I'd share. Pre-order the 'Brave' ds game on Amazon for $29.99 and receive a $20 credit. Plus you will also receive $8.00 credit to see the movie. This would make an awesome Christmas gift. :shop:

http://www.amazon.com/Brave-Nintendo-DS ... 802&sr=8-1

Awesome idea CK. ANd it'll make a great Christmas gift with free shipping as a prime member! YAY and thanks! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:24 pm

Got the mid-week exhaustion blues, but thinking of all my Christmas All Year friends. Singing some Christmas tunes............. :singing:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:11 am

Had a nice citizenship ceremony yesterday. Now I am a Swede who was born in the US. They even gave us a book, it felt like Christmas!

Hubby has his costuming tonight. Sadly, he did his ballet excercises while I was asleep yesterday. Can´t wait to see the video! Could be the funniest thing since John Goodman played Santa in the great Christmas moive, The Year without Santa Claus!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:10 pm

Congrat! on your citizenship Jennifer! That's a gain for Sweden and a loss for the US. And a nice feeling of Christmas in your heart. I'm sure your hubby is much better that Goodman! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:11 pm

Just got some part-time work! It's a very long drive to a suberb on the east side of town, but even with high gas prices I'll take it! Time to start planning my Christmas in July list! :scene:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:01 am

Christmas present for me!
After working nine days in Bogota, Columbia, I'm coming home. :shop:
Can't wait to see the family.
I hope everyone here has been well. I'll catch up my CAY forum reading this weekend.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:14 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:Christmas present for me!
After working nine days in Bogota, Columbia, I'm coming home. :shop:
Can't wait to see the family.
I hope everyone here has been well. I'll catch up my CAY forum reading this weekend.

Have a safe trip home, Christmas Crazy! You've been missed and we look forward to chatting with you daily again! :scene:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter