2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:34 am

Noel+ wrote:Just got some part-time work! It's a very long drive to a suberb on the east side of town, but even with high gas prices I'll take it! Time to start planning my Christmas in July list! :scene:

Congratulations! I am still hoping to hear from the INternational school that called me about a second interview. They never called back with a time. I am hoping they are just involved in end of the year school activities.....

I am now a Dual citizen! Hubby has an 8 hour dance lesson on Saturday. Whew! He has legs like tree stumps, but I see now that it is ALL muscle. I guess a lifetime in Stockholm will do that to you. The topography is like San Francisco and walking is considered a major means of transportation. I would LOVE to have that kind of muscle tone.

And last but not least, welcome home Christmas Crazy! Hope you have a safe trip.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:37 am

http://odb.org/2006/11/29/always-winter/

Ran across this in my swedish to english morning devotional excercise. Always nice to have a bit of Christmas spirit in June. Our Daily Bread has been around for decades. I am quite sure they have enough material for a christmas only edition. I know it would be on my chrismtas list!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:55 am

Tomtemor wrote:http://odb.org/2006/11/29/always-winter/

Ran across this in my swedish to english morning devotional excercise. Always nice to have a bit of Christmas spirit in June. Our Daily Bread has been around for decades. I am quite sure they have enough material for a christmas only edition. I know it would be on my chrismtas list!

Thanks - I love it! Gotta get in shape for Christmas in July! :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:06 am

woohoo! I will have a second interview at Stockholm INternational School on Monday at 12 noon! Keep those Christmas prayers comin!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:04 am

http://www.summercruiseseries.com/chris ... y2012.html
Hubby is off to his 8 hour dance class and rehearsal so I started my annual Christmas in July websearch to see what popped up. Came across the link above. Sounds like great fun for anyone in the Detroit area. If nothing else, the menu is an inspiration. Hubby will be working during the week of Christmas in July this year so we are thinking of taking our annual Christmas in July cruise the weekend after. Our menu for the actual day depends on the weather. Sometimes it is too hot to turn on the stove.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:12 am

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/topics/chris ... laim.html#
Something else cute that turned up on my websearch. Now we have another reason to celebrate! Christmas in June! Actually Midsummer celebrates (in modern times) the birth of John the Baptist, the forerunner of Christ. many Swedes have a sort of "christmas" celebration (gifts) with family because travel is easier at Midsummer than in the swedish winter. Works for me!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:47 pm

Tomtemor wrote:woohoo! I will have a second interview at Stockholm INternational School on Monday at 12 noon! Keep those Christmas prayers comin!

:shop: Supercongreats! Will be praying for you!!! :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:43 am

Hubby got a Christmas chuckle yesterday at dance class/rehearsal. He said the instructor thought he was 35! He is 51. He told him he is off a few years. He can also say now that he has "danced at the Royal Ballet". No one was in the audience, but he has danced there. Wish I had been there..............LOL
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:46 am

Tomtemor wrote:Hubby got a Christmas chuckle yesterday at dance class/rehearsal. He said the instructor thought he was 35! He is 51. He told him he is off a few years. He can also say now that he has "danced at the Royal Ballet". No one was in the audience, but he has danced there. Wish I had been there..............LOL

And I wish you a picture of his dance! That would make a beautiful Christmas card! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:18 am

Noel+ wrote:
Tomtemor wrote:Hubby got a Christmas chuckle yesterday at dance class/rehearsal. He said the instructor thought he was 35! He is 51. He told him he is off a few years. He can also say now that he has "danced at the Royal Ballet". No one was in the audience, but he has danced there. Wish I had been there..............LOL

And I wish you a picture of his dance! That would make a beautiful Christmas card! :smilecc:

I promise to post the youtube link if it makes it there. His instructor sent him video he took with his cell phone but I have not seen it yet. He has worked hard for this Christmas Bonus!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby ksrjreed » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:43 am

Hope everyone has a blessed Sunday,,,,taking my oldest to start her second summer of Upward Bound Math & Science today,,,,it is a very cool program for people who do not know what it is. Found out from a friend that works at the local Hobby Lobby that they have started putting some of their Christmas decor out already,,,will be heading there tomorrow to see if it is true. Well, hope everyone has a great day. :smilecc:

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:35 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAZp2KPMyTc

For Your Christmas in June viewing pleasure. Warning: this is a good show, but sad episode. Have the hankies handy. Has QVC announced the christmas in july dates yet?
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby tinseltown » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:49 pm

Hi Cay friends hubbie in hospital for 5 days now burst appendix which pierced his intestine and now op wound infected so please pray ! Still doing 2 jobs then straight to hospital at night . On top of all that we just had a 5.8 earthquake which lasted quiet a while and it was pretty scary on the 4th floor of the hospital .Everyone ran out but i stayed with the patients and prayed like ive never done before ! Thank you God for protecting us . Cant wait for some Christmas cheer :gbhouse:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:01 pm

ksrjreed wrote:Hope everyone has a blessed Sunday,,,,taking my oldest to start her second summer of Upward Bound Math & Science today,,,,it is a very cool program for people who do not know what it is. Found out from a friend that works at the local Hobby Lobby that they have started putting some of their Christmas decor out already,,,will be heading there tomorrow to see if it is true. Well, hope everyone has a great day. :smilecc:

That's what my wife told me when I was out of town. So yesterday we stopped by Hobby Lobby just to see what all they had out. So of course I took a couple pictures.
Most of the stuff was on the top shelves.
CHRISTMAS IS COMING!!!! :snowwow:

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby FatherChristmas » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:41 pm

Has anyone ever seen this movie?
FatherChristmas
Bulb Tester

Postby FatherChristmas » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:42 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:
ksrjreed wrote:Hope everyone has a blessed Sunday,,,,taking my oldest to start her second summer of Upward Bound Math & Science today,,,,it is a very cool program for people who do not know what it is. Found out from a friend that works at the local Hobby Lobby that they have started putting some of their Christmas decor out already,,,will be heading there tomorrow to see if it is true. Well, hope everyone has a great day. :smilecc:

That's what my wife told me when I was out of town. So yesterday we stopped by Hobby Lobby just to see what all they had out. So of course I took a couple pictures.
Most of the stuff was on the top shelves.
CHRISTMAS IS COMING!!!! :snowwow:

Yay!
FatherChristmas
Bulb Tester

Postby Noel+ » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:41 am

Congrats to your son - I do know about the program and it is very cool! Also, run down to Hobby Lobby and start shopping! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:43 am

tinseltown wrote:Hi Cay friends hubbie in hospital for 5 days now burst appendix which pierced his intestine and now op wound infected so please pray ! Still doing 2 jobs then straight to hospital at night . On top of all that we just had a 5.8 earthquake which lasted quiet a while and it was pretty scary on the 4th floor of the hospital .Everyone ran out but i stayed with the patients and prayed like ive never done before ! Thank you God for protecting us . Cant wait for some Christmas cheer :gbhouse:

Oh, Tinseltown, it is wonderful your hubby has survived the burst/infection! Definitely praying for him.......and you! I've been in that situation where you go from work to hospital and it is an exhausting one. I think God saw your faithfulness to your hubby and he protected you during the earthquake! Praying for His angels to surround you both and raise you up together! :angelsnow:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:44 am

FatherChristmas wrote:Has anyone ever seen this movie?

The pictures are not showing Father Christmas, so I can't answer your query. Please post them again...........thanks

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:59 am

tinseltown wrote:Hi Cay friends hubbie in hospital for 5 days now burst appendix which pierced his intestine and now op wound infected so please pray ! Still doing 2 jobs then straight to hospital at night . On top of all that we just had a 5.8 earthquake which lasted quiet a while and it was pretty scary on the 4th floor of the hospital .Everyone ran out but i stayed with the patients and prayed like ive never done before ! Thank you God for protecting us . Cant wait for some Christmas cheer :gbhouse:

Oh my! Praying for your husband´s quick recovery!

Headed off to my second interview at Stockholm International School Praying for a Christmas miracle!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter