2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

Postby Noel+ » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:39 pm

Tomtemor wrote:http://tomtarojul.wordpress.com/

Found a similar group to CAY in Sweden! They are based in Skåne and do not seem to have a running dialogue like this, but still fun. THEY say Jul i Juli (Christmas in July in Swedish) runs from July 1-24 and ends on July 24. Hm....might do that next year, but that seems an awfully long time. I like the anticipation of waiting for it to arrive and then only have it for a week. Some of it is in English and you can always translate using http://www.google.com/translate.

How fun for you! Enjoy your new forum and your home Christmas in July celebration! :snowwow:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:53 pm

After suffering through a pretty nasty cold this week I finally feel some better. I even had enough strength to go shopping. I picked up a couple of clearance items for our Christmas child boxes. :shop:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:31 am

Well, so far Christmas in July has brought me a lump of coal. Found out late yesterday (always after hours when one can do nothing about it) that my unemployment has once again been cut off without explanation. The worst thing is having to wait until Monday to do anything about it.

I am trying to alleviate my depression by watching QVC Christmas in July and doing the preparatory cleaning for tomorrow´s bit of decorating. Just saw the Jim Shore interview and the patriotic santa. Man, I could go for that one if I was in the US and had a job! Happy shopping! :shop:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:00 am

I'm feeling better today but now I have one ear that's hurting and constantly ringing. Geeesh! It has been one thing after another all Spring and Fall. I hope this stops and isn't a preview of this Fall and Winter. There is nothing worse than being sick at Christmas. :holly1:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:25 am

CandyKane wrote:I'm feeling better today but now I have one ear that's hurting and constantly ringing. Geeesh! It has been one thing after another all Spring and Fall. I hope this stops and isn't a preview of this Fall and Winter. There is nothing worse than being sick at Christmas. :holly1:

I have been sick with allergies since the beginning of June. I hear you. Hope you feel better soon so you can enjoy Christmas in July! :smilecc:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:28 pm

Tomtemor wrote:Well, so far Christmas in July has brought me a lump of coal. Found out late yesterday (always after hours when one can do nothing about it) that my unemployment has once again been cut off without explanation. The worst thing is having to wait until Monday to do anything about it.

I am trying to alleviate my depression by watching QVC Christmas in July and doing the preparatory cleaning for tomorrow´s bit of decorating. Just saw the Jim Shore interview and the patriotic santa. Man, I could go for that one if I was in the US and had a job! Happy shopping! :shop:

I truly know how you feel Jennifer. Because I have a part-time job now my benefits were ended also. The entire world seems in a recession.

BUT: I am being determined to keep my heart light. I too am watching Christmas in July on QVC while fixing a holiday meal!

Christmas comes job or no job........money or no money........and I celebrate the God who will lift us all out of this mess! :flake:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:29 pm

Tomtemor wrote:
CandyKane wrote:I'm feeling better today but now I have one ear that's hurting and constantly ringing. Geeesh! It has been one thing after another all Spring and Fall. I hope this stops and isn't a preview of this Fall and Winter. There is nothing worse than being sick at Christmas. :holly1:

I have been sick with allergies since the beginning of June. I hear you. Hope you feel better soon so you can enjoy Christmas in July! :smilecc:

Praying for you to heal and feel better CK. There is something strange about allergies this year - everyone I know is having a harder time???

Are you watching QVC's Christmas in July? There are some really cute items to enjoy! :holly1:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:39 pm

Noel, as always your computer art is absolutely gorgeous. We did the cleaning and now the little Christmas in July tree sits on the kitchen table with its seashell garland, 10 hawaiian ornaments and Starfish ornament on top. We also put up a cute banner with cats in Christmas stockings and garland. I will put up some more garland tomorrow. The little tree has lights buit in, but in the land of the midnight sun, you cannot really see them. I think we will have the "big meal" on Tuesday. Ironically, I have to report in to the (un)employment commission on Monday. Oh what fun it is.....

This little tree is just perfect. Enough to make me feel like we did something, but not overwhelming like the regular season. :treewiggle:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:34 pm

Your Christmas in July decorations sound beautiful Jennifer! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:00 am

The christmas in july ice cream pie is in the freezer! AND, I have an interview on Wednesday with a recruiting firm for two positions as an educational secretary. The recruiter already expressed concern over my telephone swedish. I blamed cell phone technology. Praying the in person interview goes better and that the at least passes me onto the schools for their decision. So many companies now are relying on the recruiters to do the hiring that it takes the human element out of the equation. Keep praying! Wishing all my Christmas friends a very merry christmas in July! :scene:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:09 am

Noel+ wrote:Your Christmas in July decorations sound beautiful Jennifer! :smilecc:

I forgot to mention we got out the last of the Christmas toilet paper and I will put out the last of the Christmas kitchen paper (scott towels) when this roll is done. We also hung garland on my laundry rod going into the bedroom. The cats are going nuts with it blowing in the fans. :elfgrin:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby tinseltown » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:06 pm

Hi everyone ! Just to let you know how nice is it to read your posts and even if we all have differculties , we can still celebrate christmas as Noel so rightly said ! Crisis is looming more and more here so im stashing little gifts and bottles of christmas wines away while im still working . The tree sounds lovely Tomtenor and your words are so uplifting Noel :reindeersmile: I will continue to pray for jobs etc and Happy christmas in July :D
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby CandyKane » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:23 pm

Turns out what I thought was a cold was actually allergies that caused a nasty sinus infection that caused an even nastier ear infection. Yikes, I have been one sick puppy. Got plenty of meds so now I am feeling so much better! :D

Tinseltown--It's so good to see you. It's never a bad idea to stash away a few Christmas gifts just in case. :shop: Hopefully everyones situations will be improved by the end of the year. :scene:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:26 pm

Prayers for all those affected by the senseless, sickening tragedy in Colorado. I don't know what this world is coming too. Thinking Christmasy thoughts so I won't have to think about the bad stuff. :holly1:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:30 pm

Noel, I thought about you while I was watching the news this morning. They showed a huge dust cloud blowing through Phoenix. The first thing I thought of was all your weather posts about hot and dry and longing for rain. It was actually an awesome site, but glad I wasn't there. Although if we don't get some rain soon here it's gonna be a dust bowl all over again. :| Praying for rain, and hoping to see lots of Christmas snow. :flake: :flake:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:16 pm

CandyKane wrote:Turns out what I thought was a cold was actually allergies that caused a nasty sinus infection that caused an even nastier ear infection. Yikes, I have been one sick puppy. Got plenty of meds so now I am feeling so much better! :D

Tinseltown--It's so good to see you. It's never a bad idea to stash away a few Christmas gifts just in case. :shop: Hopefully everyones situations will be improved by the end of the year. :scene:

Glad to hear you're starting to feel better CK. I do not like summer time colds/allergies either. Mine tend to attack the sinuses. Especially when they are accompanied with an infection.
Make sure you take all of your "Christmas" pills. :wink:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:17 pm

Just watched a 2007 Christmas movie on Netflix tonight. It was a good one. Highly recommended.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:52 pm

tinseltown wrote:Hi everyone ! Just to let you know how nice is it to read your posts and even if we all have differculties , we can still celebrate christmas as Noel so rightly said ! Crisis is looming more and more here so im stashing little gifts and bottles of christmas wines away while im still working . The tree sounds lovely Tomtenor and your words are so uplifting Noel :reindeersmile: I will continue to pray for jobs etc and Happy christmas in July :D

You have a great attitude Tinseltown. I'll be praying for your work situation too. And you're smart to store away little gifts [well mine are little :D ] before the season starts. Its not the cost/size of a gift -- its the heart thought that matters. And no matter what this economy is doing in December, I know we all have enough heart love for Christmas to shine through!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:54 pm

CandyKane wrote:Prayers for all those affected by the senseless, sickening tragedy in Colorado. I don't know what this world is coming too. Thinking Christmasy thoughts so I won't have to think about the bad stuff. :holly1:

Words just can't express the stomach-churning grief this country is dealing with now after the Colorado massacre. We're praying for the victim families; those recovering; those in the theater, the cops/bomb squad members/paramedics/hospital employees too. And of course his parents who must be stunned beyond understanding. :cry: :cry:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:56 pm

CandyKane wrote:Noel, I thought about you while I was watching the news this morning. They showed a huge dust cloud blowing through Phoenix. The first thing I thought of was all your weather posts about hot and dry and longing for rain. It was actually an awesome site, but glad I wasn't there. Although if we don't get some rain soon here it's gonna be a dust bowl all over again. :| Praying for rain, and hoping to see lots of Christmas snow. :flake: :flake:

Thanks for the kind thoughts, CK. Yes we have dust storms daily......no rain so far over .25 of an inch. And yes the lower half of America is all in a drought and that is concerning! Here its 12 years and counting.........that's why the forest fires in the southwest consume so much land in such a short time. And I'm praying with you for rain & snow [no floods or avalanches] starting this Fall! :peekleaves2:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter