2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

Postby Noel+ » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:56 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:Just watched a 2007 Christmas movie on Netflix tonight. It was a good one. Highly recommended.

Yes, I watched that movie again last season on Hallmark. So if you want to see it again, check their channel during the holiday season. It's such a cute Christmas movie and it has a good message! :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:26 pm

Christmas in July Hawaiian Meatballs were fabulous! Definitely adding them to our regular meal rotation. Hubby asked if it had to be Christmas in July before we had them again. Ice cream pie is defrosting, then it is time for dessert!

Merry Christmas in July to all our Christmas friends!
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:49 pm

http://www.bradfordexchange.com/product ... santa.html

Just found my Mom's Christmas present. She's gonna love this! :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby KaraDeAng » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:53 pm

I picked out my holiday cards today and it is really getting me excited for Christmas!! I am going with Shutterfly because of their awesome Christmas photo card selection, which you should all check out! I am going with this card! What does everyone think? Does anyone else get them this early haha :smilecc:
Christmas, my child, is love in action. Every time we love, every time we give, it's Christmas.
-Dale Evans Rogers
KaraDeAng
Elf Apprentice

Postby Noel+ » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:21 pm

Tomtemor wrote:Christmas in July Hawaiian Meatballs were fabulous! Definitely adding them to our regular meal rotation. Hubby asked if it had to be Christmas in July before we had them again. Ice cream pie is defrosting, then it is time for dessert!

Merry Christmas in July to all our Christmas friends!

Mmm just reading about Hawaiian meatballs and ice cream pie makes me think of Christmas in July now! Merry Christmas in July to you and yours!

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:22 pm

CandyKane wrote:http://www.bradfordexchange.com/products/109333001_kinkade-true-meaning-of-christmas-santa.html

Thanks for sharing the link with us, CK. Thomas is with our Lord now but his work continues to inspire us all! That is gorgeous! What a gift of love! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:24 pm

KaraDeAng wrote:I picked out my holiday cards today and it is really getting me excited for Christmas!! I am going with Shutterfly because of their awesome Christmas photo card selection, which you should all check out! I am going with this card! What does everyone think? Does anyone else get them this early haha :smilecc:

Hello Kara - welcome to CAY! No, it is never too early to pick out anything for Christmas! :D That's a beautiful card - ENJOY!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:40 pm

CandyKane wrote:http://www.bradfordexchange.com/products/109333001_kinkade-true-meaning-of-christmas-santa.html

WOW CandyKane! That is beautiful. I like that a lot. (Mostly because of the manger scene)
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:36 am

Tried to get a friend in San Antonio to buy some Christmas in July ice cream and save it for our visit next February. He said between him and the kids it would not last. I told him to put it in the back of the freezer in a brown paper bag labeled squid or octopus or something the kids would think was gross. He said that would work for the kids but that HE was not likely to forget he had bought ice cream. LOL
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:53 am

Hubby asked me last night if any of our Christmas friends decorated the outside for Christmas in July. I told him in most places it was a bit hot but that one friend, Candy Cane?, decorated the front of the house. I was not sure if that meant the inside or outside. He said if we had a yard he would build a wooden sign that said "Merry Christmas in July" and had a place to list the number of days until Christmas. Now THAT is a cute idea! We are 7 floors up so even if we made it for the balcony, not many would see it. The neighbors are celebrating Ramadan and we get serenaded with arabic music from sundown until the wee hours of the morning, so we decided to serenade them with Jimmy Buffet, Caribbean Christmas music and Judith Owen Christmas in July during our Christmas in July dinner. Yes, we are evil.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby FatherChristmas » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:04 pm

Merry Christmas in July!
FatherChristmas
Bulb Tester

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:09 pm

FatherChristmas wrote:Merry Christmas in July!

Merry Christmas in July to you as well, sadly my computer does not pick up your pictures. :think:

Mele Kalikimaka!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:14 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:Just watched a 2007 Christmas movie on Netflix tonight. It was a good one. Highly recommended.

hm....when I search, all I come up with is a movie from 1991 with the same title. Have to keep an eye out. :D
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:45 pm

Tomtemor wrote:Hubby asked me last night if any of our Christmas friends decorated the outside for Christmas in July. I told him in most places it was a bit hot but that one friend, Candy Cane?, decorated the front of the house. I was not sure if that meant the inside or outside. He said if we had a yard he would build a wooden sign that said "Merry Christmas in July" and had a place to list the number of days until Christmas. Now THAT is a cute idea! We are 7 floors up so even if we made it for the balcony, not many would see it. The neighbors are celebrating Ramadan and we get serenaded with arabic music from sundown until the wee hours of the morning, so we decided to serenade them with Jimmy Buffet, Caribbean Christmas music and Judith Owen Christmas in July during our Christmas in July dinner. Yes, we are evil.

Not me. It's too hot for Christmas here. Noel is our Christmas in July decorator. :scene:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:47 pm

Merry Christmas in July! :carolbells:

If you enjoy Christmas cookbooks, Taste of Home is having an awesome $5 book sale. The best part is free shipping with $25 order. These would make very nice gifts. :opengifts:

http://www.shoptasteofhome.com/$5-Chris ... refurl=605

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:52 pm

FatherChristmas wrote:Merry Christmas in July!

and the MERRIEST of Christmas in July to each of you too!!! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:52 pm

CandyKane wrote:Merry Christmas in July! :carolbells:

If you enjoy Christmas cookbooks, Taste of Home is having an awesome $5 book sale. The best part is free shipping with $25 order. These would make very nice gifts. :opengifts:

http://www.shoptasteofhome.com/$5-Chris ... refurl=605

Thanks for the Christmas tip CK! Happy Christmas in July! :scene:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:16 pm

When I was in Savannah this past weekend, I found something that reminded me of my Christmas in July friends.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:16 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:When I was in Savannah this past weekend, I found something that reminded me of my Christmas in July friends.

Now THAT I can see! it is too cute! In true Swedish fasion, we had the "celebration" dinner on Tuesday, the 24. Yesterday hubby only worked half a day so we watched Rudolph & Frosty´s Christmas in July in the afternoon. My sinus infection is back so I will take it easy today as well. I guess unemployment does have its "advantages". You can declare a sick day without losing pay. We will continue our celebration with music and movies until Sunday. Then I will "undecorate". We only did the hall and the kitchen. If we stay in sweden and the budget allows, I might get some hawaiian decorations for the balcony to turn it into a "luau" for the celebratory meal. Lights are nice but useless in the land of the midnight sun right now. :scene:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:58 am

Just watched a Christmas episode of the Simpsons. The Simpsons might not inspire the truest Christmas Spirit......but they sure are funny. :laugh:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter