2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

Postby Noel+ » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:01 pm

Tomtemor wrote:Tried to get a friend in San Antonio to buy some Christmas in July ice cream and save it for our visit next February. He said between him and the kids it would not last. I told him to put it in the back of the freezer in a brown paper bag labeled squid or octopus or something the kids would think was gross. He said that would work for the kids but that HE was not likely to forget he had bought ice cream. LOL

:lol: It wouldn't last a week at my house! They do make a regular Christmas cookies version during the holidays and may have some left over in February. Fingers crossed for ya! :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:02 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:When I was in Savannah this past weekend, I found something that reminded me of my Christmas in July friends.

Oh that's so cute! Thanks for sharing - it does remind me of a Christmas celebration!

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:37 pm

Did you know?...
Last year when we did the 1700 Posts By Christmas, it was November 18th when CandyKane posted the 1200th post. Now here it is, July 26th, and CandyKane posted the 1200th post again.
:snowwow: I think 2000 posts will be no problem this year. :snowwow:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:48 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:Did you know?...
Last year when we did the 1700 Posts By Christmas, it was November 18th when CandyKane posted the 1200th post. Now here it is, July 26th, and CandyKane posted the 1200th post again.

Yay! Here is my contribution for the day. I had a better than expected interview at the recruiters. Hopefully something will come of it and I might get a Christmas in July miracle! Praying for a job, any job, so I can earn money for our trip to the US in Feb. Hubby is now working 2 part time jobs so our regular bills are covered, but it is hard to save for anything extra. One day at a time! :elfgrin:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:49 am

I also forgot to mention there is a "Christmas Crazy" in my swedish group too. That isn´t you by any chance? hee hee. ho ho ho. :santa:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby FatherChristmas » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:49 am

I hope everyone had a great Christmas in July!
FatherChristmas
Bulb Tester

Postby ksrjreed » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:26 am

Hello to all my CAYer's,,,,,it has been a few weeks since I have been on here because of storms, internet outages and vacations. Got back from Myrtle Beach las Friday and from there went straight into the Ohio Challenger League State Tournament(would like to tell everyone if you get a chance next spring to go watch a Challenger League game to please do so,,,it will do your heart good), and now my oldest two have started marching band practice. Now, the last part of this makes my wife and I happy, because for us we have officially ended summer and now are into our fall. For the past week we have been listening to Christmas music and watching Christmas movies, we went to Hobby Lobby and bought some fall decor with a gift card we received last Christmas(as a Christmas in July present to ourselves) and now we are counting down the days to the start of school (August 15th, here). Hope everyone has a great day. :smilecc:

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby ksrjreed » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:27 am

I have to admit, I was having a blast last Christmas Eve sitting at my computer coming up with just about anything to post so we would hit 1700,,,,,doesn't look like we will have that trouble this year. :smilecc:

ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:27 pm

Tomtemor wrote:

I also forgot to mention there is a "Christmas Crazy" in my swedish group too. That isn´t you by any chance? hee hee. ho ho ho. :santa:

Nope. Not me. That's just a Crazy wannabe. :D
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:11 pm

Wow Christmas Crazy! I had no idea. Thanks so much for the post. :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:16 pm

ksrjreed wrote:

I have to admit, I was having a blast last Christmas Eve sitting at my computer coming up with just about anything to post so we would hit 1700,,,,,doesn't look like we will have that trouble this year. :smilecc:

Either 3 or 4 years ago we had a small post goal. I think it was 700 posts. I was SO disappointed that we didn't make it that I decided if I had to sit up all night posting away we would not miss our goal again. It was alot of work....and a whole lot of fun spending December 23 and 24 posting. And this year we are doing so well that as soon as we meet our 2000 post goal we can continue just to see how many posts we can get by Christmas. :santadance:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:18 pm

I took dd school shopping today. No clothes, but I did pick up most of her supplies. Of course I bought extras for the Operation Christmas Child boxes. 4 for $1 boxes of Crayola crayons is too good a deal to pass up. :snowjump:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:58 pm

CandyKane wrote:

Wow Christmas Crazy! I had no idea. Thanks so much for the post. :smilecc:

ABSOLUTELY!!! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:59 pm

CandyKane wrote:I took dd school shopping today. No clothes, but I did pick up most of her supplies. Of course I bought extras for the Operation Christmas Child boxes. 4 for $1 boxes of Crayola crayons is too good a deal to pass up. :snowjump:

My Operation Christmas Child shopping starts next month. It is my fave charity and touches my year every year! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:00 pm

CandyKane wrote:
ksrjreed wrote:

Either 3 or 4 years ago we had a small post goal. I think it was 700 posts. I was SO disappointed that we didn't make it that I decided if I had to sit up all night posting away we would not miss our goal again. It was alot of work....and a whole lot of fun spending December 23 and 24 posting. And this year we are doing so well that as soon as we meet our 2000 post goal we can continue just to see how many posts we can get by Christmas. :santadance:

I predict we'll hit 2500 by Christmas. :thumbs:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby ksrjreed » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:46 am

Feeling Christmas inside of me alot today, have also been in a very fall mood, I guess with the extreme heat we have felt in my area over the summer my body and mind is ready for fall and definatly for winter. Will be taking kids school supply shopping this week, have bought most of the clothes, now it is time for supplies, which brings me to a quetion, is it me or do schools demand more from students now than when you were in school?

Candy Kane how do you enjoy doing the shoe boxes? We have started going to a new church and they do the shoe boxes and I am really excited to help them out this year. :smilecc:

ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Postby CandyKane » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:18 pm

Last year was our church's first attempt at a large scale Christmas box packing. I coordinated it and we collected all year then the week before National collection we held a packing party. We had soup and sandwiches then everyone joined in and filled boxes. It went pretty smooth considering it was our first time. You are going to love participating in OCC. I have so much fun hunting for bargains. I'm always looking for stuff. It's one of the best ways I know to keep the true Spirit of Christmas year round. :rabstar:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:20 pm

TVLand is having a 'Jeffersons' marathon in honor of the late actor Sherman Hemsley. I dvr'd the 2 Christmas episodes and just watched them. I haven't seen them in so long. It was a real treat. :thumbs:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:05 pm

Just home from work, and exhausted from errands too. It's 108F with 90% humidity and yucky. Hi to all my CAY friends! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:01 am

CandyKane wrote:TVLand is having a 'Jeffersons' marathon in honor of the late actor Sherman Hemsley. I dvr'd the 2 Christmas episodes and just watched them. I haven't seen them in so long. It was a real treat. :thumbs:

hm...must check youTube! I loved the Amen Christmas episodes! Undecorating day at the Lundgren Lägenhet. Too bad it is too hot to make snack mix. I found a great recipe for December, white Christmas snack mix. Here it is:

http://thebetterbaker.blogspot.se/2011/ ... s-mix.html

no holiday M&M´s here, but thinking I can use the red and green fruit pieces ("healther" anyway) that are available for fruitcakes year round. :dinner:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter