2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

Postby tinseltown » Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:07 pm

Hi Cay friends cleaned out my christmas cupboard and washed my christmas dinner set ! Bought some stocking fillers for my daughter and hid them . Bought my baileys liquer ready for when i decorate tree night (dont know what will happen with the crisis here so getting prepared early) :elfgrin: . Still boiling here and exhausted from working but its so lovely to start preparing for christmas :D God bless you and enjoy those christmas movies xxx :smilecc:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby CandyKane » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:21 am

Hi Tinseltown! I'm glad you're enjoying your Christmas preparations. In a world of uncertainty, it's nice to be able to focus on the joy of Christmas. And it's never a bad idea to stock up on things you'll need later. :scene:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:35 pm

CandyKane wrote:Hi Tinseltown! I'm glad you're enjoying your Christmas preparations. In a world of uncertainty, it's nice to be able to focus on the joy of Christmas. And it's never a bad idea to stock up on things you'll need later. :scene:

Ok, stupid question, what do you do with the Baileys liqeur on Christmas Tree Night? Do you mix it in something? I am always trying to think of ways to make this a special night since in Sweden you HAVE to wait until December 23, but we do not like the typical Swedish "dip in the pot" thing that is served. I also come from a non-drinking culture, so must ask the above stupid question. I am rather fond of Irish coffee which is the only thing I can think of for Baileys. Hubby is a Swede, nuff said. :lol:

We also do not have enough room to dance around the christmas tree which is also swedish tradition. :santadance: :treeswave: :peek:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:36 pm

I have a friend who loves to collect both the DVD and soundtrack of movies. I am trying to come up with a Christmas combo for her this year. Any suggestions? Does not have to be a recent release. I would prefer something Christmas but does not have to be. Any suggestions?
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby tinseltown » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:43 pm

My christmas tree night is usually around the end of november when i trim the house . So every year in the evening i light up the tree , put on Home Alone and pour myself a glass of baileys Irish cream , chilled and have some of my favourite chocolates . That begins the christmas celebration for me . Hope you;ll join me in a small tipple this year Tomtemor :scene: And yes Candycane , im preparing as much as i can while im working as we dont know what will happen here but christmas will go on AMEN x :smilecc:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby tinseltown » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:47 pm

Tomtemor what about the dvd Love Actually which i know has the soundtrack as well . Just an idea x :singing:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Noel+ » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:40 pm

Tomtemor wrote:
CandyKane wrote:Hi Tinseltown! I'm glad you're enjoying your Christmas preparations. In a world of uncertainty, it's nice to be able to focus on the joy of Christmas. And it's never a bad idea to stock up on things you'll need later. :scene:

Ok, stupid question, what do you do with the Baileys liqeur on Christmas Tree Night? Do you mix it in something? I am always trying to think of ways to make this a special night since in Sweden you HAVE to wait until December 23, but we do not like the typical Swedish "dip in the pot" thing that is served. I also come from a non-drinking culture, so must ask the above stupid question. I am rather fond of Irish coffee which is the only thing I can think of for Baileys. Hubby is a Swede, nuff said. :lol:

We also do not have enough room to dance around the christmas tree which is also swedish tradition. :santadance: :treeswave: :peek:

We mix it with coffee, eggnog and I use it in truffles! :dinner:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:41 pm

Just love your Christmas traditions tinseltown!

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:34 am

tinseltown wrote:Tomtemor what about the dvd Love Actually which i know has the soundtrack as well . Just an idea x :singing:

hm....that is a great Christmas idea! :shop: :whistle:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:31 pm

tinseltown wrote:Hi Cay friends cleaned out my christmas cupboard and washed my christmas dinner set ! Bought some stocking fillers for my daughter and hid them . Bought my baileys liquer ready for when i decorate tree night (dont know what will happen with the crisis here so getting prepared early) :elfgrin: . Still boiling here and exhausted from working but its so lovely to start preparing for christmas :D God bless you and enjoy those christmas movies xxx :smilecc:

Well, tinseltown, its "boiling" here too and I'm also enjoying Christmas preparations. The only decoration I ordered from QVC arrived! And I think its time I bought a new bottle of Bailey's Irish Cream this year too! Soon we'll be decorating for Autumn! :peekleaves2:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:33 pm

Oh, its the only way to avoid the hassle and disappointment later in the year. Christmas faves fly off shelves early! And just tinseltown's note reminded me to purchase a new bottle of Bailey's for Christmas cooking!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:47 pm

Hello my Christmas friends!
Just sayin.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:41 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:Hello my Christmas friends!
Just sayin.

too cute! I got more "bad" news yesterday. Assuming my unemployment is ever reinstated, I only have 50 days left. That means it will run out in October, rather than December when I thought. I have not yet bought the tickets for our trip to the US in Feb and am considering cancelling the plans. It costs 2 months of unemployment pay. Alternative, could be to purchase only 1 ticket and go job hunt but I hate to leave my husband. I did not marry in my 40´s to be apart. Trying very hard to think Christmas thoughts! I am also glad we bought a few decorations the last two Christmases when we were both working. I do not care if there are presents, but the lack of decorations (very subtle in sweden on a good day) is really depressing. Christmas decorations, music and movies is all I need to keep the Spirit alive! That and my beautiful husband and celebrating the birthday of my saviour! :nav1:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:17 am

Happy First Day of August! 8-) We're one month closer to Christmas! :snowjump: Woke up to glorious rain this morning. Not a lot...but at this point every little drop is a blessing.

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:19 am

Christmas Crazy--Love, love, love your Christmas picture. It really brightened my day! :rabstar:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:27 am

August 1st and time for me to get serious about stocking my Winter pantry. Despite the drought, we have been able to maintain a bountiful garden. So I have tons of fresh produce canned and frozen. The only exception has been the corn. Too hot and dry for it to make. With the dire warnings about food prices because of the drought I'll use this month to stock up on canned goods. Canned corn is still on sale and very cheap so that will be the first thing on my list. I can't have a good Christmas meal without the corn. :dinner: I'm still getting fresh squash, peppers, tomatoes, okra, and eggplant. So that helps the budget alot. :D

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Mrs.Claus » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:34 pm

As usual for me (although a little later this year), I have been quite busy and it's interfering with my CHRISTMAS fun. I always thought that when the kids get older I would have more time to myself. :lol: Anyway, I'm going to try to carve out some time a few days a week to commit to CHRISTMAS. Wish me luck! :santa:
~ Mrs. Claus ~

Mrs.Claus
The Mrs.

Postby tinseltown » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:19 pm

Love to read your posts ! Now i know what christmas all year is , a place where like minded people share whats in their hearts CHRISTMAS :smilecc: . Love the art work and i will be praying for you Tomtemor that God will provide . God bless you wherever you are x :holly1:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Noel+ » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:40 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:Hello my Christmas friends!
Just sayin.

A big Christmas 'dittos'! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:41 pm

CandyKane wrote:August 1st and time for me to get serious about stocking my Winter pantry. Despite the drought, we have been able to maintain a bountiful garden. So I have tons of fresh produce canned and frozen. The only exception has been the corn. Too hot and dry for it to make. With the dire warnings about food prices because of the drought I'll use this month to stock up on canned goods. Canned corn is still on sale and very cheap so that will be the first thing on my list. I can't have a good Christmas meal without the corn. :dinner: I'm still getting fresh squash, peppers, tomatoes, okra, and eggplant. So that helps the budget alot. :D

:smilecc: You've been so missed Mrs. C! Great to see you at 'home' and looking forward to sharing Christmas joy with you! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter