2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

!

Postby Noel+ » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:41 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:Loved the post about budgeting. We've been on a full budget for four years and there is no greater feeling than being in charge of our money (what little there is). And it makes Christmas a joy, not a burden.

Absolutely! Now that we're both unemployed, our prior savings are keeping us in our home. I'm concerned we're using up savings, retirement -- but I can pay the bills each month because we budgeted! Good for you Christmas Crazy - it'll be a merrier Christmas because of your discipline :scene:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Re: 2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

Postby tinseltown » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:27 pm

Hi everyone lovely to read all your posts and get the christmas spirit feeling again :smilecc: Not been too well pain in side , all sorts of tests but putting it all in Gods hands . Been doing some pre christmas cleaning though curtains cupboards etc as its a big house and boy does it need alot of cleaning . At this rate will have got all the yuccky jobs done by october so i can start my christmas decs ie pine collecting etc in peace . Then a big clean in november and its decoration tIme :holly1: I opened my christmas cupboard today and the smell was fabulous manderin clove and pine , from the pot pourri it transported me to the lovely days we have ahead at Christmas :D .We are going to be on a major budget this year due to the crisis and unpaid wages but like you all said it makes Christmas even more special ,getting back to basics . Prayers going up for all of you Be Blessed xxxxxx :singing:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Noel+ » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:46 pm

Tinseltown, lifting up prayers for your health. Hope this finds you feeling much better!

Your Christmas cupboard aroma sounds delish1 I need to get my cleaning plan in order too so I have plenty of time to decorate for the holidays.

Hugs and have a great Monday! :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:10 pm

Tinseltown, I hope you feel better soon. Praying for you and your family.

I love the smells of the seasons too. We bought an electric wax melting thingy at Hobby Lobby last night with some Fall scented wax melts. Can't wait to put it out Labor Day weekend. We'll have to look for Christmas scents soon too. :santa:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:12 pm

Im so excited! I'm working on a new Christmas decoration for the foyer. When it's complete, I'll post some pictures.
I think it's going to be really neat. :snowwow:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Mrs.Claus » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:12 pm

Tinseltown - praying for speedy relief from pain. Feel better soon.

The weather's been a bit cool for a few days, which got me thinking about Christmas. I don't want it to come too quickly, I like to savour the moments up till the big day. :D
~ Mrs. Claus ~

Mrs.Claus
The Mrs.

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:51 am

It´s Christmas in August week! "Officially" we only celebrate one day, but I can´t wait to watch QVC online on Friday while I am doing my friday cleaning. With hubby working fulltime+ now, it is easier to do any errands we have on Saturday and save any heavy cooking until Sunday. So, we might have the "official" dinner on Sunday. We have settled on Christmas Three Bean Chili, Christmas Quesadillas, maybe a fruit salad, or just cut up melon is a nice summer treat, and Fried Ice cream for dessert. We are still debating on the movie.

Please say a prayer for hubby, he has gone from working 50% to 110% (literally). He is an IT tech for 3 schools who of course all think they should be first priority and teaching a class two days a weeks on his lunch "hour" at yet a 4th school. It is hard to argue with God over HOW he provides, but I feel so guilty that he has all the burden. Pray for me to have the strength (emotional) to be the wife he needs.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:35 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:Im so excited! I'm working on a new Christmas decoration for the foyer. When it's complete, I'll post some pictures.
I think it's going to be really neat. :snowwow:

Looking forward to seeing the snapshot of your new Christmas decoration when you post it. Half the fun is creating it - enjoy! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:36 am

Mrs.Claus wrote:Tinseltown - praying for speedy relief from pain. Feel better soon.

The weather's been a bit cool for a few days, which got me thinking about Christmas. I don't want it to come too quickly, I like to savour the moments up till the big day. :D

Yes, much of the anticipation of Christmas is half the joy1 Glad you are having cooler weathers........hopefully Fall is coming soon in your area! :peekleaves2:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:37 am

Tomtemor wrote:It´s Christmas in August week! "Officially" we only celebrate one day, but I can´t wait to watch QVC online on Friday while I am doing my friday cleaning. With hubby working fulltime+ now, it is easier to do any errands we have on Saturday and save any heavy cooking until Sunday. So, we might have the "official" dinner on Sunday. We have settled on Christmas Three Bean Chili, Christmas Quesadillas, maybe a fruit salad, or just cut up melon is a nice summer treat, and Fried Ice cream for dessert. We are still debating on the movie.

Please say a prayer for hubby, he has gone from working 50% to 110% (literally). He is an IT tech for 3 schools who of course all think they should be first priority and teaching a class two days a weeks on his lunch "hour" at yet a 4th school. It is hard to argue with God over HOW he provides, but I feel so guilty that he has all the burden. Pray for me to have the strength (emotional) to be the wife he needs.

We continue to uphold you, and hubby, in our prayers for jobs Jennifer! Enjoy your Christmas in August celebrations. How's the menu coming? :dinner:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:51 am

Noel+ wrote:
Tomtemor wrote:Please say a prayer for hubby, he has gone from working 50% to 110% (literally). He is an IT tech for 3 schools who of course all think they should be first priority and teaching a class two days a weeks on his lunch "hour" at yet a 4th school. It is hard to argue with God over HOW he provides, but I feel so guilty that he has all the burden. Pray for me to have the strength (emotional) to be the wife he needs.

We continue to uphold you, and hubby, in our prayers for jobs Jennifer! Enjoy your Christmas in August celebrations. How's the menu coming? :dinner:

Thanks! The menu is set as above. I continue to pray for all those in similar situations as well. It is truly a global depression. Focusing on Christmas keeps our spirits up!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Re: !

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:57 am

Noel+ wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:Loved the post about budgeting. We've been on a full budget for four years and there is no greater feeling than being in charge of our money (what little there is). And it makes Christmas a joy, not a burden.

Absolutely! Now that we're both unemployed, our prior savings are keeping us in our home. I'm concerned we're using up savings, retirement -- but I can pay the bills each month because we budgeted! Good for you Christmas Crazy - it'll be a merrier Christmas because of your discipline :scene:

Praying for all in similar circumstances. It is so easy to get focused on ourselves in tough times and forget the Spirit of Christmas! :gbhouse: :scene:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:28 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdXxvtB6B4o

Here is something to get you in the Spririt of Christmas! The song the folk singer is singing is a typical "summer song". Sweden is the only land I know of where "summer" is a genre of music. The ending is a nice christmas surprise! Enjoy!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:15 pm

Watching Nothing LIke the HOlidays right now and I would defintiely NOT recommend it. It is one of those gut wrenching family dramas that just happen to be centered around the holidays. Defintely devoid of Christmas cheer. Mark this one off the list! There are too many other good movies out there to fill in your precious time!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:17 pm

I took my baby to kindergarten this morning. I have literally dreaded this day since she was born, but it actually went much, much better than I thought it would. Sending her to half day preschool last year really paid off for both of us. It's gonna be great to have some time to myself to work on my favorite projects. Like Christmas!!! :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:20 pm

tinseltown wrote:Hi everyone lovely to read all your posts and get the christmas spirit feeling again :smilecc: Not been too well pain in side , all sorts of tests but putting it all in Gods hands . Been doing some pre christmas cleaning though curtains cupboards etc as its a big house and boy does it need alot of cleaning . At this rate will have got all the yuccky jobs done by october so i can start my christmas decs ie pine collecting etc in peace . Then a big clean in november and its decoration tIme :holly1: I opened my christmas cupboard today and the smell was fabulous manderin clove and pine , from the pot pourri it transported me to the lovely days we have ahead at Christmas :D .We are going to be on a major budget this year due to the crisis and unpaid wages but like you all said it makes Christmas even more special ,getting back to basics . Prayers going up for all of you Be Blessed xxxxxx :singing:

Hope you are feeling better tinseltown! I'm sure all the worries and stresses you've been under are adding to your troubles. Hope the tests detemine what's wrong so they can get you fixed right up. Your Christmas potpourri sounds lovely. Scents are wonderful at transporting us to a happier place and time. :scene:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:26 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:Tinseltown, I hope you feel better soon. Praying for you and your family.

I love the smells of the seasons too. We bought an electric wax melting thingy at Hobby Lobby last night with some Fall scented wax melts. Can't wait to put it out Labor Day weekend. We'll have to look for Christmas scents soon too. :santa:

Electric wax melting thingy....You sound just like my hubby. :laugh: Scentsy makes some amazing scents. Right now I have their pumpkin marshmallow warming. It smells divine and is a perfect Fall scent. They also have some amazing Christmas warmers and scents. If you can't locate a local seller of Scentsy products, you can always find them on ebay. :peekleaves2:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:48 pm

I just ordered The Joys of Christmas 2012 Guideposts Book. I love this book so much. It's a yearly tradition. :holly1:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:35 pm

CandyKane wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:Tinseltown, I hope you feel better soon. Praying for you and your family.

Electric wax melting thingy....You sound just like my hubby. :laugh: Scentsy makes some amazing scents. Right now I have their pumpkin marshmallow warming. It smells divine and is a perfect Fall scent. They also have some amazing Christmas warmers and scents. If you can't locate a local seller of Scentsy products, you can always find them on ebay. :peekleaves2:

So that's what my neighbor was talking about. He and his wife left Saturday for a 2 week vacation (They're retired the lucky devils) and he ask me to watch for a UPS package. He said it could melt if left outside too long. And he said something about "Scentsy". I had no clue what he meant. NOW I KNOW! That might mean that his wife may be selling it or knows where to get it. I'll ask her about Christmas scents when she gets back. Thanks CK!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:39 pm

If you have some extra time, here is a place where you can put together Christmas puzzles online.
http://www.hollyjollyjigsaw.com/
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter